Verified:

DerrickICN Game profile

EE Patron

Oct 6th 2023, 3:37:18

Yeah there is the side of us where like....the last 3 Presidents said they would leave Afghanistan. And while many people would like to be upset about the way we hung the Kurds out to dry, that dude just packed our fluff and left with Sunni's hanging from the aircraft lol.

In a way, I think at least for very moderate libs like myself, we look at something like that and go "yeesh. Whelp. He did say he was gonna do that. It's cool he delivered where Trump and Obama said they would and didn't.

Throw in the infrastructure bill, the American rescue plan cutting child poverty in half, the Inflation reduction act, price capping penicillin, reforming the USPS, etc. It's enough small wins for us to be like..."I don't wanna talk about it, it's fine."

I think we're satisfied enough with what Joe offers in terms of political savvy in passing legislation to sorta intentionally overlook his negatives and avoid the conversations altogether. Like, no I don't like the dude but I do like an entire fistful of legislation that's gotten signed. I think the avoidance is a bit more stoic than complete disappointment, but it is for sure a mix of the two.

Edited By: DerrickICN on Oct 6th 2023, 3:40:33
Back To Thread
See Original Post
See Subsequent Edit