Verified:

mrford Game profile

Dec 8th 2010, 0:13:51

I had this debate with a few people in the bar a little while back, and it got pretty heated.

What do you all think?

My stance is, is he a good enough player to be in the HoF? Yes, he's the best mobile QB in the modern age of the NFL

do I think they will ever vote him into the HoF? No I don't. Not after he spent YEARS in jail. I don't think that is right, but that's the way I believe it will go down
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

Spear Game profile

Dec 8th 2010, 1:48:17

Career stats:
87 TD
54 INT
41 Fumbles
79.9 Passer rating
46.5 rushing yards per game

Vick needs a few more years like the one he's having this year before we starting talking about the Hall of Fame. If he does, I don't think the dog fighting will keep him out like steroids will keep out McGuire, Sosa, Bonds, etc. from the baseball HoF.

Klown Game profile

Dec 8th 2010, 21:20:49

No, not even remotely close. He's played 5 full seasons in the NFL... he has a long way to go.

NOW3P Game profile

Dec 9th 2010, 0:53:46

I agree - his numbers are pretty decent, but he needs to prove some longevity in skills before he is ever even remotely close to being considered for the HoF. Maybe in another 3-5 years he'll be a contender, but right now he's still an up and comer in my opinion.

Honestly though, I hope his scandal IS considered in his HoF nomination, if it comes. I'm not some shrew hugging PETA freak or anything, but what he did constitutes extremely unprofessional conduct, and should be considered. Just like a scientist who violated international convention for testing on human subjects would lose points in a Nobel Prize nomination, so should athletes.

BobbyATA Game profile

Dec 9th 2010, 3:01:55

u realize how rare the HoF is in the NFL right? Its not like baseball where 6 mediocre seasons makes you a shoe-in (hyperbole obviously but still...)

Vick is not even close to a HoF quaterback, like everyone else has said.