Verified:

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 5th 2022, 17:43:48

Originally posted by Rocky79:
Food has gone crazy again

Good thing I already have enough for the rest of the round

Volume suggests foods was either pulled out or time expired.
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6VRMGTwU4I
-=TSO~DKnights~ICD~XI~LaF=-

S.F. Giants 2010, 2012, 2014 World Series Champions, fluff YEAH!

Joey0001 Game profile

Jan 5th 2022, 18:19:44

I realize this is a broad question... How much value is there in maxing out Military technology in the late stage of the game? Or should you not waste the money and just buy units? Thanks.

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 5th 2022, 18:46:45

Originally posted by Joey0001:
I realize this is a broad question... How much value is there in maxing out Military technology in the late stage of the game? Or should you not waste the money and just buy units? Thanks.

End game is late for that, you want to maximize your production as you grow and towards stocking phase, right night you should be jumping...
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)

Joey0001 Game profile

Jan 5th 2022, 19:12:31

Originally posted by KoHeartsGPA:

End game is late for that, you want to maximize your production as you grow and towards stocking phase, right night you should be jumping...

Does the tech have value for a country running a casher strat though?

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 5th 2022, 19:15:36

Military, Residential and Business are your most important, weapons and Military Strategy next.
(•_•)

Joey0001 Game profile

Jan 5th 2022, 19:38:58

Military, Residential and Business are your most important, weapons and Military Strategy next.

Thanks. I brought it last week as the prices were nuts. But I felt like I waited a bit too long. Thanks so much.

TwoPodRay Game profile

Jan 5th 2022, 21:28:15

Does the tech have value for a country running a casher strat though?

There would be a bit of math involved, but big considerations would be (especially at the end of the set with low prices) that one point of tech is equal in NW to one tank, with the major added benefits of no food consumption or expenses, while also providing benefit to your country. Others like Gerdler or Tmac may know the price points or math for when late tech buys are still worth it given the price

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Jan 5th 2022, 23:01:12

uhh that math is annoying to explain. too many variables. But essentially the value of tech decreases towards the NW value of tech the later the set goes... for instance after your last turn when you choose between spending money on tech or military to gain NW the value of the tech is exactly the value of 1 tank, no matter what type of tech point it is.

When NW is a hinderance or doesnt matter, such as early game, this intrinsic NW value is Zero, and you are only buying tech for the benefit it presently gives you.

If you are looking at bus/res tech for a casher you can essentially boil down the math to

T * dI + (C + A) = tech value

Where
T= Turns left in the reset
dI= increase in income per turn from buying 1 tech point
C= NW value of a tech point ( = normally something like 2 NW * ~$250 NW/acre = ~$500)
A= cost of alternative investment

the income per turn part requires knowing the tech formula and to actually calculate the increase in income from that 1 tech point, which varies widely with tech levels and such. So it will be a larger expression than most people here deal with normally, but its not a very difficult calculation. An easier approach which normally gives comparable results would be to buy a few thousand tech points and see the tech increase and calculate the income increase per point from there.

The cost of alternative investment would be the cost of whatever else you would do with this money for the rest of the set.
There are a few alternatives here:
1. would you sit on 2b+ cash eating corruption.
2. would you buy a military unit, eating the expenses and food consumption increase, for all those turns.
3. would you buy bushels and perhaps sell them at a loss later, to avoid corruption.

This factor is hard to quantify and depends on how you plan to play and such. Tho its not very large at this stage of the set.

Tmac Game profile

Jan 6th 2022, 1:38:30

My general rule is to get as much tech as possible asap without paying much attention to price. Start with your income techs and get military as needed. Your techs should be high all set, and where you want it well before the last 10 days.

Joey0001 Game profile

Jan 6th 2022, 3:43:23

I appreciate all the feedback. I'm always looking for ways to improve.

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 6th 2022, 4:04:39

What country are you? It helps us help you sometimes if we can recall our spy ops 😉
(•_•)

Rocky79 Game profile

Jan 6th 2022, 4:27:16

I guess if a tech point is worth 2 net worth it makes sense to sell the techs you don't need anymore and buy more troops

wish I thought of that a week ago when tech prices were better

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 6th 2022, 5:00:01

I believe it is 1NW each.
(•_•)

TwoPodRay Game profile

Jan 6th 2022, 6:03:04

I believe it is 1NW each.

