Verified:

silverbeet Game profile

Jun 21st 2010, 10:27:20

We are the last 400 earth players that'll fix the game. So thanks for making it back for us and giving us some of those last 10 yrs back.

The changes are nice, but I do think we are stuck in an aged clan structure that should change first, and if not bring rules in that guide those changes. So far the changes have been tweaks to improve on old ideas. Bravo to you guys, I love you all for it.

But if you're willing to do so much, I'd also like you guys to consider more dramatic changes, each new round can be reset if those didn't work. Maybe you could improve on it the next. Or just maybe, you take it off and try a new one, and build up a cycle of different variations. This would be like that magic the gathering game, with new spells each reset. Entirely new ideas, suggestions that everyone is putting into the hat. Infact, make a lottery out of that...

No doubt you've got that planned someday. I just think sooner, before we all really give up. It just doesn't feel like these minor tweaks are doing enough for all the effort you guys are putting into for 400 people. If you get what I mean.

Having said that, it's all us players that need to change in some way. We all know what happened in the history of earth, but we still cling on to the idea of netting without ever being hit, or warring to the absolute redeath. Restarting is a pain because we all do that every round. Netting without ever losing out is only an idea. Only an optimal and never achievable scenario, yet we believe it is... Integrate them somehow, and teach the new players the new concepts, and maybe we'll last another 15yrs. It'll be 2025 then.

silverbeet Game profile

Jun 21st 2010, 11:05:46

Oh yeah forgot to say thanks.
And i love the commie being able to sell more. I can't wait to do a commie to demo switch. That move alone would rock my set!

qzjul Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Jun 21st 2010, 21:17:27

Well... I will say this much: we have a number of ideas :) We have discussed them off and on here and there; but many of them will required detailed analysis of how much it will upset the balance of the game; the current game nicely regulates itself via the market (except for PM bushels)... but we don't want to completely change the balance overnight ;)

But the main thing is that - for the moment - our priorities have been less to changing the game and more to fixing it up for usability and facebookness
Finally did the signature thing.

silverbeet Game profile

Jul 3rd 2010, 0:47:32

Three thoughts:
1) hidden tags
that only reveal when you hit them, and it's your clan in boxcar that reveals it.

2) CS indestructible in BR and maybe even AB's (but maybe not to make them more useful... )
like the nukes! Would make wars much more enjoyable, as you could make a comeback.

3) I've just encountered a situaton where the dropping land thing is adversely affecting me.

4) bring back conditioning tech
back then we didn't understand it, but now... it's changes like these that require retweaking by players that may keep them playing. Changes undergo adaptation and re-adaptation which lasts a few sets, but as we get more efficient in it, it becomes the norm, by then it gets boged down in safety rules (clan policy).

Hoping to see some discussion here on these ideas...

qzjul Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Jul 3rd 2010, 1:13:51

1) i don't think i understand; also keep in mind boxcar is only one of many 3rd party hosting sites ;)

2) indestructible CS? i can think of many war people who would balk at that

3) dropping land is hardly ever a good thing; there are, i agree, a couple situations where it's useful; however, you usually should not have grabbed a ton of land in those cases

4) and remove MS? or what? conditioning tech was pretty used i thought

Finally did the signature thing.

ICe Man

Jul 3rd 2010, 16:31:03

Medical < Conditioning

Definately =)
Thank God, for I'm a blessed man.