Verified:

Slagpit Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Apr 23rd 2024, 1:39:05

Alliance Talk is for discussing the game. There is no legitimate purpose in bringing another player's personal information, family, race, religion, or other characteristics into any discussion. Criticizing an alliance or country is perfectly fine and expected. For example, it is permissible to say that an alliance isn't good at warring or netting, that they pact in a cowardly way, or any other type of game-related criticism. But you should avoid personal insults against other players.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Leto Game profile

EE Patron

Apr 23rd 2024, 1:40:16

Yes sir. I'll share on our boards.

Doug Game profile

Apr 23rd 2024, 1:53:16

Thanks Slagpit. Didn’t think it needed said, but apparently it does. Even after just 24 hours into a new set. I too will share it with our folks.
Paradigm Senator
Contact Auk (Happy on discord) for PDM hFa issues.

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Apr 23rd 2024, 2:03:41

It's basic forums rules, doesn't need to be repeated, enforce it.
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6VRMGTwU4I
-=TSO~DKnights~ICD~XI~LaF=-

S.F. Giants 2010, 2012, 2014 World Series Champions, fluff YEAH!

Doug Game profile

Apr 23rd 2024, 2:06:08

Originally posted by KoHeartsGPA:

Ah ha! KoH for the win.
Paradigm Senator

Slagpit Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Apr 23rd 2024, 2:07:15

I did delete and edit a few posts already, but yes, I agree that we've been historically too lax on this.

TAN Game profile

Apr 23rd 2024, 2:09:32

Originally posted by Slagpit:

I did delete and edit a few posts already....

Okay Spez!
FREEEEEDOM!!!

Slagpit Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Apr 23rd 2024, 2:14:43

Leave it to TAN to say something so horribly uncivil in the thread about civility =(

g0nz0 Game profile

Apr 23rd 2024, 2:33:52

I did delete and edit a few posts already, but yes, I agree that we've been historically too lax on this.

I still got my bonus points

Slagpit Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Apr 23rd 2024, 2:38:52

Should mod deleted posts remove bonus points from players? Vote in this thread!

LittleItaly Game profile

Game Moderator
Alliance, FFA, & Cooperation

Apr 23rd 2024, 2:42:05

Yes
LittleItaly
SOL Vet
-Discord: LittleItaly#2905
-IRC: irc.scourge.se #sol
-Apply today @ http://sol.ghqnet.com for Alliance

Dark Demon Game profile

Forum Moderator
EE Patron

Apr 23rd 2024, 2:49:35

it would be a bit of recourse
Mercs
Natural Born Killers

VicRattlehead Game profile

Apr 23rd 2024, 2:52:05

I apologize for my incivility. I will return to frivolity.

Doug Game profile

Apr 23rd 2024, 2:52:56

Yes
Paradigm Senator

table4two Game profile

Apr 23rd 2024, 3:34:46

yes

Lord Milk Game profile

Apr 23rd 2024, 3:41:47

Im Mr. Meeseeks Look At Me!!
“Light must come from inside. You cannot ask the darkness to leave; you must turn on the light.”
WE ARE THE LIGHT!

Josey Wales

Apr 23rd 2024, 9:36:57

Alliance Talk is for discussing the game. There is no legitimate purpose in bringing another player's personal information, family, race, religion, or other characteristics into any discussion. Criticizing an alliance or country is perfectly fine and expected. For example, it is permissible to say that an alliance isn't good at warring or netting, that they pact in a cowardly way, or any other type of game-related criticism. But you should avoid personal insults against other players.

Just a minute… hold on a second there Partner.

While I agree with you, I would caution you about this game taking on the philosophy of Old Twitter.

Old Twitter was a grotesquely censored cesspool of cultural progressivism ruled by an elitist caste of nerds behind computer screens that ultimately blamed everything on male toxicity.

We’re all adults here Slagpit (well, that is, except for Yellow Pi$$Hole in the Snow, those Cannibal Bastards over at merx [they’d eat their own mothers], and superpyook) and I don’t think any of us need you to waste your time on trying to figure out what’s right, what’s wrong, what’s acceptable, what’s not, who can say what, when, and how…etc., etc.,.

And here’s why:

The Free Market.

The Free Market (and I’m not talking about the democrats idea of a Free Market- if anyone is still on board with that shyt show after all that has taken place, then your commitment to stupidity is truly Herculean).

I am talking about The Free Market of Ideas (henceforth: TFMOI) and Freedom Of Speach.

TFMOI always brings stupidity to its knees and makes an example idiocy. We don’t need you or anyone else to sanitize this game.

Outside of Criminal activity and threats,TFMOI will level every playing field, check stupidity, balance speach, check idiocy, and reset the system.

