Verified:

DerrickICN Game profile

EE Patron

Jun 4th 2023, 5:41:07

I don't think it's the job of a performer make parental decisions for anyone. I worked at a club that had an all ages drag brunch and I'd be lying to you if I said I didn't see people bring children. It wasn't a very risqué show, but even so I thought of it as a bizarre thing to take a child to.

I've also seen kids at Nascar races on the infield and I'm almost certain that's probably causing long term hearing issues. Kinda not my place to parent on their behalf in that situation either.

I've had people sit outside at my bar and get drunk and smoke cigarettes with a baby in a stroller next to them. As a smoker myself, when I see a stroller coming at me when I've got one lit, I cross the street. And I obviously walk far away to light one up around my neice and nephew.

I'm pretty vulgar with my rhetoric between songs when I'm performing, and I've had tons of kids at my shows. And I have reoccurring fans that continuously bring their children. Again, not my place to say, but I wouldn't.

Holding stupid parents against specifically drag shows is a bizarre thing. I feel like I see bad parenting daily and drag shows are the least of the things fluffing some of these kids up.

You're once again pointing something out that you hate in general (bad parenting), and holding it against a community that doesn't deserve it. That's literally the definition of an implicit bias.

If you ever need an example to show people of how implicit biases work, considering you literally teach that to police, Doug, I think this thread should serve as a fine example haha. These folks hold dumb parents taking their kids to drag shows against the drag shows and not the dumb parents lol.

Furthermore, the art people let their children experience helps form their perspective. I don't necessarily think it hurts a child to see paintings of nude humans, listen to vulgar music, play violent video games, watch gory movies, see men in women's clothes dancing, etc. I think seeing art tends to help creativity and the education and home life of the child is about 30 times as important as whether or not he saw a drag show.

Edited By: DerrickICN on Jun 4th 2023, 6:01:17
Back To Thread
See Original Post
See Subsequent Edit