Verified:

DerrickICN Game profile

EE Patron

Jul 11th 2023, 21:25:51

I remain unconvinced that the mechanic is even working properly. No one will be along to confirm shortly....

Regardless of what the community needs, what made E2025 special as a BBS and later as a browser game was being the first ever game with a dynamic public market. It sold itself as a war game, but what seperated it from other bulletin board games was how the market functioned as a natural balancing force for strategies, and set to set predictions could be wildly off due to market forces. The market drove players to the top of the scores, and set the tone for wars.

Then bots were introduced. While on team server or Primary where bots do not exist, a C/I can still win. But here....it's unlikely one even scratches the top 20. In fact, it's often unlikely that less than 8 of the top 10 will be FFOs. While the intention of the bots was in part to balance the market (as well as provide infinite free land), it should have never been. But now, the market is all but standard. Super predictable. And in that, only certain strats that require 300k acres of farming to win are viable. RIP MBR, RIP C/I, RIP TTR as a net strat. But it doesn't matter there is no strategy parity and that C/I is nonviable. There will always be cheap military on the market thanks to bots.

Then bots were introduced to tell you which bot to hit for prime efficiency. Another step of having to think removed.

And then, last but not least, politics have been removed. And that's where we are today.

Idk guys. I'm never going to think that who can be committed enough to make a bazillion bot hits, reduce their bcost to 0 and oil destock most efficiently is a fun game. Literally team server has more intrigue than that. Netting under these conditions might hold my interest for one super committed FFO set where I place high. But I would maybe do that one time ever and call myself good. It wouldn't hold my attention long term like team's market and strategy parity has.

It's just extremely boring and predictable now. I'm not even playing the server atm, but I would be willing to bet my house that I could guess the price of every single market good within 1% or so. And I could guess the whole top ten just based on land and government. It's just sorta lame.

Being able to with some certainty to predict the winner of the set a month before the end of a set because we are 100% sure what the market will do and 100% sure no one will get hit is silly. How you netters stay motivated for that is honestly beyond me. I love netting other servers but this one is just unbelievably predictable now. What's the point of playing the game for the next month when we already know who's gonna win?

Edited By: DerrickICN on Jul 11th 2023, 21:34:40
Back To Thread
See Original Post
See Subsequent Edit