599: CI
600: CI
601: Farmer

Will a casher finally take round 602?

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Jun 7th 2021, 13:54:31

Techer is clearly OP. :P

Actually, last set techer could probably have won if Rob actually sold his tech and destocked. Only one serious techer played last set and prices were really high in his grabbing phase(Wed-Fri) and on the first two days of stocking (Friday and Saturday).

Strategy Poll:
https://xoyondo.com/ap/55iXpQUCrbaNuHU

Edited By: Gerdler on Jun 7th 2021, 14:06:54

Tmac Game profile

Jun 7th 2021, 14:11:02

When I checked to see if I was going to win, Rob was the one country I thought could beat me.

I might go farmer again. Casher and farmer are easier than indy and techer, lol.

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Jun 7th 2021, 14:57:19

Techer is a lottery ticket... A set with decent tech prices and a well timed destock you get 100-110m NW, and other sets it's impossible to break 60m.

I think indy is easy tho, it may be hard to get 96m NW but to just perform a decent NW I think its the easiest strat and also the one that is most consistent right now. Even last set if a veteran player played indy it would have been quite doable to pass 80m. I got 72m in a set with worse conditions for indy (slightly better mil prices but far higher tech prices and less abundant tech).

TwoPodRay Game profile

Jun 7th 2021, 17:40:01

Originally posted by Gerdler:
Techer is clearly OP. :P

Actually, last set techer could probably have won if Rob actually sold his tech and destocked. Only one serious techer played last set and prices were really high in his grabbing phase(Wed-Fri) and on the first two days of stocking (Friday and Saturday).

Strategy Poll:
https://xoyondo.com/ap/55iXpQUCrbaNuHU

Yeah I think I also had a shot at top 10 (though probably no shot at winning) with 2.4B in cash/bushels and tons of spare tech, but I was unable to really play in the last 5 hours of the set...painful...might try something besides tech this time.

Edited By: TwoPodRay on Jun 7th 2021, 18:09:03

NitelL Game profile

Jun 7th 2021, 18:55:21

Originally posted by TwoPodRay:
but I was unable to really play in the last 5 hours of the set...painful...might try something besides tech this time.

I'd recommend casher if you (like me) play less on the weekend. Just grab whatever you can on the weekdays, and the weekend you just cash all your turns and jump at the end.

Tmac Game profile

Jun 7th 2021, 18:59:57

You should stick to teching income techs. The others are typically only worth the $1000 minimum. Try to sell most of your tech before the last day too.

TwoPodRay Game profile

Jun 7th 2021, 19:11:42

Originally posted by Tmac:
You should stick to teching income techs. The others are typically only worth the $1000 minimum. Try to sell most of your tech before the last day too.

I did that about 99% of the time, other than the occasional farming of Agricultural tech early and some Industrial tech to help with spy production, all of the bonus tech I picked up at about the minimum from what others were selling. I just bought it up to resell at higher prices later.

As for selling the tech, I did try to sell a couple of times the day before, but always priced just a bit too high, as prices were coming down fast. I got a bit greedy with my pricing and ended up getting stuck with it.

Tmac Game profile

Jun 7th 2021, 19:19:55

Haha, that's why techer is my least favorite strat. Tech stuck on the market is the worst!

Rob Game profile

Jun 8th 2021, 7:13:26

I'm going to tech again this set to make up for the terrible play last set.

Was overly ambitious last set with tech prices when i was selling and ended up being unable to sell tech once i started stocking.

So stay away from teching guys!!

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Jun 8th 2021, 11:20:12

You not selling your tech explains the tech market last set fully. I don't know why you wouldnt have sold your techs. Did you just assume the bots would buy them out like they used to and buy them at 6k on friday? Remember that the bot code has changed. The tech prices were stable at 4k ish when you started stocking, and kept selling at around that for another 8-10 hours after. You need to get your techs sold at that point, because that is a price that can get you the win, but if you wait, no matter what the tech market won't rise.

