Verified:

Akula Game profile

EE Patron

Nov 6th 2010, 13:32:22

Originally posted by snawdog:
Sorry Foog Man..don't get upset...but you kinna wrong,Canadians run here to have a medical procedure that will save their life that Oh Canada wants to wait 4 years to give them...

now, i could mention the tens (hundreds?) of millions of americans that couldn't possibly afford ridiculously small remedial treatment for life-threatening conditions without taking out a faustian pact

you lose your job ... you lose access to everything that goes with first world living standards ... good for those that have, tough luck on those that are destined to die because of it ...
=============================
"Astra inclinant, sed non obligant"

SOL http://sol.ghqnet.com/
=============================

Dibs Ludicrous Game profile

Nov 7th 2010, 6:23:02

if they save lives, why do we have to pay them before we get treated? are they worried we might drop dead and skip out on the bill?
There are no messages in your Inbox.
Elvis has left the building.

Junky Game profile

Nov 11th 2010, 22:43:30

I don't care.. long as I got a place to sleep, I'll continue todo whatever.
I Maybe Crazy... But atleast I'm crazy.

TheORKINMan Game profile

Nov 12th 2010, 2:26:53

This actually sounds somewhat preposterous. You know how much it costs to get an annual physical to head off problems from a local family doctor? Not that much. The idea that every person should have unlimited medical care for free sounds kind of ridiculous to me and seems like an invention of the last 50 years in the history of humankind and that's stretching it.

People, just like the government need to learn to live within their means while they have a good job so that it isn't a catastrophic event when and if they lose it. And IF they lose it they need to be willing to collect cans on the side of the road to feed their kids and not cry about it. The world changes, just because your father made a living going into a coal mine or a car factory every day dosnt mean those jobs should be available forever for anyone who wants them.

I come from a household in the inner city growing up where I slept on a cot in the corner of the living room at night. The house was frequently broken into and my parents ONE car had a bullet hole in the back of it. I myself worked for 5.75 bagging groceries and 6.00 working for Target. I did what I was supposed to do in school got a scholarship for college and worked to pay for the rest. Now I work for a telco and have worked my way up through several promotions there and make decent money. My dad worked for $150 a week when I was small and worked his way out as well and now makes over $150k a year. He got a Masters degree when he was 30 paying and taking his classes 1 at a time. Neither of us have struggled to hold a job even during the recession.

It's a matter of understanding that this isn't 1950 anymore if you'd like a job. Some of the DUMBEST idiots I know went and got their diploma mill bachelors degrees from the University of Phoenix and make 45k+ a year as department managers at Target. If you need a degree you take the minimum wage job and go to community college or a diploma mill and get one or go to a real university and take one class at a time. You can still work your way up in the world in this country but it's WORK, not entitlement.
Smarter than your average bear.

Nov 17th 2010, 18:59:33

does the annual physical cost more or less than the deductible on the health insurance?

i was told that a first time visit to a doctor would cost me $150 just to see them, not do any blood work or x-rays, a follow-up would be $75. i'm going to pay somebody $150 just to look at me? are people actually capable of determining my health just by doing that?

can an insurance company actually determine if i'm at risk of dying because i smoke and drink, or are they just going to yank some number out of their wahzoo's because of statistics based on most people?

all the important people in history died from something or another, why you going to spend a crapload of money just trying to keep the dinks alive?

Junky Game profile

Nov 18th 2010, 2:59:27

• Ninety-two percent of Americans say the economy's in bad shape. A mere 24 percent believe it's improving.

how does that = 100%....

I didn't get a poll..

that and the only thing more troubling then this topic is... these people actually get to vote on if they should give themselves a raise... I want that ability..
I Maybe Crazy... But atleast I'm crazy.

TheORKINMan Game profile

Nov 18th 2010, 4:20:12

Dibs Ludicrous: In my area you can have an annual physical done for $250 from a decent family doctor. There are also free clinics offered to the uninsured a few times a year.

I know I sound like a crazy Tea Partier here but I actually am in favor of universal health care. But only universal catastrophic health care. If you develop bone cancer or catch some crazy deadly virus or have some rare birth defect I do not mind our tax dollars covering that kind of stuff because that's just something that is impossible for an individual to cope with on their own. However day to day medical expenses are not so exorbant that you can't cover them through hard work. You can even get stuff like braces and whatnot on affordable payment plans if you don't screw around and F up your credit.

Nov 26th 2010, 17:20:50

$250 * 8 hours * 5 days * 52 weeks = $520,000 a year.

ya, i supposse that is affordable.

Nov 26th 2010, 19:05:21

http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/fastats/docvisit.htm

Physician office visits
•Number of visits: 902 million
•Number of visits per 100 persons: 306.6
•Percent of visits made to primary care physicians: 49%
•Most frequent principal reason for visit: general medical examination
•Most commonly diagnosed condition: essential hypertension

902 million * $250 = holy farking general healthcare with nothing treated expenses Batman!!!!

no wonder y'all need to implement taxes to pay for wealthcare. it'll save people dropping dead when they get the bill.

Edited By: Dibs Ludicrous on Nov 26th 2010, 19:15:08
See Original Post

TheORKINMan Game profile

Nov 28th 2010, 5:51:12

Yeah that $250 is pure profit. That family doctor must have his nurses and medical assistants as slaves. Oh and his insurance against lawsuits for practicing medicine is also through the roof. Nevermind the cost of the building he's in. They live comfortably to be sure but to act like doctor's are just pocketting 520k a year doing physicals is absurd. $250 for an annual physical is a reasonable price that anyone should be able to get a job and afford. Many many places provide free clinics and if you shop around I'm sure you can get a good doctor that'll do it for less.

There is NO REASON people can't go to work and pay for an annual physical unless they are mentally handicapped or disabled. NONE. Hell when I worked as a grocery bagger starting out at 5.75 you could purchase health insurance for $50 a month. The employees who do not get insurance as part of their employment package where I work now can get it for $40. Seriously the access to healthcare is there. If you don't have healthcare and are an able bodied human being it's more then likely(but not always) your own fault and your own life choices that cause that.

Nov 29th 2010, 10:08:12

i pay out a bit more than $250 a year on tobacco taxes, why should i also have to pay the doctor if that money is going to the medical industry?

if the doctors aren't getting the money, then where is it going?
some health insurance company overseas?

Edited By: Dibs Ludicrous on Nov 29th 2010, 12:27:57
See Original Post