Verified:

guochel Game profile

Nov 27th 2021, 16:04:21

Originally posted by NitelL:
Originally posted by Ratski:
There is no blue print how to play to this frustrating game. The last set I tried to stay with the cashier and bought the tech and the military, I can't buy spies so I make a lot of them. I look at the bots banks money take it for fast cash, before hitting them to have the money to build after I hit them no need to sell oil or bushes, and besides I was losing 8 to 9 thousand bushels a turn, so I bought a million or so bushels, and kept a close eye on that account, I hate cash, and bushel shortages are costly. And oil I tried to stock it, but moving 3 to 4 million units, a hit, eats it fast even hitting bots.

Here's a blueprint, try it for one set.

This was written for tourney 10+ years ago (which has roughly the same number of turns as Express today), and posted on Strategy Room. Looking at finishes from last couple of resets, this will get you top 10 with just all-x, and this isn't even the best way to play all-x techer, nor all-x on this server today.

-------------------------------
Sell 100 troops and 100 Bushels.
Change tax rate to 35%.
Set production to 100% Turrets.
Government remains at Monarchy.

Build 20 CS (10 bpt)
Build 100 Farms
Explore whenever possible
Sell food on private market whenever possible
Build 20 CS (15 bpt)
Sell all food

Change Government to Theocracy (21 bpt)

Build 500 ICs
Explore when necessary.
Sell food whenever possible.

Note: If you can't build all 500, build CS 1 at a time and sell food every turn until you can build 1 full bpt of ICs. Stop at 500 ICs.

Build 140 CS (70bpt)
Explore and build ICs to 2k acres

Store turns
Batch explore to 3k acres
Build land as ICs

Store turns
Batch Explore to 6k acres
Build barren land as Labs
Convert the 3k ICs to labs 1 turn of building at a time

=Stockpiling=
At this point, its day 9 and you should now be a fully converted 6k acre techer. From now to day 24, tech all your turns. You can sell once or twice a day. If possible, remember to get the 3 turn bonus twice if you double sell. If not, just get the 6 turn bonus and sell once a day.

What to tech:
Bus/Res - Sells well, and gives you positive income
Agri/Indy - Sells for even higher, but has no effect on your country
Military - Sells the highest towards the end of the set.

On day 24, you should have teched a total of ~1,260,000 tech points. Sell as many tech points as you can but leave 60k military tech untouched. The 1.2m tech points would translate to ~4.2b cash. Since you can only hold 2b on hand at any one time, the rest of that stockpile has to be stored in bushels. So buy food while its price is still low.

=Conversion=
You should now start converting to full MBR. Destroy all your labs at one go, and rebuild them as Military Bases. This conversion will cost you ~$130m and take ~85 turns. You would thus be left with ~4b to destock with. Since you started conversion on the 24th, you should be done by the 25th.

=Destocking=
With 60k Mil tech, a 6k acres MBR would destock at $180/nw. On a 30 day set, you have 5 days of market replenishment left (from 26th-30th). Buyout your private market entirely, and logout with an empty private market. Login the next day and buyout the whole private market again. Remember to always logout with an empty private market to allow for maximum market replenishment. Just repeat this daily until the 30th. You should be able to spend 2.65b on your private market, which would translate to 14.7m nw. Since you started with ~4b, you still need to spend the remaining 1.35b on the public market. I suggest you spend this on day 26 while public market prices are still low.

As half of your stock is in bushels, remember to sell them so you login with 2b again the day after you blow your first 2b.

=Your finishing nw=
Start with 1-2m nw
Blowing 2.65b off private @$180/nw = 14.7m nw
Blowing 1.35b off public @$265/nw ($150 turrets) = 5.1m
Total finishing nw = ~21-22m nw

This strat was detailed without reselling. If you manage to make additional profits from reselling military on the last few days, you might end up with an additional 1-2m nw, giving you ~23m nw or possibly more.

i don't understand why you would convert to mbr with 2 billion dollars in food stockpiled. when you convert your land into military bases, doesn't that lower the selling price of food in the private market? i thought about doing this in tourney this round, but i decided not to convert to mbr because of this reason

for instance, you convert all your acres to mbr. now, instead of selling bushels on private market at 35 dollars, it's now 29 or 27 dollars even with maximum military tech.

and if you try to convert all your bushels into money prior to converting to mbr, you get a lot of corruption during those 80-200 turns you're using to convert to mbr. because you have 4 billion cash

so why would you convert to mbr if you have 2 billion dollars worth of cash in food stockpiled? (assuming you already have 2 billion dollars of cash in the bank that's not food)