Verified:

Cathankins Game profile

Dec 18th 2023, 19:10:46

I’ll go with a double dipped breaded spicy chicken sandwich with pickles and mayo, a smoked sausage jumbalaya/gumbo, or some home made corn tortillas and guacamole and sour cream on some beef/steak fajitas.

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Dec 18th 2023, 19:49:49

Originally posted by Cathankins:
I’ll go with a double dipped breaded spicy chicken sandwich with pickles and mayo, a smoked sausage jumbalaya/gumbo, or some home made corn tortillas and guacamole and sour cream on some beef/steak fajitas.

Stop it!!!! Delicious!!

I love cooking, I can spend hours writing up recipes lol, this time of year I love making Argentinian style caldo de pollo (chicken stew) I use bone in thighs with skin, it's important to have a good broth to have the chicken fat and skin, cook that on a large pot with salt, half onion, tomatoes and couple cloves of garlic, after that's cooked I remove the chicken and start dumping chopped up carrots, potatoes (russets), sweet potato, chayotes, bring to a boil then go with softer stuff, chopped up butternut squash, corn on the cob, red chard, bell peppers, green beans...then you let all of that simmer for about 30 minutes, add the chicken to the pot and let it sit for about 30 more minutes, then serve and enjoy!

Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6VRMGTwU4I
-=TSO~DKnights~ICD~XI~LaF=-

S.F. Giants 2010, 2012, 2014 World Series Champions, fluff YEAH!

Cathankins Game profile

Dec 19th 2023, 11:29:17

So you cook the chicken in a pan with the broth? Do you brown it? I am going to try this. Sounds great, never tried a chicken stew like that.

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Dec 19th 2023, 16:30:01

So you cook the chicken in a pan with the broth? Do you brown it? I am going to try this. Sounds great, never tried a chicken stew like that.

No no, gets cooked in the pot then removed so it stays tender while all the veggies are being cooked then when everything is cooked the chicken goes back in.
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)

Cathankins Game profile

Dec 25th 2023, 17:55:32

Originally posted by KoHeartsGPA:

No no, gets cooked in the pot then removed so it stays tender while all the veggies are being cooked then when everything is cooked the chicken goes back in.

I am currently sitting here with a big pot of chicken soup on the stove. Merry Christmas and thanks for the recipe. I changed one thing and I browned the chicken on high for 3-4 minutes in an iron skillet. Just long enough to get that fried taste but was careful to not dry it out like you said. I also only have potatoes and onion, garlic, cabbage carrots but so far it smells amazing. I do intend to try it with the ingredients you listed as well though. I was kind of excited to try this one and couldn’t wait.

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Dec 26th 2023, 6:58:37

Originally posted by KoHeartsGPA:

I am currently sitting here with a big pot of chicken soup on the stove. Merry Christmas and thanks for the recipe. I changed one thing and I browned the chicken on high for 3-4 minutes in an iron skillet. Just long enough to get that fried taste but was careful to not dry it out like you said. I also only have potatoes and onion, garlic, cabbage carrots but so far it smells amazing. I do intend to try it with the ingredients you listed as well though. I was kind of excited to try this one and couldn’t wait.

Yummy, enjoy!
(•_•)

Cathankins Game profile

Dec 26th 2023, 20:21:53

It was delicious, very amazing