Verified:

Rockman Game profile

Oct 14th 2011, 17:41:42

If one person has a country name they like using, and someone else steals that name for a set, and acts like a real jerk with that country name, they can keep their profile hidden, and be immune from retribution for their actions.

I think it is honorable when people use the same country name repeatedly in individual servers. I think it is highly dishonorable if someone else steals that country name.

There is much more good than harm that will come from making country ownership public.

Edited By: General Earl on Oct 14th 2011, 20:14:24. Reason: categorized
See Original Post

General Earl Game profile

Oct 14th 2011, 20:13:45

I agree completely. There is no reason why anyone needs to hide their information from others. It helps encourage negative behavior (like Rockman's example, but normal suiciding as well). Besides.. we're all supposed to be a friendly community here. We play to compete with each other, lets know who we're competing with.
General Earl
----
Every time I read AT: http://i.imgur.com/jeryjn8.gif
︻╦╤─✮ ┄ ┄ RatttaTaatataatat!

braden Game profile

Oct 15th 2011, 2:40:43

rockman in turn called me honourable. i appreciate it, no matter how unintended it may have been :P

I would agree with opening profiles i have very little to hide and am very interested in who other people play which countries

Drinks Game profile

Oct 15th 2011, 6:59:48

If have lots to hide, so dont do it!!!

Joking, mines already on public anyway, plus i tend to have the same country names.

But i agree with the above. Making it public would be good.
<Drinks> going to bed
<Drinks> pm me if I get hit
<-- Drinks is now known as DrinksInBed -->
<DrinksInBed> looks like I'm an alcoholic

Walding Game profile

Oct 15th 2011, 7:10:50

I agree with Rockman and would love to see profiles forced to be open for everyone to see.

diez Game profile

Oct 15th 2011, 9:53:26

On the other hand, opening profiles lets you suicide the person you dislike... especially in single player servers... Yes, there is GDI but who will want to cope with continous attempts of ruining your set... set after set?

Edited By: diez on Oct 15th 2011, 10:38:00
See Original Post

Drinks Game profile

Oct 15th 2011, 10:36:24

Diez: Rockman doesnt actually state that he wants the current sets to be shown in profile. He just says all profiles should be public, (profiles dont show your current country).

So you would be safe from that diez.

What he states just means if someone made a country called Diez and suicided everyone, when the set ends everyone could see who it actually was. While if they did that currently, your profile is private and the suicider would have it private so people wouldnt be able to tell it wasnt you.

Or you could look at someones profile and see they are a suicider and refuse them from joining your alliance. (yes they could just make a new game accounts, but someone else has already suggested limiting game accounts for that reason. Even then an alliance that wants to be extra safe could choose not to accept anyone with no history in their profile)
<Drinks> going to bed

PG Game profile

Oct 16th 2011, 10:22:26

I can see both pro and cons for having open profiles..

But to have the open profile, we also need to make other changes, so people dont need to suicide.

Ex. the game having bot countries. Countries no one own, that you can farm, who will hit back random and so on.
RIVAL
MSN/E-mail:
EE inside message

http://i.imgur.com/BFg5Y.jpg

spawn Game profile

Oct 16th 2011, 11:32:56

if you always use the same name, ppl will know who you are even if the current set is not shown Drinks ;)

i'm against open profiles. there is are so many privacy issues that it would be a bad idea. even FB gives you the option how much you want to share and they are retarded when it comes to privacy issues...
/slap iZarcon

All your deleted countries are belong to me!

Oct 16th 2011, 15:53:17

This isn't facebook. Also, if you don't like that your forum name would be tied to a game country, you don't HAVE to play.
General Earl
----

crest23 Game profile

Oct 16th 2011, 17:19:55

Originally posted by General Earl:
This isn't facebook. Also, if you don't like that your forum name would be tied to a game country, you don't HAVE to play.

Why don't you just tell us what country name you are using on all the servers?

"you don't have to play", yeah right.
The Nigerian Nightmare.

Oct 16th 2011, 17:56:43

Who says I even play this game anymore? :p
General Earl
----

crest23 Game profile

Oct 16th 2011, 20:27:21

Then keep your suggestions to yourself then. If you don't even play, no one wants to hear from you.
The Nigerian Nightmare.

qzjul Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Oct 16th 2011, 22:57:25

I tend to agree with rockman
Finally did the signature thing.

synoder Game profile

Oct 16th 2011, 23:12:30

then it would be harder for people to do shady things and shady things make the game more fun :) I personally have always had mine set to public but I am not a fan of forcing people to show their profiles.

Watertowers

Oct 17th 2011, 14:02:49

This happens to be something I agree with completely. It doesn't have to be retroactive, but everything in the future should be publicly available.

In another note, I was trying to compile a list of records for the Wiki, but was prevented from doing so by the massive number of "enabled privacy options". All that I am sure of is that llaar ran the country with the highest land and NW, though in an era with different rules. If it says that the country "Drinks" got the highest NW last set, it is still uncorfirmable since it doesn't necessarily mean that the player Drinks was the person who ran that account. (While it can actually be confirmed that llaar did have the highest land since only he has a land total exceeding 90 million)

Edited By: Watertowers on Oct 17th 2011, 14:05:35
See Original Post

crest23 Game profile

Oct 17th 2011, 14:33:01

The problem I think is that it is set by default to hide privacy option. I just started playing again last month and I find mine set to be private. I'm too lazy to find out how to change it.
The Nigerian Nightmare.

