Verified:

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Jun 19th 2021, 2:07:27

Just few minutes, I need my land back....please?????
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6VRMGTwU4I
-=TSO~DKnights~ICD~XI~LaF=-

S.F. Giants 2010, 2012, 2014 World Series Champions, fluff YEAH!

Penguinbeng Game profile

Jun 19th 2021, 2:40:03

lmao daddy!

Crackhead Game profile

EE Patron

Jun 19th 2021, 4:40:40

Ditto

LightBringer Game profile

Jun 19th 2021, 5:20:19

Plz do. I need land too.
Hello

MILORD Game profile

Jun 19th 2021, 13:33:04

No. 2 owes me land too.
born in the USSR

MILORD Game profile

Jun 19th 2021, 13:33:05

No. 2 owes me land too.
born in the USSR

Tmac Game profile

Jun 19th 2021, 14:40:27

That's alot of people who were gunning for him, lol.

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Jun 20th 2021, 17:21:39

Maybe everyone should be deleted instead of him... it seems he can't have colluded against all of you alone I think, that isn't how that thing works. :P

Jokes aside I'm pretty sure this dude would have held it together if he just knew the rules - and then you could have all gotten your lands back as well. Don't get me wrong; based on what I have heard the purpling is sure warranted.

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Jun 20th 2021, 17:44:36

Yes it was, it's a shame none of us that are owed a retal can't get anything out of this :-(
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Jun 20th 2021, 18:12:38

Cry to slagpit you special snowflakes!

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Jun 20th 2021, 22:50:10

I ain't got time for that...
(•_•)

TwoPodRay Game profile

Jun 21st 2021, 0:38:12

Originally posted by Gerdler:
Maybe everyone should be deleted instead of him... it seems he can't have colluded against all of you alone I think, that isn't how that thing works. :P

Jokes aside I'm pretty sure this dude would have held it together if he just knew the rules - and then you could have all gotten your lands back as well. Don't get me wrong; based on what I have heard the purpling is sure warranted.

As a returning player and not being quite so keen on exactly what the nuances of all the rules are yet, is there an “explain like I’m 5” for what led to that player’s deletion? (Forgive the ignorant question, just trying to make sure it’s crystal clear on the rule(s))

Penguinbeng Game profile

Jun 21st 2021, 0:43:35

Originally posted by TwoPodRay:

As a returning player and not being quite so keen on exactly what the nuances of all the rules are yet, is there an “explain like I’m 5” for what led to that player’s deletion? (Forgive the ignorant question, just trying to make sure it’s crystal clear on the rule(s))

the guy was messaging players and sharing my break, trying to get them to hit me for farming him on another server

TwoPodRay Game profile

Jun 21st 2021, 1:10:25

Originally posted by Penguinbeng:

the guy was messaging players and sharing my break, trying to get them to hit me for farming him on another server

So was it the cross-server nature that broke the rule?

Or was it sharing the break?

Tmac Game profile

Jun 21st 2021, 1:19:34

Both. Also coordinating attacks on solo servers isn't allowed.

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Jun 21st 2021, 2:41:58

Originally posted by Tmac:

This!
(•_•)

TwoPodRay Game profile

Jun 21st 2021, 3:38:03

Okay, that checks out with what my interpretation was so far. In this instance, it seems coordination was attempted via in-game messaging.

What if player A was having it out with player B, using various special attacks, and player C noticed this in the news feed and figured this was a good opportunity to join in on the fun so they also started launching special attacks of their own without any coordination between player A and player C (maybe player B had broken GDI against player C and player C wanted revenge). How is this handled?

Tmac Game profile

Jun 21st 2021, 14:30:00

That's fine. The key part of your example is "their own without any coordination"

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Jun 21st 2021, 15:05:02

If you have the ability to special attack and missile someone who is GDI and/or you are GDI (primary/express) it means you have the right to do it.
That said such a situation would invite interpretation, and any such interpretation can go wrongly, which could lead to deletion or at least accusations. It could also lead to extra work for the moderator.

Personally, I like to stay away from stuff that can be interpreted as grey.

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Jun 21st 2021, 15:07:32

Also this whole thing isn't a problem because of going cross-server. Cross server retalling and suiciding is pretty much universally frowned upon, but not cheating unless it brings team play to solo servers (and then the team play is the problem). At least that is my interpretation.

TwoPodRay Game profile

Jun 21st 2021, 15:56:47

If you have the ability to special attack and missile someone who is GDI and/or you are GDI (primary/express) it means you have the right to do it.
That said such a situation would invite interpretation, and any such interpretation can go wrongly, which could lead to deletion or at least accusations. It could also lead to extra work for the moderator.

Personally, I like to stay away from stuff that can be interpreted as grey.

Good insights, thank you Gerdler and Tmac. Hopefully I wasn’t the only one with that question and you both gave thorough responses to clarify the rules.

Primeval Game profile

Game Moderator
Mod Boss

Jun 25th 2021, 17:48:13

What if player A was having it out with player B, using various special attacks, and player C noticed this in the news feed and figured this was a good opportunity to join in on the fun so they also started launching special attacks of their own without any coordination between player A and player C (maybe player B had broken GDI against player C and player C wanted revenge). How is this handled?

If B broke GDI with C then B is fair game to get attacked in my book. If C hits B completely unprovoked because it looked like a fun time after viewing the news feed, I would advise against it.

Asking for help like the guy mentioned in this thread will get you Barney'd.

Also this whole thing isn't a problem because of going cross-server. Cross server retalling and suiciding is pretty much universally frowned upon, but not cheating unless it brings team play to solo servers (and then the team play is the problem). At least that is my interpretation.

Correct.

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Jun 26th 2021, 12:14:37

Originally posted by Slagpit:

Examples of not acceptable behaviors on solo servers:

* Repeated targeting of players due to issues that occurred on other servers.

Actually, you're both wrong.

Keep ruining the game, what is Alliance down to like 30 really active players and about 100 fluff players with around 250 bots?