Verified:

hjason3 Game profile

Mar 29th 2022, 8:24:19

I guess I don't understand the meaning of GDI membership.. since I have been attacked twice now by countries more than twice my size.. can someone please explain this

Tmac Game profile

Mar 29th 2022, 12:08:10

Gdi description is in game. It works different according to which server you're on.

hjason3 Game profile

Mar 29th 2022, 14:56:06

The Global Defense Initiative (GDI) is an open organization dedicated to the protection of its members. As a member of GDI, you receive the protection of GDI forces. No country more than twice your size or less than half your size will be able to attack you without formally declaring war first. That is the description.. and I was attacked by 2 countries now over twice my size is what I am saying.. I do not know how it differs from the different servers but I play primary

g0nz0 Game profile

Mar 29th 2022, 15:38:56

Originally posted by hjason3:
I guess I don't understand the meaning of GDI membership.. since I have been attacked twice now by countries more than twice my size.. can someone please explain this

I can't remember the other servers but on primary it's 4x
On Alliance it's 12x
Alliance is so low to enable bot hitting for obese farmers.

Tmac Game profile

Mar 29th 2022, 18:18:42

Read the description of gdi in primary. The description you posted isn't for primary.

Rocky79 Game profile

Mar 30th 2022, 0:53:20

The Global Defense Initiative (GDI) is an open organization dedicated to the protection of our members. As a member of GDI, you will receive the protection of GDI forces. Unless you have attacked a country twice or more, that country will only be able to commit the following attacks or harmful spy ops against you: standard strikes, planned strikes, steal tech, bomb banks, burn oil, and burn bushels.

However, we require your assistance after leaving protection. You will be required to pay $5 per non-cs building you own to the GDI fund as long as you are with us. In addition, you will not be allowed to commit offensive acts which are not standard strikes, planned strikes, or beneficial spy ops against other countries unless they have attacked you more than once.

You can only leave GDI before the final six hours of the game if you haven't attacked or been attacked. If you leave GDI then you cannot rejoin. In the final six hours of the game, you will not be able to engage in any offensive actions against countries that have not hit you at least once. However, countries not in GDI may still be able to attack you.

Primary

hjason3 Game profile

Mar 30th 2022, 11:00:21

Originally posted by Tmac:
Read the description of gdi in primary. The description you posted isn't for primary.

Ok obviously I would if I knew where that was.....

hjason3 Game profile

Mar 30th 2022, 11:02:54

Originally posted by g0nz0:

On Alliance it's 12x

What do you mean by that? 4x meaning countries 4 times my size can still attack me without declaring war?

hjason3 Game profile

Mar 30th 2022, 11:05:55

Originally posted by Rocky79:
The Global Defense Initiative (GDI) is an open organization dedicated to the protection of our members. As a member of GDI, you will receive the protection of GDI forces. Unless you have attacked a country twice or more, that country will only be able to commit the following attacks or harmful spy ops against you: standard strikes, planned strikes, steal tech, bomb banks, burn oil, and burn bushels.

However, we require your assistance after leaving protection. You will be required to pay $5 per non-cs building you own to the GDI fund as long as you are with us. In addition, you will not be allowed to commit offensive acts which are not standard strikes, planned strikes, or beneficial spy ops against other countries unless they have attacked you more than once.

You can only leave GDI before the final six hours of the game if you haven't attacked or been attacked. If you leave GDI then you cannot rejoin. In the final six hours of the game, you will not be able to engage in any offensive actions against countries that have not hit you at least once. However, countries not in GDI may still be able to attack you.

Primary

Well they are doing a piss ass job of protecting me.. but I still don't understand.. so regardless of how high networth they are they can still "commit the following attacks or harmful spy ops against you: standard strikes, planned strikes, steal tech, bomb banks, burn oil, and burn bushels" ??? Then what exactly am I being protected of? Just missles?

Tmac Game profile

Mar 30th 2022, 11:32:13

As soon as you enter your country there is a link that says gdi. Real simple, lol.

g0nz0 is talking about humanitarian range, not gdi. You can read up about the details of each server by clicking details under the server you want to know about.

Gdi protects you from what it says...

Rocky79 Game profile

Mar 30th 2022, 14:27:53

hjason3

If you go here - https://www.earthempires.com/primary/serverdetails

You will see the server details,

The server details include information about humanitarians

Humanitarians
Humanitarians protest if a country attempts to attack another country which is 4 times bigger or smaller than it.

I already posted the gdi information above for Primary

I will suggest to you that if you are a new player you may want to start in tournament for a few rounds and learn, or go to clan recruiting in alliance and join a clan where you can learn the ropes

Starting out in Primary is like saying you want to try swimming and then jumping in the ocean 2 miles off the coast from a boat

g0nz0 Game profile

Mar 30th 2022, 16:23:17

You guys provided non answers to a VERY simple question. "How much bigger can a country be than me even though I am in GDI?"

