Verified:

tellarion Game profile

Mar 25th 2013, 8:20:43

Over the past 2 days, I've been experiencing intermittent issues connecting to the site. Yesterday, it was working fine around 3am GT or so, and then stopped working an hour or so later. All I get is a generic 'Can't find the webpage' message. This continued for most of the day yesterday.

Just now, I couldn't connect again, but after refreshing periodically, I was able to access the portal site, but NOT the forums. Now I obviously have full access again. I have no issues connecting to Evo's site or irc, which are on the same server(right?).

I think one other Evo member from Malaysia was having similar issues. I'm playing from Japan. Any ideas?

Dibs Ludicrous Game profile

Mar 25th 2013, 9:11:48

dunno, but I've also experienced times when the forums weren't available. meh, i have a cellular connection. i blame anonymous.
There are no messages in your Inbox.
Elvis has left the building.

bstrong86 Game profile

Mar 25th 2013, 15:07:00

having similar problems only when on computer. tablet runs fine except for when it jumbles a page i am on with a page i click on, which i have told QZ about and even sent him a picture, a few weeks ago...
The Death Knights

XI

bertz Game profile

Mar 26th 2013, 2:04:31

I used to play in a tablet but suffered twice with connection issues. But is pretty rare.

tellarion Game profile

Mar 26th 2013, 6:45:16

Yeah my phone was apparently fine, but pc wasn't. Also, sometimes the portal was fine, but forums weren't. This was before the whole server crashes last night btw.

OneMansArmy Game profile

Mar 26th 2013, 7:17:58

Server not found

Firefox can't find the server at http://www.earthempires.com.

- Right after I had spied into my target to attack, but before I got to attack them.. Hope it comes back up soon or that turn is wasted.. =/

EDIT: nevermind.. I can log in through my phone, but not my PC..

Edit 2: So after restarting my computer it worked for another 10 minutes or so before doing it again. Restarting my PC once more solved the issue again..

Edit 3: I did try clearing the cookies first, but that didn't work.

Edited By: OneMansArmy on Mar 26th 2013, 8:14:06
See Original Post
Other than Earth Empires I also play Battlefield games:
http://www.youtube.com/user/UneManArmy/featured

tellarion Game profile

Mar 26th 2013, 13:06:38

Yeah, definitely not just me or my PC. Osso just reported that http://www.earthempires.com was down, but qz.earthempires.com worked fine.

What's up?

tellarion Game profile

Mar 26th 2013, 16:59:35

And then, within 5 minutes of me posting this, the whole server crashed. COINCIDENCE?!

Dibs Ludicrous Game profile

Mar 26th 2013, 20:23:04

well, since it's goes down based on your posts, it can't be the government trying to aggravate me.
There are no messages in your Inbox.
Elvis has left the building.

qzjul Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Mar 28th 2013, 15:02:02

There may have been some DNS funnyness going on; i did nothing though =/

My ISP *was* doing maintenance in the area though, so there could have been some funnyness
Finally did the signature thing.