Verified:

Status Uploader

Bot~
!!!

Jan 15th 2011, 22:17:22

This is an automatically generated thread. If you are an expert feel free to provide advice. Please follow all of the rules listed in the sticky thread. Respect the anonymity of this player's country: deducing and posting the country number of this country is a bannable offense.

Status Uploader

Bot~
!!!

Jan 15th 2011, 22:17:22

This is an automatically generated post. Please note that certain values have been rounded and some have been omitted to protect the identity of the country.

Basics
GovernmentR
Land900
Tax Rate50%
Net Income$28,600
Net Food117
Money$160,000
Food9,300
Oil3,000
Turns1
Turns Played186
Turns Stored0
Technology
Military99.97%
Medical100%
Business100.12%
Residential100%
Agricultural100.2%
Warfare0.2149%
Military Strategy100%
Weapons100.08%
Industrial100.09%
Spy100%
SDI1.14%
Structures
BPT33
Enterprise Zones30
Residences10
Industrial Complexes200
Military Bases80
Research Labs200
Farms50
Oil Rigs30
Unused160
Military
Spies1,700
Troops6,200
Jets9,100
Turrets3,900
Tanks1,300
Readiness100%
Nuclear Missiles0
Chemical Missiles1
Cruise Missiles1

dantzig Game profile

Jan 15th 2011, 23:03:07

I don't know of any successful rainbow start strat. This country really needs to specialize. Since the govt type is R, I'm guessing this country is wanting to be a casher. For R cash, I would do a cash start but others might do food or indy. In any case, the goal is to get bus and Res tech and build net and Res zones to make income. Instead of building labs, I recommend buying tech from the market (especially this late in the set). Another thing wrong with this country is the tax rate. Depending on food prices, 35-37% is best but I usually just set it at 36% and forget it.
FoG

Slagpit Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Jan 16th 2011, 0:49:30

What dantzig is trying to say is that specialization (picking one or two types of building and focusing on those) is key to running a good country. Specialization is better than constructing all types of buildings (known as a "rainbow strat") for three main reasons:

1) Building effectiveness - The production of some buildings is based on the percentage of land filled by them. For example, labs allow a country to produce more technology per turn. 500 labs on 1000 acres gives a country 101 tpt (tech per turn). 1000 labs on 1000 acres gives a country 263 tpt. Doubling the amount of labs resulted in a two and a half times increase in tpt. There are increasing returns to scale.

2) Government bonuses - Every government provides bonuses and penalties. The republic government provides +20% PCI, so that makes it a good choice for the casher strategy that dantzig referenced. In the casher strategy, a country buildings enterprise zones and residences to get a large tax revenue. The fascist government is a bad choice for the casher strategy because it decreases both PCI and population, but is a good choice for strategies that build farms or oil rigs.

3) Technology - Technology can be produced by techers or purchased off the public market. If a country constructs many types of buildings, it is difficult if not possible to increase all types of income tech. Whereas if a country only constructs farms, it can focus on buying agri tech and only agri tech.

Typically players pick a strategy before the round begins and try to achieve synergy between their buildings, government choice, and technology. http://wiki.earthempires.com/...x.php/Category:Strategies

It is possible to start with a generic startup and transition into a dedicated strategy if you aren't sure what to play. For now, I would recommend simply experimenting with things. The express server is very short and you started late, which means that you will have less turns to use than other players. The express server resets in around 24 hours and will begin new in around 72 hours.

dantzig Game profile

Jan 17th 2011, 19:39:44

Thanks to Slag for translating my post! I sometimes forget that Earth has its own lingo and it must seem very foreign to new players.
FoG