Verified:

Xinhuan Game profile

Jul 7th 2014, 18:08:03

The thing is, in other for you to resell 2-3m barrels of oil everyday, you needed an initial capital to begin with. Capital that wouldn't exist without oil being extremely high in the first place. It's one of those "if you're ahead, get further ahead" type things.

That's why I maintain picking the right strat for each reset is luck. Tech being really poor last reset was bad luck, no amount of skill was going to let oldman win last reset as a techer. Likewise, oil being really good was good luck.

I only finished 3rd place last reset because on Day 8 of the reset, I decided tech was going to be really poor, and switched from a full labs 3k techer into a 3k farmer. By the time I completed my switch at 50 BPT, other countries were already 5k land and 2 days ahead of me, but the good food prices later helped me recover. If I had decided to go farmer right from the start of the reset, I might have finished 2nd instead of 3rd, but this is the kind of thing that is really luck dependent.

By the time I was 20k land, I had concluded that if I built rigs to take advantage of the oil prices, and go partially oiler (like LATC), it would just bring the oil prices down, and because I had to convert the rigs back into farms later for stocking, it just wasn't worth the building cost. From a "personal perspective" of maximizing Networth, it wasn't worth building rigs, it was slightly above worth it to keep any grabbed rigs too, since I had 220% Agri for the most part of the reset.

All the good players know this, unless you were already a partial oiler to begin with, and have low Agri, it just wasn't worth building rigs even with $400 oil, that would just drop to $300 after you built them. It's one of those "Let LATC run away with it" resets, and I just told myself my goal was to beat crest23 (and failed).

Edited By: Xinhuan on Jul 7th 2014, 18:10:55
Back To Thread
See Original Post
See Subsequent Edit