Here's a link dummy!
Stupid, go read the link, it doesn't answer your question but here's the link again n00bidiot.
OMG n00b! Just go read the GDI link! DUUUUUH!!

fluffing exact server by server answer. you guys stroke your fluffs about EXACT hit or tech calculations... Jets Weapons tech+(int^46/17%)*14 + your allies girth then divide by length. Also remember your prostate milking spy ops.

What % can they attack in which server? All servers. Hard mode: no links

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Mar 30th 2022, 17:03:16

LMFAO hahahahahaha
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6VRMGTwU4I
-=TSO~DKnights~ICD~XI~LaF=-

S.F. Giants 2010, 2012, 2014 World Series Champions, fluff YEAH!

Tmac Game profile

Mar 30th 2022, 19:16:57

I guess I don't understand the meaning of GDI membership..

On Alliance it's 12x

You're the one giving answers to questions not asked, lol. I simply told him to read the gdi description without calling him names. It describes gdi pretty well.

g0nz0 Game profile

Mar 30th 2022, 21:07:56

I guess I don't understand the meaning of GDI membership..

As soon as you enter your country there is a link that says gdi. Real simple, lol.

On Alliance it's 12x

You're the one giving answers to questions not asked, lol. I simply told him to read the gdi description without calling him names. It describes gdi pretty well.

You gave dismissive answers referring him to the GDI description page. And I could hear the mockery in that "lol".
We talk a lot about these Humanitarians. Maybe we should practice a little humanity and compassion for new players. Remember we are a family here. From the sage like grandfather ( that's you Dumbledore), to the cousin who got kicked by a mule and can't count past 20 anymore (wink wink Ratski ;)). @PeaceLoveUnderstanding

Edited By: g0nz0 on Mar 30th 2022, 21:23:13
See Original Post

Rocky79 Game profile

Mar 30th 2022, 21:26:14

You guys provided non answers to a VERY simple question. "How much bigger can a country be than me even though I am in GDI?"

Here's a link dummy!
Stupid, go read the link, it doesn't answer your question but here's the link again n00bidiot.

fluffing exact server by server answer. you guys stroke your fluffs about EXACT hit or tech calculations... Jets Weapons tech+(int^46/17%)*14 + your allies girth then divide by length. Also remember your prostate milking spy ops.

I think I answered his questions much better than you did,

Especially since he posted that he didn't understand your stupid answer

I thought the guy that complained about the country named White Power was the biggest moron in the game but I'm starting to second guess that

g0nz0 Game profile

Mar 30th 2022, 21:35:48

Originally posted by Rocky79:

Here's a link dummy!

I think I answered his questions much better than you did,

Especially since he posted that he didn't understand your stupid answer

I thought the guy that complained about the country named White Power was the biggest moron in the game but I'm starting to second guess that

Answer: check the GDI link. There's a link describing gdi. Did you click the link to the GDI page yet? How bout now? Text me lol. ;D <<[¥]>> 8> (_*_).

Tmac Game profile

Mar 30th 2022, 22:30:18

g0nz0 can read minds! He knew that the guys real question wasn't about gdi, but hr! He can also tell that my laugh was a mocking one, lol(can you read that one?). Why don't you answer his question then? No inventing a question to answer though =)

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Mar 31st 2022, 0:29:13

/me eats popcorn
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6VRMGTwU4I
-=TSO~DKnights~ICD~XI~LaF=-

S.F. Giants 2010, 2012, 2014 World Series Champions, fluff YEAH!

g0nz0 Game profile

Mar 31st 2022, 1:44:26

The Global Defense Initiative (GDI) is an open organization dedicated to the protection of its members. As a member of GDI, you receive the protection of GDI forces. No country more than twice your size or less than half your size will be able to attack you without formally declaring war first. That is the description.. and I was attacked by 2 countries now over twice my size is what I am saying.. I do not know how it differs from the different servers but I play primary

Hi Jason. It's me again. You say the people hitting you are more than twice your size (NW). There are a couple of reasons this might be confusing when reading the guidelines. There is a common tactic among players who will grab multiple countries, then jump out of range through buying or building military. This can be frustrating for you, but the gamble is half the fun for them. If there was a player in range who hit you multiple times (breaking gdi) then your range increases to 4x (primary), 12x (alliance). Take your NW and multiply to see up, divide to look down. That is humanitarian restrictions if or once you are outside of gdi. Expect to get hit in primary, often. You can sit on millions of turrets, but it is inevitable. Alliance, in a mostly peaceful set, is helpful for practicing hits on bots, and playing a stable market (jetsjetsjets). Any further questions?

