Verified:

Furious999 Game profile

Dec 16th 2014, 0:14:37

I don't think that either the names or the timing would be enough to find them (or at least it would be wearisome) if the numbering and identical gov.ts were randomised.

As it is, it was easy on seeing one that looked like a bot to look at the numbers on either side - see the pattern and then just expand the search until you hit an obviously human run country. Only took a minute or two. But without the sequential numbering or being able to gather together all the monarchies and just look at them it would be a different matter.

If you ARE going to randomise turn timing then it is the playing turns in similar and regularly spaced sets which looks bot like. So you see patterns of four turns, break, eight turns, break, four turns, break and so on. A human player plays more turns, less regularly spaced and with events breaking up the flow.

Names would be tough. If you could throw in some vulgar stuff, some references to players names and some which picked up on clan themes that would do it but I doubt that is feasible. What made the last set noticeable is that they were all made up of words, mostly two words or occasionally three and all polite sounding. I knew when I had reached the last bot at each end of the set just from the name. Checking the gov.t and pattern of moves just confirmed what the naming style made clear.

(edit) Changed my mind about names. If you looked down the EEstats list and just focused on the untagged countries, names alone would identify the bots as long as the naming convention was sufficiently recognisable. So names do need to be randomised. Somehow?

Edited By: Furious999 on Dec 16th 2014, 2:19:06
Back To Thread
See Original Post