1 tech point = 1 tank = 2 NW

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 6th 2022, 7:06:38

Thanks 👍
(•_•)

Joey0001 Game profile

Jan 6th 2022, 17:38:55

What country are you? It helps us help you sometimes if we can recall our spy ops 😉

Aren't you a clever one. LOL Don't you already hit me this round.

Joey0001 Game profile

Jan 6th 2022, 17:40:44

I guess if a tech point is worth 2 net worth it makes sense to sell the techs you don't need anymore and buy more troops

wish I thought of that a week ago when tech prices were better

I thought about doing that last week. I waited too long.... Next round I will do that. Always trying to improve!

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 6th 2022, 19:20:40

No Idea and you're only helping yourself by telling us, but whatever 🤷‍♂️
(•_•)

TwoPodRay Game profile

Jan 6th 2022, 19:34:30

We'll all see who everyone is in a bit over 2 days anyways!

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Jan 6th 2022, 20:34:25

Originally posted by TwoPodRay:
We'll all see who everyone is in a bit over 2 days anyways!

Yes, but that isn't enough for you to octuple-tap him!

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 6th 2022, 20:49:36

Exactly, what's the point of having 200m jets!!!
(•_•)

Joey0001 Game profile

Jan 6th 2022, 20:57:32

I was just messing about.

Rocky79 Game profile

Jan 7th 2022, 15:39:42

Food is up to $299, which is even worse than the prices in California

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 7th 2022, 15:57:49

I don't know, two weeks ago I paid $17 for a T bone steak & eggs with a lemonade, two days ago same Dennys, same meal was $23..... no inflation says the administration....
(•_•)

Joey0001 Game profile

Jan 7th 2022, 18:15:03

These food prices are making my people angry.

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 7th 2022, 18:18:08

These food prices are making my people hangry.

Fixed
(•_•)

g0nz0 Game profile

Jan 7th 2022, 18:19:45

These food prices are making my people angry.

It's stock or someone is fishing for last minute deals. Farmers might be finishing on private market. Or you should place a couple standing orders for $50 or less.

momo Game profile

Jan 7th 2022, 18:58:00

I don't know, two weeks ago I paid $17 for a T bone steak & eggs with a lemonade, two days ago same Dennys, same meal was $23..... no inflation says the administration....

Bidenomics at work.

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 7th 2022, 19:57:55

Originally posted by momo:

Bidenomics at work.

Pretty sure it's the anti vaxxers fault....
(•_•)

Rocky79 Game profile

Jan 7th 2022, 21:37:47

So far Gerdler's prediction looks best

I think 1 and 2 are really good bets but we could have a swap at 3 and 4 and we could have another country in 5th possibly

1. Dangling dingleberries
2. Dalgangal
3. Mickey Goldmill
4. hAPPY nEW yEAR
5. Better Run Through The Jungle

Rocky79 Game profile

Jan 7th 2022, 21:45:59

Originally posted by momo:

Bidenomics at work.

Pretty sure it's the anti vaxxers fault....

That's funny!

Edited By: Rocky79 on Jan 8th 2022, 21:46:58

TidyTerry Game profile

Jan 8th 2022, 0:07:48

With those food prices I am hoping my jets turn into pumpkins after midnight so I can eat them.

DeLpHiNuS Game profile

Jan 8th 2022, 23:49:58

No food to run turns:( tmac where's ur food!

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Jan 9th 2022, 0:02:44

Tmac sold his food at 35 to grief us. :P

Rocky79 griefed my prediction, which would have been spot on if he had beaten me.
KoH tried to get 6th as well, to mess with my ranking, possibly by not logging in? He said 85m NW but finished at 71? Anyway attempt failed!

LightBringer Game profile

Jan 9th 2022, 0:03:31

Well that's that, good set ya'll.

And to whoever bought a few mil of my stocked bushels at $99 which I bought for $35, and the person who bought 10mil of my turrets at $199, I thank you, you added something like 4-6mil to to finish.
Hello

DeLpHiNuS Game profile

Jan 9th 2022, 0:15:49

Originally posted by Gerdler:

Rocky79 griefed my prediction, which would have been spot on if he had beaten me.
KoH tried to get 6th as well, to mess with my ranking, possibly by not logging in? He said 85m NW but finished at 71? Anyway attempt failed!

