Verified:

dagga Game profile

Aug 29th 2010, 1:04:11

Do you feel it is appropriate to change posts made by members of this community just because you don't like the content?

Do you feel your role in this game is prejudiced by the fact you can't keep your mouth shut on the forums and you come across as a common troll?

Discuss.

Edited By: Slagpit on Aug 29th 2010, 3:30:36
See Original Post
signatures are stupid.
Months since LaF netgained: 22

Deerhunter Game profile

Aug 29th 2010, 1:07:45

I got to go with my man Dagga here for pointing out the truth and calling a spade a spade. These kind of sketchy antics should not be tolerated. This is almost worse than making lame excuses for a poor war performance. I bet you got a big fast sports car to cover up the fact that your small.
Ya, tho i walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
I shall fear no retals,
Cause i have the biggest, baddest, and toughest country in the valley!

gwagers Game profile

Aug 29th 2010, 1:09:47

...I want a big fast sports car.

Regardless, while I do not appreciate some of Pang's posts, I find him to be professional in about three out of every five posts. Which is more than I can say about myself.
Peloponnese (PEHL-oh-puh-NEES): a mythical land of cheesecake

"We cannot enter into alliance with neighboring princes until we are acquainted with their designs..."--Sun Tzu

Who has time for that? BLAST THEM ALL!

dagga Game profile

Aug 29th 2010, 1:10:48

That's a good point - I found his car online actually..

http://fun.irq.dk/riceboy.jpg
signatures are stupid.

Trife Game profile

Aug 29th 2010, 1:28:32

'you can't keep your mouth shut on the forums and you come across as a common troll?'

Dagga, you aren't supposed to throw stones when you live in a glass house.

dagga Game profile

Aug 29th 2010, 1:30:20

I'm not pretending to be a partisan administrator.
signatures are stupid.

Mr Charcoal Game profile

Aug 29th 2010, 1:50:59

Dagga is right!!!

Pang is a complete -nice person- who I really wish -good things- on! I absolutley -agree- with his antics and really wish -dagga- would stop posting all his nonsense!
Originally posted by NOW3P:
Religion is like a penis - it's perfectly fine to have one, but you're best served not whipping it out in public and waving it in people's faces.

gwagers Game profile

Aug 29th 2010, 1:53:01

Mr. Charcoal, although I understand your willingness to be as vague and contradictory as possible, that post really hurt my head.

"We cannot enter into alliance with neighboring princes until we are acquainted with their designs..."--Sun Tzu

Mr Charcoal Game profile

Aug 29th 2010, 1:53:53

ad libs can be anyone's friend
Originally posted by NOW3P:
Religion is like a penis - it's perfectly fine to have one, but you're best served not whipping it out in public and waving it in people's faces.

gwagers Game profile

Aug 29th 2010, 1:56:07

I'll keep that in mind, thanks. *pops headache killer*

dagga Game profile

Aug 29th 2010, 2:55:30

RD names are so 5 years ago.

Grow up.
signatures are stupid.

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Aug 29th 2010, 2:57:12

Do you feel it is appropriate to change posts made by members of this community just because you don't like the content?

ya, I guess that is a good point...

But I just figure that if someone asked me to change it for them on a thread, I would... and that just because I'm admin that rule shouldn't be different for me

You need to calm yourself a little though, because you are entirely out of hand in general with your posts and their content. Taking what may be an OK point to just an insult thread is really not a good way to get a point across, and I can't think of the last time you didn't do that.

I'm going to change Pang's post because I think it's not quite long enough!

Edited By: qzjul on Aug 29th 2010, 3:56:21. Reason: Wasn't Long Enough!
See Original Post
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff
pangaea [at] earthempires [dot] com

Boxcar - Earth Empires Clan & Alliance Hosting
http://www.boxcarhosting.com

PimpThang

Aug 29th 2010, 3:22:48

Sounds like a preacher i once knew who was telling everyone else they were going to hell. Meanwhile he was messing around with married women and kids. Anyone know what a hipocrate is???

And since all we have to do is ask and you'll change posts- i would formally like to ask you to change your above post so that all it does is say " Dagga, you are right and i will never do these evil things again. As usual i am wrong"

Based on your logic Pang- i'm sure we all look forward to the change you will be making in your threads and postings.

Slagpit Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Aug 29th 2010, 3:32:43

Dear dagga,

I edited your post. It was appropriate because we pay for the bandwidth that you use when accessing this site, we coded the forums you use, and we put in the manpower to keep everything running. It's also mentioned right in the rules:

"Breaking of the forum rules can result in your thread/post being edited or deleted."

If you have any further questions about the forum, you can contact Makinso. I'm sure that you know how to find him.

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Aug 29th 2010, 3:39:05

I think pimpthang missed the point of my post...

if someone starts using insults someone else finds offensive, we will alter it without changing the content of the post.

-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff

Deerhunter Game profile

Aug 29th 2010, 4:03:44

I think if your going to edit a post you should at least make a note in the post and let it be known that these are now your words as a mod and not the original barer of the post. I know i would feel slighted and hate it were someone to edit me. I would not want other people to say "you said such and such" when i didnt. When maybe a mod cam along and didnt like me or what i was saying so they changed it to what they "feel appropriate".
Im not disputing all the HARD work you all do. All i am saying is to make a not in the post or maybe highlight it so people would know there are not all the words of the original barer.
I shall fear no retals,

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Aug 29th 2010, 4:07:11

holy crap....

I did leave a note on the thread when I edited it. I never just edit a post without leaving a reason, unless it's my own...

A lot of forum moderators on the net will delete ANYTHING that attempts to smear the mods or the administration that runs the forum/game/company/whatever. We are more than lenient with these forums so it irks me when people try to say that we're being overbearing mods when nothing has even been done that's wrong.

If you hate me so much that you have to criticize absolute EVERYTHING I do, even when it follows long established policies that apply to everyone, then go find yourself a new place to spend your time because I'm growing tired of it. You know who you are.

this is beyond ridiculous....

Edited By: Pang on Aug 29th 2010, 4:14:42
See Original Post
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff

Deerhunter Game profile

Aug 29th 2010, 4:09:11

Im offended by your holey crap pang.

But, it seems freedom of speech is only reserved for you.
I shall fear no retals,

Slagpit Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Aug 29th 2010, 4:28:57

I reviewed the post in question. It was a five word content-free post in which dagga attempted to turn pang's handle into some kind of homophobic insult. It's an inappropriate thing to do to any player. Dagga's reversal of the edit and this thread got him banned for a while.

The only way pang's status comes into it is that I regret that both of us had to waste our time on this non-issue rather than working on the game.

By the way, should we stop editing offensive country names like #658? We need to protect player speech above all else, right?