Verified:

TAN Game profile

Apr 30th 2010, 17:17:50

I think it would be interesting if somehow we were able to pillage Foreign Aid packages that are sent via trade pacts. Not sure how it would work. Maybe a spy op that lasts for 6 hours or something and pillages a bit of the Foreign Aid that is sent within those 6 hours.
FREEEEEDOM!!!

starstalker4

Jul 2nd 2010, 18:43:06

this is a great idea

it should be incorporated with llaar's great idea, lincoln's redirect missiles idea, and W's great idea of redirecting kill runs with spies

the way to handle this would be take down one spy op and replace it with a special ops selection which could drill down to seven or so ops which are these specialized disruptions of enemy operations

in order to use one of these specialized ops u would have to have a signifigant SPAL over your target for example keep the current ee formula for spies and use the more poerful fromula that we all hope is coming for the traditional ops

we need to let admins know that there are players who love spies and will support stronger spies

if you can win a game without ever fighting a battle; it is not a war game

W Game profile

Jul 4th 2010, 14:50:32

on the old boards there is a forum somewhere suggesting the ability to steal goods on their way to market. Raid Market Caravan or something.

this in my mind would accomplish the same thing (stealing someones booty) and be a little more practical (much more goods placed on market than are sent by FA packages).

difficulty figuring out what would make it tick, but my thought was to have it be a multiple tier operation effecting goods en-route to market. suppose it wouldn't effect military, but goods like bushels, oil and technology.

1.) Market Spy
2.) Raid Market Caravan

Market caravan would assume that a percentage of the sellers armed forces (troops, maybe some tanks) are phantom protecting them along the way and looks at the Raiders troops/tanks as well (somehow, whether it actually requires sending forces to attack or not). The attack has to break with spies, then also military so it is not a 'gimme' operation. It does make troops/tanks/spies more valuable to zero-defense netters who should quake in fear for their goods to market :) and also make selling in one big batch riskier.

<3 spies 4eva. lets make them more interesting :) and useful as a strategy in themselves. (i want to see a all-spy pirate/raider clan someday!)
[9:22pm] xHx: on a fluff ton of tech
[9:22pm] xHx was kicked from the chat room by Hellcat. (Badwords Detected!)
[9:22pm] Within[SnG]: what?? fluff this
[9:22pm] You were kicked from the chat room by Hellcat. (Badwords Detected!)

LaE recruiter

Jul 4th 2010, 16:38:01

great ideas

see the thread about giving dictators special operations capabilities

if dictator enhancements included this ability that would be the start of a spy/raider clan