Verified:

DerrickICN Game profile

EE Patron

Dec 19th 2020, 18:53:10

Kind of funny to think about a one year war that started I think over 3 topfeeds. That changeset sure made a difference. I think we were attempting to goad LaF into a war and probably still would have, but it's crazy how much damage you used to be able to do in 3 hits a couple changesets ago. I even remember a single suicider doing like 700b in reps damage or something lol. Kudos to the dev team for an obvious improvement.

As I remember, theres like 2 wins a piece and 2 mutual destruction sets in that year. I think LaF would have fought better but still to losses in the 2 sets we blindsided them netting. And elders/sof certainly would have benefited greatly from knowing the 3 OOP AB FS's were coming in advance, but at the time, we were outclassed strategically by that method, still would have lost 2 and gotten crushed in MD100 declaring on the entire server. We did pretty much know it was coming one set and still got our asses handed to us.

Idk. The breakdown into the war would have looked a lot different, but the two sets we were able to surprise blindside them netting and the 2 they surprise OOP AB'd us in a bubble, I feel like they would have actually been improved. 24 hours isnt a long time to completely convert from netting, SDI would get stupid, military prices would fly (mmmmm market stimulation), and there still would have been many soft targets. If we were smart, we'd capitalize on those markets and go into the war rich af.

In my head, I feel like the wars still would have happened more or less the way that they did, with the definitive results being a hair more competitive and having an additional period of market interplay and trash talk. And I honestly hope that's true. I really do.

Edited By: DerrickICN on Dec 19th 2020, 19:27:18
Back To Thread
See Original Post
See Subsequent Edit