Verified:

daspheebsie Game profile

Jan 13th 2014, 0:58:34

Originally posted by Serpentor:
Owners can be as good as they want. When that type of dog gets out, there is a much higher chance it will viciously attack if scared or provoked.

Plus how many responsible owners buy their kids a cute little Pitt bull? Usually its the skid fluffRat or gangster wannabe that want to look more bad ass because he has a bad ass dog. Should the general pop suffer random attacks because losers are allowed to buy potential vicious dogs that they don't know how to train?

That's like saying everyone should be allowed to buy a Rocket launcher. If you can buy a hunting riffle you should be able to get a rocket launcher. Rocket launchers aren't violent, its the owners responsibility to make sure it doesn't go off.

I think that is part of the reason for having the discussion in the first place. Every Canine, has the ability to be a horrible dog. Its because they are ASSOCIATED with the likes of Dog Fighting, Gangsters and Micheal Vick that they get a horrible horrible rap. Straight out, yes I have met a few pits that scared the crap out of me. But when their owner was there with me to introduce me to the dog, on his turf, he became the gentlest friggin' puppy ever.

You can't just say oh well this dog is horrible and no responsible parent would ever get this dog for their child. They make amazing service animals because of their patience that they do have, as well as their strength. I know I've met several pitties that have alerted me to my daughters seizures.

So just to say - no bad dog, or no we are always going to associate them with these people is horrid. Maybe if more people stood up for them, they would have a different light shed on them instead of this mean critter. Also sometime, go check out a show called Pit Bulls and Parolees. They prove, that pits are horrible, they also prove, that a lot of the time, when rescued these dogs are thankful for getting out of this situation that a vast majority of the population is normal for them.

/rant

Current SoLer
Retired LaF
One time at band camp Evo