Verified:

mrford Game profile

Oct 17th 2010, 17:57:01

Dude, I thought he was dead. He wasn't moving at all. Somehow he hot up and was helped off the field after about 8 min.

I've seen hits less than that where ppl were seriously fluffed.

On a lighter note, my opponent in fantasy has Jackson, and he was murdering me, with 2tds in the first quarter. Won't have to worry about him for the rest of the game.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

ponderer Game profile

Oct 17th 2010, 18:25:44

well, time to find out if the wind is a factor at the new meadowlands (or at least to find out if it is from the game cast after it happens).
m0m0rific

ponderer Game profile

Oct 17th 2010, 18:26:20

and it isn't.
m0m0rific

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Oct 19th 2010, 4:26:40

they need to start giving suspensions for those kind of hits

it's horrible. i saw 2 in the NE game (given out by Merriweather) and I don't think that's good at all :|

But if they do start giving suspensions for those kind of hits, fighters will complain that it's helping netgainers....
wait, wrong topic -- but that's the same basic debate :p

-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff
pangaea [at] earthempires [dot] com

Boxcar - Earth Empires Clan & Alliance Hosting
http://www.boxcarhosting.com

Dragonlance Game profile

Oct 19th 2010, 5:11:27

death is merely a part of football!!

wait sorry, that's just us with rugby:p

NOW3P Game profile

Oct 19th 2010, 5:38:23

Originally posted by Pang:
they need to start giving suspensions for those kind of hits

it's horrible. i saw 2 in the NE game (given out by Merriweather) and I don't think that's good at all :|

But if they do start giving suspensions for those kind of hits, fighters will complain that it's helping netgainers....
wait, wrong topic -- but that's the same basic debate :p

Funny you should mention that:

http://www.nfl.com/...mp;utm_source=twitterfeed

I agree %100. There is no reason for it. It's an extremely dangerous type of show boating.

Lord Slayer Game profile

Oct 19th 2010, 16:01:08

They are now going to give out suspensions I heard for those hits. I hope though they they are cautious with how they do it. Some of the hits are just horrid, but not all are purpousful, and if tacklers get too cautious on how to hit because of being afraid of being suspended, that could get bad.

Any hit leading with the crown of the helmet though is just plain stupid. Anyone who's played the game knows that you never drop your head down to make a hit/tackle.

NOW3P Game profile

Oct 19th 2010, 17:28:33

It will only be for intentional helmet:helmet contact - see the link above.

qzjul Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Oct 19th 2010, 18:55:51

Maybe they should just let them wear armour and carry a gladius.... That would be pretty cool...
Finally did the signature thing.

ponderer Game profile

Oct 20th 2010, 2:36:04

Originally posted by qzjul:
Maybe they should just let them wear armour and carry a gladius.... That would be pretty cool...

only if they let the lions have real lions ...
m0m0rific

NOW3P Game profile

Oct 20th 2010, 3:42:00

And the Vikings have real Vikings?

That could be fun...

Dragonlance Game profile

Oct 20th 2010, 12:18:51

go the way of rugby down here, and send people to the sin bin for 10 mins, or send them off for illegal contact to the head.

it definetly means no-one in rugby makes high shots, ever, cause you will prob cost your team the game.

+ they hand out lengthy suspensions like 4-5 weeks for those sorts of hits.

mrford Game profile

Oct 20th 2010, 16:47:17

Well, these people are getting concusions, broken jaws, and raerly paralized, AND they are wearing the most advanced equipment ever fielded

I think it's a case to the rapidly advancing athletisism outpacing the safety technology
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

NOW3P Game profile

Oct 20th 2010, 21:33:03

nah - I coulda snapped someone's neck/back with a hit like that 50 yrs ago too... and back then they didn't have nearly the safety tools in place that they do now.

Difference now is that doing so gets those players big time spot light attention, which in turns increases their likelihood of landing a big contract.

Like I said, it's show boating on its most dangerous level.

mrford Game profile

Oct 20th 2010, 21:57:37

I heard something on sportscenter last night.

They don't tackle, as in wrap them up and take them down, anymore apparently because of the smaller depth charts.

They do something called a bounce, where they just throw their body at them lightly and it counts as a tackle.

This is quite a bit like what the d-backs are doing in games now just at full speed IMO.

I miss fundamental tackles, wrap em up and take em down
Swagger of a Chupacabra

Dragonlance Game profile

Oct 20th 2010, 22:10:56

then like i said, create the proper punishments.

You want the spotlight? here have the spotlight, on the sidelines, for the rest of the season, banned from playing.

mrford Game profile

Oct 21st 2010, 14:18:36

Well, I dont think 75,000 fine is a prper penalty.

They make a fluff tone of Monet yo start with. The NFL alreadt profits from these hits. They are highly publisized and what now. He'll, they even "accidentally" has some pictures of the hits from laze weekend up for sale on NFL.com for upwards of $200 per!

And they turn around and fine the offenders. WTF

A 15 yard ingame penalty already exists. Add ingame ejections and suspensions for repeat offenders. That s the soluion IMO
Swagger of a Chupacabra

Angel1 Game profile

Oct 21st 2010, 14:36:54

IMO, the penalty should be a minimum of 15 yards (for incidental contact) and the maximum should be ejection and half the distance to the goal (for intentional hits).

Suspensions after the game will be a good thing.

Maybe even disallow the replacement of a player ejected from the game for helmet to helmet hits.

Seriously the NFL can kill helmet to helmet hits relatively easily.
-Angel1

NOW3P Game profile

Oct 21st 2010, 21:03:43

I suspect you'll see the policies get a little more clearly defined over the off season. Even the NFL admits this was hastily put into place after last week's games. I'd guess it's a bit tough to implement a policy like this over night.

mrford Game profile

Oct 21st 2010, 22:26:57

No way this was a overnight thing. This was a big deal last season as well. There had to be some talk aboutit last offseason. They just made the wrong decision on weather to implement anything this season apparently
Swagger of a Chupacabra

NOW3P Game profile

Oct 21st 2010, 23:43:16

It was talked about - the NFL even planned on implementing a structure for it at the end of this season. Because of those big hits, and a few others, they felt obligated to rush the structure they were putting together into place.

It was partially ready, but just look at it from the standpoint of what EE is now compared to when Pang and QZ rushed the code into production. It was sufficient then, but was improved on over time.

Dragonlance Game profile

Oct 22nd 2010, 0:31:41

does nfl have a review policy?

like in rugby after the game, a tribunal reviews awful hits and hands out suspensions post-game.

NOW3P Game profile

Oct 23rd 2010, 0:21:08

It will be something like that - I think there's a commission involved in the process.