Verified:

DerrickICN Game profile

EE Patron

Mar 24th 2021, 18:57:36

Yeah I think like something like a driver's license. And I'm a proud gun owner myself. I have 11 guns you know haha. More than I even need. I like owning guns. I'm American ffs. I'm not saying take those away even remotely haha.

I think something like a driver's license would be fine. Something I can lose if I'm like drunk with a gun in public 3 times you know haha. Most people can just have one but you have a quick background check and if you abuse it you can lose it. Also if you're too mentally ill or blind to drive, probably I'm ok with you not having a gun either. Somewhere in that ballpark and idk exactly how you execute it but itd be nice if it wasnt too invasive. Maybe just a box you check with your ID that gives you a G under endorsements for GUN OWNER. Some easy little thing like that.

What's interesting to me is like, yes America has the most mental illness per capita...that's just a fact. You can blame a lot of things; the education gap, bad healthcare, even growing up poor with rich people staring down at you, that demeaning ass income equality gap. There's a lot of contributing factors to our mental health crisis in this nation. We all know I'm far from the craziest american person playing here, but I'm also totally open to talk about my mental illness. It's a problem here in america. And it's an obvious one.

But I think having the conversation about mental illness doesnt explain why greater denver metro and co Springs have a mass shooting before they can even forget about the last one. It seems like......plenty of states have those gun laws and dont have a mass shooting every 2 years. Plenty of states have a fluffload of crazy people. In fact, I think philly might even be much worse in terms of mental illness due to institutionalism and we don't have mass shootings like that.

There just has to be more to the debate than that. I don't have the answer but I just feel like there is one. There has to be something different as a contributing factor.

Edited By: DerrickICN on Mar 24th 2021, 19:04:40
Back To Thread
See Original Post
See Subsequent Edit