Verified:

DerrickICN Game profile

EE Patron

Dec 19th 2020, 18:53:10

Kind of funny to think about a one year war that started I think over 3 topfeeds. That changeset sure made a difference. I think we were attempting to goad LaF into a war and probably still would have, but it's crazy how much damage you used to be able to do in 3 hits a couple changesets ago. Kudos to the dev team for an obvious improvement.

As I remember, theres like 2 wins a piece and 2 mutual destruction sets in that year. I think LaF would have fought better but still to losses in the 2 sets we blindsided them netting. And elders/sof certainly would have benefited greatly from knowing the 3 OOP AB FS's were coming in advance, but at the time, we were outclassed strategically by that method, still would have lost 2 and gotten crushed in MD100 declaring on the entire server.

Idk. The breakdown into the war would have looked a lot different, but the two sets we were able to surprise blindside them netting and the 2 they surprise OOP AB'd us in a bubble, I feel like they would have actually been improved. 24 hours isnt a long time to completely convert from netting, SDI would get stupid, military prices would fly, and there still would have been many soft targets.

In my head, I feel like the wars still would have happened more or less the way that they did, with the definitive results being a hair more competitive. And I honestly hope that's true. I really do.