Let’s use yellow pi$$ hole for example. Why would anyone in their right mind start spewing on about his wife on these boards? But ok, so he does. Whatever. He blithers on, makes some accusations and libels another player and basically can’t control himself when it comes to personal information. Did anyone really care? Did anyone respond about the guy’s wife? No. Nobody cared. TFMOIs worked there. That subject didn’t get any oxygen so it died pretty quickly.

What it did do is tell us more about blackhole and that’s a good thing.

This basically goes for every subject. The Free Market Of Ideas is not going to tolerate evil. I have great faith in everyone that plays this game. All good people at heart. And I don’t think that you need to
start being a hall monitor and censoring what is said on the forums.

It's a waste of time. Nobody needs it and I doubt anyone wants it. Nobody wants to tip toe on egg shells about what they can and cannot say.

The Free Market will sort it out. If we have a player that turns out to be the embodiment of evil, nobody will want to associate with him or her. We don’t need a Ministry of Information to distinguish good and bad for us or else The Free Market will take care of this game ultimately and it will die a Twitter death.

Nothing is stopping anyone from contracting the Indians on Upwork to make a War Game (in a week), if this game succumbs to censorship.

Let The Free Market work for you… it will police the forum battleground so that you and your team can optimize the functionality of this game.

Let The Invisible Hand work.

The unobservable market force that helps the demand and supply of goods in a free market to reach equilibrium automatically is The Invisible Hand.

TAN Game profile

Apr 23rd 2024, 9:56:14

For those like me who refused to read that wall of text, this is what ChatGPT gave me when I asked for a one-sentence summary:

The speaker cautions against the game adopting the censorship of Old Twitter, advocating for the Free Market of Ideas to naturally regulate discourse within the game, arguing that outside of criminal activity and threats, it will effectively manage and balance speech without the need for censorship or intervention.
FREEEEEDOM!!!

UgolinoII Game profile

EE Patron

Apr 23rd 2024, 10:05:57

That sentence was too long so I asked ChatGPT to summarise it:

Don't be a fluff.

Drow Game profile

Apr 23rd 2024, 10:29:38

the whole problem with Josey's proposal, is that it assumes that no one will engage.
The sad reality is that people ALWAYS engage.
Further, that it gives drivel a veneer of legitimacy.

It is, as they say, the old paradox of tolerance.

Paradigm President of failed speeling

Josey Wales

Apr 23rd 2024, 10:40:54

Originally posted by TAN:
For those like me who refused to read that wall of text, this is what ChatGPT gave me when I asked for a one-sentence summary:

The speaker cautions against the game adopting the censorship of Old Twitter, advocating for the Free Market of Ideas to naturally regulate discourse within the game, arguing that outside of criminal activity and threats, it will effectively manage and balance speech without the need for censorship or intervention.

Thank you Tan. Great summary. I Love ChatGPT. I should have used it.

Case in point here in regard to a subject.

Josey Wales

Apr 23rd 2024, 10:43:27

Originally posted by Drow:
the whole problem with Josey's proposal, is that it assumes that no one will engage.

I should have commented on this detail. You are correct Drow. People will always comment but ultimately TFMOIs will prevail and good will triumph over evil.

How long to you think people will engage with some, unless to rake them over the coals, if that person is engaged in racism?

That wouldn’t last long.

Symbolic Game profile

Apr 23rd 2024, 10:54:20

Originally posted by Josey Wales:

I should have commented on this detail. You are correct Drow. People will always comment but ultimately TFMOIs will prevail and good will triumph over evil.

How long to you think people will engage with some, unless to rake them over the coals, if that person is engaged in racism?

That wouldn’t last long.

Whats your country number

Josey Wales

Apr 23rd 2024, 11:10:51

Originally posted by Symbolic:

That wouldn’t last long.

Whats your country number

Not playing this set.

EmpyreanMKR Game profile

Apr 23rd 2024, 11:50:12

Then tell your girl blackhole to stop being a little cry baby.
Empyrean
M4D - Has A Job

Ex UCN Sec of War
Ex Pres MKR
Ex Girlfriend
EX-Ample
Ex-calibur
EX-cellent
Ex-shut up

EmpyreanMKR Game profile

Apr 23rd 2024, 11:53:04

P.s. have a great set everybody .
Empyrean
M4D - Has A Job

Ex UCN Sec of War
Ex Pres MKR
Ex Girlfriend
EX-Ample
Ex-calibur
EX-cellent
Ex-shut up

Suicidal Game profile

Apr 23rd 2024, 12:26:29

Yes but, in another way......violators shoud be banned from posting for 7 days.....that would be lost bonus and the rest of us won't have to read the Bullshiat....
Might just create some good ole Alliance/Clan trash talk.
All the fluffing about 1A should be moved to GT so that Alliance AT could possibly be overall positive for new players.

