Verified:

Ratski Game profile

Jul 20th 2021, 4:50:23

Why the six hours of dead time on Sundays ? We can't hit anyone unless we are at war for a double tapped. The only moves I can do in the last six hours, is cash or tech. After 10 AM PST Oil sales are useless in the last six hours. unless someone is buying oil for a war, other than that its $60, a barrel, a mere drop in the bucket. I took 24016 acres a new record for me. The lack of oil did slow me down a lot. I ran out of time to do more hits, because not enough time to make the hit and build it after words.

SuperFly Game profile

Jul 20th 2021, 5:29:25

Cordy, The decrease in humans is due to netters who have removed all human interaction as they only want to “play” or shall I say farm bots. they throw tantrums when another human hits them and they do what they can to try and push that player out for not playing their way.

SuperFly Game profile

Jul 20th 2021, 5:30:26

Ratski u can leave GDI and hit whoever u want in the final 6 hours.

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Jul 20th 2021, 7:06:57

Originally posted by Ratski:
Why the six hours of dead time on Sundays ? We can't hit anyone unless we are at war for a double tapped. The only moves I can do in the last six hours, is cash or tech. After 10 AM PST Oil sales are useless in the last six hours. unless someone is buying oil for a war, other than that its $60, a barrel, a mere drop in the bucket. I took 24016 acres a new record for me. The lack of oil did slow me down a lot. I ran out of time to do more hits, because not enough time to make the hit and build it after words.

Unless you're going for land record or ruining someone's set, it is pointless to hit anything in the final stretch.
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6VRMGTwU4I
-=TSO~DKnights~ICD~XI~LaF=-

S.F. Giants 2010, 2012, 2014 World Series Champions, fluff YEAH!

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Jul 20th 2021, 7:09:54

Originally posted by cordycsw:
Originally posted by SuperFly:
Dude you are so full crap. Every one that I LGed either hit me back, or Hit someone else or just finished their mediocre country out.

The only person who went inactive was the guy who hit me first lol.

You think it’s better to interact with bots than with players.

If it were up to me I’d remove bots from the game. Clearly I am not the only one that feels this way after reading the the “I miss the old days” post in 1A board.

But it’s you netters that have killed the game since the beginning with your land : land retals or kill an untagged for retaling with a missile after he gets farmed into the ground

You have players that LG other players and you ostracize them and label them as griefers because they do not want to hit the same crappy bot for 60a SS’s 20 times every 24 hours.

Soon Gerdler it might just be you, 5 buds, 100 bots in probably myself in express….

lol r u even thinking???

once u remove the bots, u might as well delete this entire game.

how are u going to play this game with only 20 humans countries?

bots were introduced to ensure continuity of this game due to the decrease in human player base.

I could make an argument that more people will play, just look at Primary....and that's a slow ass server!
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Jul 20th 2021, 8:54:09

People play primary BECAUSE its slow. We come to this game to relax. I can win primary with 10 min of playing most days of the set, a little more for a few critical days. Express requires a lot more than that, which most people dont have or dont want to spend.

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Jul 20th 2021, 8:59:48

There was more people playing this server before the bots infected it, I'm one of many who quit.
(•_•)

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Jul 20th 2021, 12:45:30

There have been bots for like 7.5 years.... the game was in decline even before it. What happened around the same time as bots were introduced is development ceased.

The issue isn't netters or bots its balance, and in the longer term just dynamic change. There is none in this game since 2014. We have had injections of half-hearted development a few times but only patching the worst bugs and imbalances mostly, oftentimes bringing with them new ones.

cordycsw Game profile

Jul 20th 2021, 13:37:08

i m not against humans hitting other human players.

but when u guys multi tap (like 6/7 times) another human player, that is just not the way to play.

i mean this is just my opinion.

some of these stuff are the real reasons why people leave this game.

the game moderators/admin should have the function to ban all these players who do idiotic stuff for maybe the next set.

introduce some penalties for people who are out to ruin the fun out the game for others.

LightBringer Game profile

Jul 20th 2021, 14:03:48

I agree with cordy, I just started this server, and I got 19 ss from one guy last set, 11 of them in a row, he would have gotten twice as better returns if he hit bots, so when people hit you in a way that is not even advantageous to them, they are clearly just being asshats.
Hello

NitelL Game profile

Jul 20th 2021, 17:08:31

I'm perfectly ok with human attacking humans but its gotta be efficient and for a nw finish.

Positive example: When SuperFly spy-stole 2b from me on what was (in hindsight) my highest finish (potential nw record), I was perfectly fine. I could've had more spies, and fair play - he used a unique strategy to finish 3rd. I told him that too, no problem.

Negative example: LightBringer's example. One is likely not getting good gains on grab 11. This is just goading people into a war on a server where no one really wants to war. (I'm not sure where the fun is in warring a non-war country.)

