Verified:

DerrickICN Game profile

EE Patron

Nov 21st 2023, 23:33:55

Mmmm. I'd be curious to know if the general public knows PM market generation with oil was meant to support a low market pre-bots, not create a new destock meta. Bots absolutely replaced the need for oil generation, and it's thought of as a bad mechanic the community likes. Upon pang checking his game every five years, when he saw all these oil destocks winning was highly disappointed and wanted to remove the mechanic. Winning servers was supposed to be difficult and those of us winning with hybrid types are more what he imagined.

The actual oil destock removes a lot of the skill it took to win netting, and has hurt the game and made it basically market play/bot farming to determine the winner rather than actual skill. It's pretty unanimously recognized as trash that makes people like me able to win without much math.

People know I support changes I like, and have no problem disagreeing with ones that are bad. I think continuously increasing the total of bots also hurts because bots instead of players control markets, which also makes the game easier to win. Things that used to require talent have been replaced with turns spent bot farming and whoever farms the most bots wins. I don't like any of the stuff you mentioned, syko. *shrugs*

As much as Sui and I have no love for each other, I want you to know he's winning this argument because what you mention as good changes are not thought of as good by most of the community or developers.

Edited By: DerrickICN on Nov 21st 2023, 23:38:58
Back To Thread
See Original Post
See Subsequent Edit