Walding Game profile

Oct 17th 2011, 21:47:07

This basically comes down to suiciders and knowing who they are. Currently they are protected but with open profiles I could carry cross server grudges and hunt the fluffers down :).

Warster Game profile

Game Moderator
Primary, Express, Tourney, & FFA

Oct 18th 2011, 9:26:57

i can confirm that Drinks DID run that country
FFA- TKO Leader
Alliance- Monsters

MSN
ICQ 28629332

diez Game profile

Oct 18th 2011, 10:05:30

I ran that country.

*claims*

crest23 Game profile

Oct 18th 2011, 13:39:22

If someone is netgaining on the Primary server and testing a warring strat on Express and messes with me on Express, I can go to their Primary game and fluff them up.

The first thing this will create is cross-server retals.

@qzjul, no need to talk about it, just go ahead and implement it already. I know of 2 "retals" I would be willing to make before the end of the week.

Edited By: crest23 on Oct 18th 2011, 13:41:39
See Original Post
The Nigerian Nightmare.

blid

EE Patron

Oct 18th 2011, 14:00:19

It doesn't need to show active rounds. I don't care at all anyway, just saying.
Originally posted by Mr. Titanium:
Watch your mouth boy, I have never been accused of cheating on any server nor deleted before you just did right there.

Watertowers

Oct 19th 2011, 13:14:46

Originally posted by Warster:

The records I am trying to compile would include everything that the leaderboards show. NW, Land, Most Deaths per set, etc.

Luckily, NW and land are confirmable for the past records, but the other stats are impossible to verify, even if you say it's true since a Wiki must be sourced to the primary data if such data exists (which it does).

I did see that qm diver holds the record for the most deaths in a set for players who have revealed their profiles, but with so many people unrevealed, that also cant be confirmed.

MissyV Game profile

Oct 19th 2011, 16:21:06

Yes, please.

Marshal Game profile

Oct 19th 2011, 21:05:46

I was a while ago 1st on deaths thx to deaths at team but now I'm only 10th.
Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Gallery: K at least I am to my expectations now.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....

bakku Game profile

Oct 20th 2011, 6:34:52

i strongly support this suggestion. obviously the country info should only be public after a round has ended and not during the round. however, tourney countries should probably remain private, unless you decide to start a new country name. the old country you played should then become public

Dibs Ludicrous Game profile

Oct 20th 2011, 9:26:30

bah, you'll just end up bullying suiciders more than you do now. quit trying to force people to play the game your way.
There are no messages in your Inbox.
Elvis has left the building.

Drinks Game profile

Oct 21st 2011, 6:34:38

Originally posted by Watertowers:

If it says that the country "Drinks" got the highest NW last set, it is still uncorfirmable since it doesn't necessarily mean that the player Drinks was the person who ran that account. (While it can actually be confirmed that llaar did have the highest land since only he has a land total exceeding 90 million)

Originally posted by Warster:

And yes i did run that Country.

And yes you can confirm it was me. Cause if you look at the top country list, you will see the little thing next to the country name
1 Drinks (#298) Game profile 932,149 $2,330,729,152 HG TKOwnd

Means you can click on it and it will link you through to my profile. So you can tell it was me watertowers.
(But lots do have their profiles on private so u cant tell who they are)
<Drinks> going to bed

Drinks Game profile

Oct 21st 2011, 6:44:23

Originally posted by crest23:
If someone is netgaining on the Primary server and testing a warring strat on Express and messes with me on Express, I can go to their Primary game and fluff them up.

The first thing this will create is cross-server retals.

No it wouldnt. As stated earlier, everyone that has posted wants profiles to be made public. NOT CURRENT COUNTRIES MADE PUBLIC. If you check someones profile like mine who is public u will see that the current set's country isnt listed there. So your safe from cross server retalling.

And @ spawn. Everyone would know who i am whether i make it public or not. But i dont plan on suiciding anyone so i dont care. As for the security options, its only showing previous sets countries. How is that a security issue since everyone can see it during the set anyway. Its not like they are displaying your date of birth or Name. Just your country and finishes.

<Drinks> going to bed

Dibs Ludicrous Game profile

Oct 21st 2011, 22:19:25

so, i won't have to put up with any crap on the forums if i ruin your finish if i felt like pummeling you into oblivion if you grabbed me twice during a reset?
There are no messages in your Inbox.
Elvis has left the building.

Drinks Game profile

Oct 21st 2011, 23:27:28

Exactly why it should be public. So your accountable for your actions. Dont want to recieve crap on the forums, then only pummel someone when its justified.
<Drinks> going to bed

enshula Game profile

EE Patron

Oct 22nd 2011, 17:32:27

instead of forcing open profiles why not an option forcing a disclaimer of some kind to be shown when someone uses a country name someone else has used if its not the same person

it could be set to only the next reset unless youve used the country name more than once perhaps

names which are the same as forum logins could be protected in the same way

thats a way to make both sides happy

BobbyATA Game profile

Oct 22nd 2011, 18:38:58

I agree with rockman! To be 100% honest I've had an open profile from the get go and it has kept me from suiciding on an alliance in 1A once a few sets back... (obviously I could have made my account non-open anymore but I was worried people might put 2 and 2 together...)