Edited By: Gerdler on Jun 8th 2021, 12:14:38

TwoPodRay Game profile

Jun 8th 2021, 13:45:34

You not selling your tech explains the tech market last set fully. I don't know why you wouldnt have sold your techs. Did you just assume the bots would buy them out like they used to and buy them at 6k on friday? Remember that the bot code has changed. The tech prices were stable at 4k ish when you started stocking, and kept selling at around that for another 8-10 hours after. You need to get your techs sold at that point, because that is a price that can get you the win, but if you wait, no matter what the tech market won't rise.

I saw this firsthand, and no amount of trying to buy up the cheap stuff and resell as a Demo helped adjust those prices!

Rob Game profile

Jun 8th 2021, 14:00:22

At first, I actually just tried slightly above what the market was, and nothing sold (this was slightly above 4k) - this was a key point at which i did not reprice as i was asleep throughout so by the time i got up, it was down to around 3.5k.

Then i moved to market price, and again minimal tech got sold (around 3.5k till around 3k)
Then i even went below market by a couple of hundred and still barely any sold (this was around 2.5k)

I think i just kept missing the pricing early on, and then the volumes i had after was just too much for the market to handle.

NitelL Game profile

Jun 8th 2021, 14:09:51

I saw this firsthand, and no amount of trying to buy up the cheap stuff and resell as a Demo helped adjust those prices!

You'd need an early stock to play the tech market.. something like over 2b stock to hold up 1-2 techs.

...and a lot of commitment. lol Harder these days though not impossible.

TwoPodRay Game profile

Jun 8th 2021, 14:20:16

Originally posted by NitelL:

You'd need an early stock to play the tech market.. something like over 2b stock to hold up 1-2 techs.

...and a lot of commitment. lol Harder these days though not impossible.

I had about 1.5B, but ended up getting most of it stuck in tech. I was not used to the market timing!

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Jun 8th 2021, 15:07:50

Originally posted by Rob:

At first, I actually just tried slightly above what the market was, and nothing sold (this was slightly above 4k) - this was a key point at which i did not reprice as i was asleep throughout so by the time i got up, it was down to around 3.5k.

Then i moved to market price, and again minimal tech got sold (around 3.5k till around 3k)
Then i even went below market by a couple of hundred and still barely any sold (this was around 2.5k)

I think i just kept missing the pricing early on, and then the volumes i had after was just too much for the market to handle.

The bots stocked cash rather than buying your tech. The market was balancing on the edge of that price that the bots wanted yo buy. If you dropped the price 500 from what the market price was it would have sold instantly no matter the volumes. I saw bots sitting on up to 500m already on Friday.
Naturally undercutting by 500 isn't something you should do, but if you sold just a little bit at an undercut of like $10 and monitored if it sold or not, then maybe you would have had an idea of what was needed to make it sell.
On the other hand if right after teching 300 turns you have to go asleep for 8-10 hours you might be well served by actually undercutting by 500 straight away as not selling tech is clearly a worse option for a techer. :)

cordycsw Game profile

Jun 10th 2021, 9:33:54

hi anyone need allies?

i have 1 def and 1 intel open

cordycsw Game profile

Jun 11th 2021, 2:07:23

allies?

NitelL Game profile

Jun 11th 2021, 2:43:04

Full on unfortunately. Maybe you should start sending out random requests and hope others won't grab you with the free spy op. xD

Penguinbeng Game profile

Jun 11th 2021, 4:22:04

Originally posted by NitelL:
Full on unfortunately. Maybe you should start sending out random requests and hope others won't grab you with the free spy op. xD

Imma send over some chems in a bit, my fellow SE Asian hahaha

MILORD Game profile

Jun 13th 2021, 20:12:06

Edited By: MILORD on Jun 13th 2021, 20:14:19
See Original Post
born in the USSR

MILORD Game profile

Jun 13th 2021, 20:13:28

I play a fascist oilman. And although I make my own oil, I'd love to buy yours for 80. LoL.*
born in the USSR