BlackHole Game profile

Apr 23rd 2024, 12:38:59

Am I yellow pisshole? LOL.

Also - is me pointing out that someone attacked my wife breaking the rules, but said person attacking my wife... isn't? LOL

Ya'll and your mental gymnastics!

Suicidal Game profile

Apr 23rd 2024, 12:53:44

Originally posted by BlackHole:

Also - is me pointing out that someone attacked my wife breaking the rules, but said person attacking my wife... isn't? LOL

Why would you even want to play a game that shows both you and your family total disrespect?
And to continually bring up the subject, to show others that it happened in the past, show signs of your mental disorder. Mebbe seek mental health to deal with a game or just find another, more friendly game.
I could summarize this, and other of your post, as a person just seeking relevence but I won't.

Josey Wales

Apr 23rd 2024, 14:35:05

That was a compliment.

SuperFly Game profile

Apr 23rd 2024, 15:36:46

Not playing this set.

here I thought this was you and I was ready to farm you as soon as you left protection lol

Josey Whales The Joke of 2024 (#265)

Slagpit Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Apr 23rd 2024, 16:35:37

If someone breaks the rules on discord then you should message a discord moderator if you feel so inclined. It sounds like the messages were already deleted? I understand that you didn't appreciate what was said to you, but how is spreading it around helping? If it was a horribly offensive thing in your eyes then the best thing to do is not to repeat it any further. In any case, I think that you've made your displeasure well known at this point. When a message is deleted then that should generally be the end of it. Otherwise players will bicker endlessly about personal issues.

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Apr 23rd 2024, 16:50:31

If someone breaks the rules on discord then you should message a discord moderator if you feel so inclined. It sounds like the messages were already deleted? I understand that you didn't appreciate what was said to you, but how is spreading it around helping? If it was a horribly offensive thing in your eyes then the best thing to do is not to repeat it any further. In any case, I think that you've made your displeasure well known at this point. When a message is deleted then that should generally be the end of it. Otherwise players will bicker endlessly about personal issues.

He's like that chick that just won't let it go and keeps reminding her boyfriend of that one time he said something offensive 5 years ago .......
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6VRMGTwU4I
-=TSO~DKnights~ICD~XI~LaF=-

S.F. Giants 2010, 2012, 2014 World Series Champions, fluff YEAH!

Josey Wales

Apr 23rd 2024, 18:27:25

Originally posted by SuperFly:

Not playing this set.

here I thought this was you and I was ready to farm you as soon as you left protection lol

Josey Whales The Joke of 2024 (#265)

Please. lol. That must be your country Fly Paper. Trying to be famous. I would be just like you to farm yourself with yellow holes multis bringing up the rear.

TAN Game profile

Apr 23rd 2024, 19:46:20

What specifically was said, and do you have a screenshot of it?
FREEEEEDOM!!!

Doug Game profile

Apr 23rd 2024, 20:55:48

Edited By: Doug on Apr 23rd 2024, 22:55:21
Paradigm Senator

farmer Game profile

Apr 23rd 2024, 22:59:36

No repost required i am pretty sure stones players have more class than to make personal attacks over a game.

Rick Game profile

EE Patron

Apr 23rd 2024, 23:08:21

Can I say mean things about myself?

galleri Game profile

Game Moderator
Primary, Express, Tourney, & FFA

Apr 23rd 2024, 23:46:24

just a small hiccup here!

Summon a blizz mod for a joke by running in a circle 225 times and yelling jaljfldjaojsdfoijoifhasdiojfaoisjf

Edited By: galleri on Apr 24th 2024, 0:49:22

https://gyazo.com/...b3bb28dddf908cdbcfd162513

Kahuna: Ya you just wrote the fkn equation, not helping me at all. Lol n I hated algebra.

Buch Game profile

Apr 24th 2024, 5:24:16

That's ghey

BlackHole Game profile

Apr 24th 2024, 10:59:51

I can see the disconnect here, so let me clarify.

I'm not terribly hurt by the stupid things cult leader Leto says. When I get under his skin he tends to break character and lash out, saying some pretty terrible things, but I'm not easily offended, so it's ok.

The purpose of repeating it here, as well as mentioning that he supports doxxers, and covered for cheaters, is to continually remind people that Leto isn't the guy he purports to be. He likes to play this 'good guy' persona on the forums and with everyone, but it's so fake and ridiculous. He's overly nice and loving and caring. But again, if you watch closely, it's all an act. Hence the 'cult leader' title I give him.

So the reason I keep mentioning what he said about my wife isn't because I'm that hurt over him slandering my wife. It's because I want people to know that Leto is actually kinda a fluffty person, not a really good upstanding individual he claims.