There was also Ruritania from couple sets back, who seemed to employ the 'come out of the gates guns ablazing and if I can grab everyone on server and keep them small I might win'. Good try, but someone will definitely KR the bloke.

TwoPodRay Game profile

Jul 20th 2021, 17:23:18

Originally posted by Ratski:
because not enough time to make the hit and build it after words.

While you will want to certainly consider the time/turn investment needed to both make late hits and build the acres afterwards, the bigger consideration is "is it worth the cash". Cash translates to potential finishing networth.

You have to consider the cost of buying/producing/losing units and the per-turn expenses for holding them, the oil you need to buy/produce, the turns spent spying/attacking (vs being used for cashing or something else), then the price-per-acre to build the acres back (can sometimes be omitted if you are farming) plus the turns spent building, and finally the tech percentages that you have will go down with more land, etc.

Once you get the total cost of all of that, compare it with how much money you could have made if you instead spent all of those turns and cash on buying units for networth. Lots of the veteran players here can eyeball that and determine when they have done enough attacking to meet their finish goals. For me, I still throw it all into an excel sheet I made to determine when to stop attacking and to start destocking/netting.

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Jul 20th 2021, 17:50:02

Originally posted by cordycsw:
i m not against humans hitting other human players.

but when u guys multi tap (like 6/7 times) another human player, that is just not the way to play.

i mean this is just my opinion.

some of these stuff are the real reasons why people leave this game.

the game moderators/admin should have the function to ban all these players who do idiotic stuff for maybe the next set.

introduce some penalties for people who are out to ruin the fun out the game for others.

I agree and there was something being worked on to deal with bad behavior, I think Slag left again, I haven't seen him post in a while :-/
(•_•)

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Jul 20th 2021, 19:07:24

There already is the military sanctions tool. But I think superfly doesnt qualify for sanctions(yet).

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Jul 20th 2021, 19:19:26

Who's in charge of that?
(•_•)

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Jul 20th 2021, 19:25:13

Admin and I think also mod bosses.

SuperFly Game profile

Jul 21st 2021, 1:15:44

Who decides what is fun and what is acceptable?

What if I enjoy being competitive by LGing bots and humans and by using bomb bank spy ops on bots and humans to steal cash?

While some of you prefer to have fun by farming bots into oblivion.

If LGing humans is a warrantable offense to be sanctioned than game developers should change the code to eliminate the ability to LG humans period.

Some people like Gerdler consider being LGed once as THE END of their round as retaling and buying jets will destroy their coveted NW.

As I have said for years if you don’t want to have land grabs REMOVE the attack button. Make this game an all explorers affair….

SuperFly Game profile

Jul 21st 2021, 1:19:22

As I have posted many times it is right on the front page of the game:

Welcome to Earth Empires!
Earth Empires is a free browser based strategy game where you take control of your nation's military and economy. Command your country's military to ATTACK and defend against your ENEMIES. Execute ATTACK strategies to RELIEVE opponents of their resources and LAND. Strategically invest in technology to OUTPACE the economies of other countries. Ally with your friends or make new friendships by joining a clan. Conduct military operations, GOVERN your country and build your empire

SuperFly Game profile

Jul 21st 2021, 1:20:46

Holly crap! The entire premise of the game is to attack, defend and steal land and resources from your enemies!!!!!

* mind blown *

Maybe you all should play the game the way that it was intended to be played……

Until the game description reads “do not attack other players, attack bots only, do not work against other players” I am not in violation of anything that warrants sanctions

Edited By: SuperFly on Jul 21st 2021, 1:23:55
See Original Post

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Jul 21st 2021, 1:47:59

I like farming rainbows, look out Ratski!
(•_•)

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Jul 21st 2021, 1:48:01

And rest of Stones!
(•_•)

SuperFly Game profile

Jul 21st 2021, 2:38:10

Originally posted by KoHeartsGPA:
I like farming rainbows, look out Ratski!

I like farming any country with no defense. I guess those qualify as noobs right?

galleri Game profile

Game Moderator
Primary, Express, Tourney, & FFA

Jul 21st 2021, 2:47:50

We will start publishing this book here soon :P

https://gyazo.com/...b3bb28dddf908cdbcfd162513

Kahuna: Ya you just wrote the fkn equation, not helping me at all. Lol n I hated algebra.

SuperFly Game profile

Jul 21st 2021, 2:56:16

Originally posted by galleri:
We will start publishing this book here soon :P

Make sure you send a hard copy to the people that whine about LGs lol

galleri Game profile

Game Moderator
Primary, Express, Tourney, & FFA

Jul 21st 2021, 3:10:26

nou

https://gyazo.com/...b3bb28dddf908cdbcfd162513

Kahuna: Ya you just wrote the fkn equation, not helping me at all. Lol n I hated algebra.