Verified:

enshula Game profile

EE Patron

Jun 27th 2010, 18:38:37

since general tag type stuff is a bit longer term

perhaps a simple intermediate step could be to make a notice that could appear on login

either in a special box, or on the splash page for bonus turns or in country news

if none of those are desirable would be handy for someone with a password to be able to send messages to all countries in a tag, just simple things you want all countries to know even like "were at war"

would be great if messages could be time limited too

so if someone played in 2 hours they would see a message about a current target but anyone who didnt play by then wouldnt get spammed by stuff which isnt relevant to them anymore

qzjul Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Jun 28th 2010, 16:33:09

i presume you mean in your own tag...
Finally did the signature thing.

ICe Man

Jun 28th 2010, 23:19:24

yes, in own tag would be nice -- especially in team
Thank God, for I'm a blessed man.

Slagpit Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Jun 28th 2010, 23:25:38

In team, simply ally everyone in your team, then use the "message all allies" link. Alliances are free in that server, so there's no reason not to.

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Jun 29th 2010, 2:49:59

That would work slagpit, however, I think this is still a good idea to implement. Some members are lazy and do not check their boards before running turns and a notice of some type like this could be beneficial upon log in. I would say that only the founder or a select few in the alliance have access to send this type of message.

Twink Game profile

Jun 29th 2010, 6:11:05

Anyone with the clan admin password ;)

Slagpit Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Jun 29th 2010, 8:09:12

Hopefully we should have this for you guys by tomorrow. It's actually a more difficult problem than it seems, so we need to tie up a few loose ends first.

Forgotten1

Jun 29th 2010, 8:13:54

you should also make a spam all countries button for the recruitment people..

i'm tired of manually spamming every single country.
Forgotten
ICQ 43083642
MSN

llaar Game profile

Jun 29th 2010, 16:17:05

you should have to manually spam every country in my opinion

otherwise there would be WAY too much spam sent around to everyone

way too much potential for abuse i think

Forgotten1

Jun 29th 2010, 17:10:58

Just make it for tag holders of more then 30 countries.
Forgotten
ICQ 43083642
MSN

llaar Game profile

Jun 29th 2010, 17:12:25

so only large clans can recruit? thats not fair either...

least theres no 75 message limit per login like 2025, be happy about that, i always found that annoying

Forgotten1

Jun 29th 2010, 17:16:20

30 is like, the median size now...
Forgotten
ICQ 43083642
MSN

llaar Game profile

Jun 29th 2010, 17:20:20

so imag/evo/rage/monsters/neo/eevil aren't cool enough to have a message feature?

what about if a clan gets into war, and drops from 30 to 29, now they're not cool enough either suddenly?

azmodii Game profile

Jun 29th 2010, 23:28:33

Originally posted by Slagpit:
In team, simply ally everyone in your team, then use the "message all allies" link. Alliances are free in that server, so there's no reason not to.

If that could extent to FFA, that would be suffice for what enshula wants.
- EoEA ~ End Of Earth Alliance -

"I will slaughter them like a wolf among lambs! The rivers will run red with the blood of my enemies, the skies will rain fire! And when the land parts beneath them... I shall be the in emptiness waiting!"

enshula Game profile

EE Patron

Jul 1st 2010, 16:59:06

sounds good, im actually not in tag control of any tag so wont be able to check it out unless i retag or something

in ffa it would be nice to have an option where a message could go to the first country of a player that checks messages only

and if new messages could be listed on the login screen

but i was thinking about this more for alliance, where id like to be able to say 'hey were killing so and so break is so and so' and set it to expire in an amount of time, so it wouldnt be too spammy

thats a bit of an ask though, so just a general 'we are at war read the site' or detailed instructions would be nice

of course we can just go through the list, just wondering if something could make it simpler

as to recruiting messages, i think if it was implemented id like to see an opt out option so that people who didnt want them didnt get them