I was hoping there's a round of cheap food at the last day but nth came in from my standing order lol.. at least koh didn't fall off ur 5th prediction since I'm not able to run turns haha

Cumorah seems not able to run turns as well? I bought his stuff but he didn't do any run up after that

This round I try using bonus on resource decay.. bad decision since I didn't maximise its full potential stocking way up in cash, as I was trying to retal LB.. bonus on expenses reduction seems still the safest straightforward way to go for

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Jan 9th 2022, 0:29:46

Everyone tells you that always, no?

Cumorah Game profile

Jan 9th 2022, 0:31:32

Originally posted by DeLpHiNuS:

I was hoping there's a round of cheap food at the last day but nth came in from my standing order lol.. at least koh didn't fall off ur 5th prediction since I'm not able to run turns haha

Cumorah seems not able to run turns as well? I bought his stuff but he didn't do any run up after that

This round I try using bonus on resource decay.. bad decision since I didn't maximise its full potential stocking way up in cash, as I was trying to retal LB.. bonus on expenses reduction seems still the safest straightforward way to go for

It’s Sunday and I forgot to log in. I was stuck with about 130 turns. Will have to consider a better ending strat but I wasn’t going much above 70m anyway.

Good job to the top finishers.

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 9th 2022, 0:42:46

Oops, last time I logged in I had some sales and went to 74m buying units, then I got busy working in my backyard and when I looked at the clock it was 8 minutes too late for me to login, plus NW dropped by 3m so I had money to spend .... ugh.

Good set despite food prices lol
(•_•)

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Jan 9th 2022, 0:46:35

KoH finished with 1B cash. which is about 4.5m NW. I had gotten the impression that he was headed higher.

Only misplaced rank 3 and rank 4:
2. Dalgangal
3. Mickey Goldmill
4. hAPPY nEW yEAR

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 9th 2022, 0:52:50

KoH finished with 1B cash. which is about 4.5m NW. I had gotten the impression that he was headed higher.

2. Dalgangal
3. Mickey Goldmill
4. hAPPY nEW yEAR

Yup sounds about right, lots of stuff stayed in the market, I could have hit 80m if I didn't make mistakes last few weeks, one was buying units from market instead of private in one of my hurry up logins....blew almost $3 cash lol.
(•_•)

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 9th 2022, 1:01:42

2. Dalgangal
3. Mickey Goldmill
4. hAPPY nEW yEAR

Yup sounds about right, lots of stuff stayed in the market, I could have hit 80m if I didn't make mistakes last few weeks, one was buying units from market instead of private in one of my hurry up logins....blew almost $3 cash lol.

$3B that is.

Can we please get more farmers this next round???
(•_•)

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Jan 9th 2022, 1:20:03

The food market would have been oversupplied had tmac actually sold his food lol.

The play payed off probably, but I would never expose myself like that to dozens of people who could have retalled him during that time (and only one did which was what made it worthwhile).

One of the nice things about fascism is that it gets -0.9% expenses bonus for every 8 bonus points instead of -0.8% for all other govts. Given that we all take expenses bonus because it's really powerful and Fascists gain 12.5% more effect from it it should be possible to play the endgame like a casher even tho income is lower when selling on private. But if you manage to sell some of your production at like 45-55 for a while you are at the level of the rep cashers in income per acre, and fascist farmer should be bigger since it has no need to cash turns.

TwoPodRay Game profile

Jan 9th 2022, 3:31:00

Originally posted by LightBringer:
Well that's that, good set ya'll.

And to whoever bought a few mil of my stocked bushels at $99 which I bought for $35, and the person who bought 10mil of my turrets at $199, I thank you, you added something like 4-6mil to to finish.

Man, I was so sad when I saw those $199 turrets got sold, my tanks at $575 were a much better deal for $/NW for the buyer, and had 1.8M of them on the market. Had those sold, i think I could have gotten another 2-2.5M NW and sniped rank 5. Maybe. Would have been close