3 OneDoesNotSimplyNotSellTech (#71) 22,825 $56,706,412 DG
4 basilica sagrada familia (#11) 44,075 $50,970,810 HG
5 Stalingrad (#96) 25,078 $44,675,758 RG
6 Albuquerque New Mexico (#89) 16,875 $33,604,765 DG
7 Dont Forget to Dump Your Stockpi (#15) 21,117 $31,905,425 DG
8 John Doe (#49) 25,453 $31,713,001 HG
9 DoNotBeStupid (#20) 25,161 $30,428,233 HG
10 MOO MOO DA (#2) 42,402 $29,503,656 HG

I thought I would likely win, but I had assumed Nitell would get 80+, but he let one of the girls at the club destock for him.

I need to get better at predicting ending NW with indy. I had calculated about 6-7m less. Hmm.

When Tmac and I got provoked to war he was the only one that took the bait, after which I guess he would have had to play with high spal, tanks and troops all set in order to stay safe, which is, I assume, why he quit. So in a weird way these scrubs who seemed to play only for wrecking people, one of which wrecked me, actually made my NW higher in the end, because I couldnt have beaten my own networth record if Tmac and I competed for indy tech, grabs and for selling military all through Saturday and Sunday. So thank you scrubs.

Congratulations all in the top 10! Grats Nitell for clubbing while jumping and still getting 71m! Grats Rob for jumping! :)

Edited By: Gerdler on Jun 14th 2021, 14:04:47

Tmac Game profile

Jun 14th 2021, 14:30:47

Haha, yeah they actually did help you. I was planning to keep going, but I ended up missing some grabbing time, login to over 600 turns, get my jets stuck, close to overflow I just gave up.

Nice 96m again gerdler, congrats to the top 10.

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Jun 14th 2021, 14:54:32

Before I got hit I was well ahread of my previous 96m but the hits set me back to at least 120 turns behind that set. In the end I had cheap oil, decent military sales(last day is always good), cheap tech of high volumes and good grabs compared to set 600 which was enough to claim back those 120 turns.

TwoPodRay Game profile

Jun 14th 2021, 15:51:44

I definitely messed up the timing on my stocking, spent too much time attacking and not enough time teching when prices were high. Need to find the right balance.

Gerdler, I will say I spied you at 5h to go and saw your stockpile of turns with the land and knew you were going to win! You had so much tech and even had positive cash flow in the millions, probably due to all that pop. Impressive! I actually was contemplating a PS to see how many acres I could snag, and had the units to do it, but didn't realize GDI locks you out of attacks in the last 6 hours if you haven't been attacked before!

On that note though, would attacking bots make the environment more balanced? As it is, we are all hunting for the lowest DR on bots and trying to go for massive land without much worry of getting it stolen. Attacking bots would change that a bit.

NitelL Game profile

Jun 14th 2021, 17:12:54

Congrats Gerd! Man that's a sick finish after getting farmed. 100m really possible!

Missed 80m nw - I actually destocked fine this time (yay) but was behind on grabbing pace. Should've bought cheaper tech on Sat/Sun than where my SOs were at. That was prob where 10m nw went.

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Jun 14th 2021, 17:41:38

Originally posted by TwoPodRay:
I definitely messed up the timing on my stocking, spent too much time attacking and not enough time teching when prices were high. Need to find the right balance.

Gerdler, I will say I spied you at 5h to go and saw your stockpile of turns with the land and knew you were going to win! You had so much tech and even had positive cash flow in the millions, probably due to all that pop. Impressive! I actually was contemplating a PS to see how many acres I could snag, and had the units to do it, but didn't realize GDI locks you out of attacks in the last 6 hours if you haven't been attacked before!

On that note though, would attacking bots make the environment more balanced? As it is, we are all hunting for the lowest DR on bots and trying to go for massive land without much worry of getting it stolen. Attacking bots would change that a bit.

I'm a little sad that you wanted to attack me for land that late since it wouldnt benefit you at all that late. So in order to still your curiousity I can tell you that you would have gained about 2100acres from me plus 900 ghost acres, so 3000 acres. Next time you have such a question I rather answer it than you attacking someone(or me) for land that you wont use. :)

I sold off my defence when almost no one could hit me. I had decent defence before that.

Tmac Game profile

Jun 14th 2021, 18:02:34

Fyi, you are limited to 10% gain from your own acreage. If you are 20k acres, you will get same returns on a 300k acre guy as you would on a 20k acre guy assuming their nws are equal.

TwoPodRay Game profile

Jun 14th 2021, 18:07:19

Originally posted by Gerdler:

I'm a little sad that you wanted to attack me for land that late since it wouldnt benefit you at all that late. So in order to still your curiousity I can tell you that you would have gained about 2100acres from me plus 900 ghost acres, so 3000 acres. Next time you have such a question I rather answer it than you attacking someone(or me) for land that you wont use. :)

I sold off my defence when almost no one could hit me. I had decent defence before that.

I definitely held off because I knew you would be the one with a shot to win and I wouldn't be gaining much other than satisfying my curiosity and figured I could bring it up later and have that answered (which is exactly what happened, thank you both for the answers!). So no worries there, wasn't planning on ruining a set for curiosity. What is the land record in Express, anyways?

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Jun 14th 2021, 18:49:09

What is the land record in Express, anyways?

https://www.earthempires.com/express/589/ranks

That is very easy to get nowadays and no one has ever failed to get a land record. :)

Its just that no one tries.

TwoPodRay Game profile

Jun 14th 2021, 18:59:28

Yeah, with bots, it seems rather easy and not a particularly unreachable record.

Have we managed to post at least one winner using all of the possible strategies?

NitelL Game profile

Jun 14th 2021, 19:01:12

A casher has not won yet. Couple of second places to CIs.

cordycsw Game profile

Jun 15th 2021, 6:00:33

congrats to gerdler! this guy is uncatchable!

i think we need him to be warring for the others to have a chance for #1 hahaha

well played to the rest too!