And Ko - I know I sound like a broken record. I'm sorry bro, it's necessary though. For instance, Tan didn't know about any of this stuff prior to me repeating it all on the forums this time. I gotta keep putting the info out there to make sure it disseminates fully.

Suicidal Game profile

Apr 24th 2024, 11:34:13

I'm not terribly hurt by the stupid things cult leader Leto says. When I get under his skin he tends to break character and lash out, saying some pretty terrible things, but I'm not easily offended, so it's ok.

The purpose of repeating it here, as well as mentioning that he supports doxxers, and covered for cheaters, is to continually remind people that Leto isn't the guy he purports to be. He likes to play this 'good guy' persona on the forums and with everyone, but it's so fake and ridiculous. He's overly nice and loving and caring. But again, if you watch closely, it's all an act. Hence the 'cult leader' title I give him.

So the reason I keep mentioning what he said about my wife isn't because I'm that hurt over him slandering my wife. It's because I want people to know that Leto is actually kinda a fluffty person, not a really good upstanding individual he claims.

And Ko - I know I sound like a broken record. I'm sorry bro, it's necessary though. For instance, Tan didn't know about any of this stuff prior to me repeating it all on the forums this time. I gotta keep putting the info out there to make sure it disseminates fully.

No one cares....we come here to play a dam game not to hear about personal conflicts.....take that shiat to GT or any place that someone may care....I am so damn glad i don't do the Discord thing.....sounds like a bunch of power hungry, crybabies, and little biatches hang out there......Thanks Biden

Drow Game profile

Apr 24th 2024, 11:43:45

That wouldn’t last long.

Except that TFMOI's don't prevail, nor does good triumph over evil.
we have example after example of this being the case.
If it did, Racism would no longer exist in any form.
nor would sexism.
nor would a massive number of problematic issues, because we would have reasoned them out of existence with TFMOI's (TM).

The reality is that the world simply doesn't work like that, much as we wish it did.

We still have neonazis in the world, who spout the crap Hitler espoused, and hail him as a hero, and people lap it up.
We have politicians who literally blame "dem others (insert chosen ethnic, religious, or other minority group here) " for basically everything, and they get swept into the one place they shouldn't be, power.
Because rational debate etc doesn't work. It requires both parties to be rational.

Paradigm President of failed speeling

Suicidal Game profile

Apr 24th 2024, 11:50:40

That wouldn’t last long.

Except that TFMOI's don't prevail, nor does good triumph over evil.
we have example after example of this being the case.
If it did, Racism would no longer exist in any form.
nor would sexism.
nor would a massive number of problematic issues, because we would have reasoned them out of existence with TFMOI's (TM).

The reality is that the world simply doesn't work like that, much as we wish it did.

We still have neonazis in the world, who spout the crap Hitler espoused, and hail him as a hero, and people lap it up.
We have politicians who literally blame "dem others (insert chosen ethnic, religious, or other minority group here) " for basically everything, and they get swept into the one place they shouldn't be, power.
Because rational debate etc doesn't work. It requires both parties to be rational.

You actualy come to a GAME forum to spew all that??

BlackHole Game profile

Apr 24th 2024, 12:00:40

Originally posted by Suicidal:

No one cares....we come here to play a dam game not to hear about personal conflicts.....take that shiat to GT or any place that someone may care....I am so damn glad i don't do the Discord thing.....sounds like a bunch of power hungry, crybabies, and little biatches hang out there......Thanks Biden

Oh that's exactly what discord is!

Sui, I think you and I are quickly becoming good friends!

Cathankins Game profile

Apr 24th 2024, 13:26:14

I like how suicidal comes into every single thread to tell people how he doesn’t care. He should change his name to menopausal.

Slagpit Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Apr 24th 2024, 14:00:26

That is not the purpose of these forums. It doesn't matter if someone is a good or bad person. Keep it related to the game. If you want to accuse his alliance of having multies, great, go for it. It's also fine to mock his alliance for having a low average networth, poorly run countries, a poor war performance, or for other game-related reasons. But stop with the personal attacks.

Suicidal Game profile

Apr 24th 2024, 14:15:28

Originally posted by Cathankins:
I like how suicidal comes into every single thread to tell people how he doesn’t care. He should change his name to menopausal.

Thanks for your opinion....but, I don't care

TAN Game profile

Apr 24th 2024, 14:43:52

Suicidal is still stuck in his nihilist edgy teen phase.
FREEEEEDOM!!!

Josey Wales

Apr 24th 2024, 15:07:52

Originally posted by TAN:
Suicidal is still stuck in his nihilist edgy teen phase.

That sounds like a personal attack.