Verified:

Xinhuan Game profile

Dec 12th 2012, 11:34:30

Originally posted by Bambam24:
Xinhuan the great I appreciate your advice. I will keep it farmer. After reading the wiki pages on governemnts it appears republic would be the best way to go to farm. If i wanted to build FARM TECH do i need to build labs before I build farms? that dosn't make sense what percentage % of my land would you reccomend i devote to labs?

NOTE: I'm assuming a 60 day reset here (i.e not Express), you'll have to shorten durations accordingly if it is on Express.

----
You don't build labs! There are generally 2 ways for this

Method A) Farm start -> Farmer

You start building farms from the start right away, and use whatever remainder cash you have at the end of each day to buy more Agri tech from the public market. (Don't overspend on buying units and grabbing/building too much land). You want to grow your Agri tech% by maybe 3% or more everyday.

Method B) Tech start -> Farmer

This is a bit more complicated. Generally, you would build an initial 200-300 (indy+farm) which would generate enough cash for you to explore and build another 1.6k labs (so you reach 1920 acres in total) at 40 BPT.

Then you spend ~100 turns teching mainly agri, and some bus/res/weapons. Then you tear down all your labs, and rebuild them all into farms. At this point, you're 90% farms, 5% indies (for making spies) and 5% CS, and you're a farmer with a good initial tech base.

Then everyday just buy enough tech to maintain the tech%, because the additional production gained from having the tech generates the money to buy more tech to maintain the same tech %.

Although this method means you'll be behind other countries in land size by 1-2 days, you will eventually catch up due to having superior food production (and you won't really have to buy any tech in the first 2 days after the tech start).

----

Another note is that your "tech per turn (TPT)" has a "% of your land thst is labs" multiplied in it. So the higher % labs you have built out of all your land, the more TPT you get. Anyone playing a techer should be ideally 90% labs, and later on 99% labs when indies (spy production) is no longer needed.

Edited By: Xinhuan on Dec 12th 2012, 11:48:23
Back To Thread
See Original Post
See Subsequent Edit