Verified:

paladin Game profile

Dec 20th 2010, 10:21:24

I never would have expected this Editorial from the Fort Dodge Messenger in the million years, but i am glad that they published it.

http://www.messengernews.net/...is-nonsense.html?nav=5087

-Paladin
Why the hell am I here?

Dibs Ludicrous Game profile

Dec 20th 2010, 14:51:37

LOL, can't find a judge to support you, buy a new one.
There are no messages in your Inbox.
Elvis has left the building.

NOW3P Game profile

Dec 20th 2010, 19:01:35

It's a shame people are so easily confused between political issues and legal issues.

But hey, maybe on a plus note, you can get one of those financiers to rally behind getting the newly appointed judges to declare Laurens a real town finally!

paladin Game profile

Dec 20th 2010, 19:57:05

Originally posted by Dibs Ludicrous:

Iowa's nonpolitical judicial appointment system exists specifically to prevent that.
-Paladin
Why the hell am I here?

Dibs Ludicrous Game profile

Dec 20th 2010, 21:56:15

Originally posted by paladin:
Originally posted by Dibs Ludicrous:

Iowa's nonpolitical judicial appointment system exists specifically to prevent that.

they appoint a nonpolitical judge because they know that they can can them in a year or less if the judge adheres to his/her's nonpolitical interpretation of the constitution of the United States?
There are no messages in your Inbox.
Elvis has left the building.

paladin Game profile

Dec 21st 2010, 12:14:09

Actually prior to this years election cycle the retention of judges has never been an issue (if I remember correctly no Iowa judge as lost a retention vote before now). Though that is mainly because until Vander Plaats no one had tried to run a campaign to get rid of judges simply because they disagreed with a single ruling by the Iowa Supreme Court. That people that devised the current system of judicial selection probably never contemplated this happening. After all they designed the current system to take politics out of the judiciary. However with that being said I am surprised by the Messenger's Sunday editorial because it is one of the more conservative papers in the state. I also happen to agree completely with the editorial.
-Paladin
Why the hell am I here?