Verified:

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Apr 2nd 2024, 19:24:08

Yes they do need to be reported (privately) however the forums are not game codes and we've been having issue with the forums since earth empires started, we can't even delete messages, and it doesn't help anyone when you decide to lock a thread where you asked what improvements can be made and later on when people point out issues you decide to slap us around with fancy words and walk off....

Just saying

You do you boo.
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6VRMGTwU4I
-=TSO~DKnights~ICD~XI~LaF=-

S.F. Giants 2010, 2012, 2014 World Series Champions, fluff YEAH!

Celphi Game profile

EE Patron

Apr 2nd 2024, 19:28:19

@koh

I went to pm with slagpit describing issue and we used "Req's" comments as a way to reproduce it.
Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated.

Slagpit Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Apr 2nd 2024, 19:29:42

I reopened the thread.

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Apr 2nd 2024, 19:31:02

Thanks 😊

Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Apr 2nd 2024, 19:31:20

A user following the happy path such as a basic forum search is, in my opinion, not an exploit. Now if I were to say leave the happy path and find some kind of odd URL param that allowed me to see info I shouldn't... Then I would agree that's an exploit.

But at some point we are just talking semantics, but be humble slag don't be a jerk.

Slagpit Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Apr 2nd 2024, 19:39:03

Players post all kinds of vile fluff here, including the personal information of other players. Stuff that like needs to be deleted and it needs to not be accessible to other players after it is deleted.

It's obviously a bug. I asked the admins about it and no one had heard of it. Now, it's possible that someone posted about it on B&S and we missed it. It's our fault in that case. But if no one reported the issue then in effect players knew about a bug and kept quiet about it. Is the community really in that terrible of a state?

The false accusations you guys throw around are annoying, but this is the first time I'm actually pissed off about something.

Edited By: Slagpit on Apr 2nd 2024, 19:46:43
See Original Post

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Apr 2nd 2024, 19:49:51

The issue with messages being unable to be deleted and people able to post in closed threads are old, at least since 2012 when I came back, I don't know what happens after we report it, that's out off our hands.
(•_•)

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Apr 2nd 2024, 20:00:13

I'm not going to spend a bunch of time looking around but I am sure it has been brought up before.

https://www.earthempires.com/...k/forum-mods-34066#618163

Martian for example talks about it.

Celphi Game profile

EE Patron

Apr 2nd 2024, 22:33:46

[ deleted ]
Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated.

Cathankins Game profile

Apr 3rd 2024, 11:54:29

Originally posted by Slagpit:
Players post all kinds of vile fluff here, including the personal information of other players. Stuff that like needs to be deleted and it needs to not be accessible to other players after it is deleted.

It's obviously a bug. I asked the admins about it and no one had heard of it. Now, it's possible that someone posted about it on B&S and we missed it. It's our fault in that case. But if no one reported the issue then in effect players knew about a bug and kept quiet about it. Is the community really in that terrible of a state?

The false accusations you guys throw around are annoying, but this is the first time I'm actually pissed off about something.

Yes, you have a community full of sadist psychopath liars that like to taunt people, abuse your new players in various ways and run them off as soon as they come.

Your issue isn’t the game, the game is great. The people here are the issue.

Any successful business will be ruined if you don’t run off the local idiots that harrass your customers. Ask Derrick; its very common in the bar business so I’m sure he could add valuable context.

Cathankins Game profile

Apr 3rd 2024, 11:56:19

You have cool guys here too but a lot of goofballs as well. It’s a mixed bag for sure

Coalie Game profile

EE Patron

Apr 3rd 2024, 13:54:24

Originally posted by Cathankins:

Yes, you have a community full of sadist psychopath

Hey it’s good to see you back. I hope you have been well. Was gettin worried I’d never see you again

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Apr 3rd 2024, 14:32:59

You have cool guys here too but a lot of goofballs as well. It’s a mixed bag for sure

I am genuinely curious about which category you see yourself falling into in this mixed bag.

Cathankins Game profile

Apr 3rd 2024, 15:41:03

Originally posted by Requiem:

I am genuinely curious about which category you see yourself falling into in this mixed bag.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=JVL3Kz_x2MA

EmpyreanMKR Game profile

Apr 3rd 2024, 15:54:28

uh oh. This thread is about to get insane.
Empyrean
M4D - Has A Job

Ex UCN Sec of War
Ex Pres MKR
Ex Girlfriend
EX-Ample
Ex-calibur
EX-cellent
Ex-shut up

SuperFly Game profile

Apr 3rd 2024, 16:28:23

Originally posted by EmpyreanMKR:
uh oh. This thread is about to get insane.

Provided no one fuels the fire it should be ok no?