g0nz0 Game profile

Mar 31st 2022, 1:52:06

g0nz0 can read minds! He knew that the guys real question wasn't about gdi, but hr! He can also tell that my laugh was a mocking one, lol(can you read that one?). Why don't you answer his question then? No inventing a question to answer though =)

Yes, I can read it. You are saying "I've answered this question. Why are we here? Why don't they read the fluffing links like I had to when starting this fluffing game 50+ years ago. Christ Almighty, kids these days. And fluff you g0nz0 for making me deal with this bullfluff during my Oak Island binge. No wonder everyone hates you. Ass clown. Why did Galleri remove that ban, we were almost free..."

hjason3 Game profile

Mar 31st 2022, 14:13:08

Ok first of all I appreciate g0nz0 actually trying to be helpful.. and I understand the hitting and jumping up in networth tatic.. I guess I had a hard time believing they jumped that much though.. but maybe they did. Also the link that you provided rocky just is a summary of the server details.. nothing in depth. for GDI it just says "GDI The cost of GDI membership is $5 per non-cs building." I feel like the "GDI" should be a clickable link but it is not.. maybe an issue with the page? And yea I am new at getting back into this.. I played back when it was Earth 2025 a little and didn't know they made a duplicate of it basically.. so just trying to remember how to play and figure out all the rules.. not a complete dumbass. Also the description of GDI that I copy and pasted was from the wiki site.. one of the only links I could get to work. And I understand that can differ from server to server.. which was why I thought posting here might be more informative...

hjason3 Game profile

Mar 31st 2022, 14:19:49

From what I can remember it was pretty cut in dry.. GDI meant you could not attack or be attacked at all by a country more than twice or half your size.. and like I said I get the jumping networth thing and I get breaking GDI also makes exceptions to that.. I just didn't think they jumped that damn much that quick.. and am confused on one thing still.. what exactly the protection is for.. is it all attacks or just attacks deemed to be "harmful"

Rocky79 Game profile

Mar 31st 2022, 16:56:06

Why don't we try this again hjason3

Here is the description for GDI in Primary - The Global Defense Initiative (GDI) is an open organization dedicated to the protection of our members. As a member of GDI, you will receive the protection of GDI forces. Unless you have attacked a country twice or more, that country will only be able to commit the following attacks or harmful spy ops against you: standard strikes, planned strikes, steal tech, bomb banks, burn oil, and burn bushels.

So, that is what it means to be in GDI in Primary

Now that you know what it means to be in GDI in Primary, you can go here - https://www.earthempires.com/primary/serverdetails

And this is where you will see all the server details,

The server details include information about humanitarians

Humanitarians
Humanitarians protest if a country attempts to attack another country which is 4 times bigger or smaller than it.

As Tmac and others said above, all of these rules are different on each server,

So if you want to play on a server where countries can't attack you more than twice or less than half your size you should go play tournament

If you are wondering what type of attacks you are protected from in Primary with your GDI membership you can go to the spy page or the warroom page and notice the different types of attacks, like bomb jets, bomb structures, bio terrorism, or Artillery Barrage, Bombing Runs, etc.

Once again, this is not Earth 2025, so what you remember about what GDI might have been back in the 1990's is not relevant here on Earth Empires.

If you still can't figure things out based on all the information posted above I don't see how anyone is going to be able to help you further

Edited By: Rocky79 on Mar 31st 2022, 17:51:04

hjason3 Game profile

Apr 1st 2022, 10:26:47

No that pretty much clears it up and I appreciate it.. I read the first part when you posted the GDI information for primary before which was why I was surprised and replied with so what exactly am I being protected from just missles? Which was more of a well wtf statement.. and yes I already know the rules differ from server to server I was just wanting an explaination for primary specifially and a simple no they can attack you at any networth just suffer the consequences of humanitarians if they are 4x higher or lower.. but they can only do certain attacks if you are in GDI.. like l0nz0 said pretty simple question... didn't need all the negativity and bullfluff and I understand it is not the exact same as Earth 2025 which is what I was trying to do was figure out the differences.. again pretty simple. But again thanks for posting the GDI information and explaining humanitarians.. guess that is all I need

Tmac Game profile

Apr 1st 2022, 13:28:36

Gdi description is in game. It works different according to which server you're on.

It's literally a perfect answer. I figured my answer would lead you to go on your country and read the gdi description. Why would I describe it to you when you can read it from the original source. If you see that as negative, I'll be sure to not bother you any more.

hjason3 Game profile

Apr 2nd 2022, 12:39:49

As I previously posted jackass.. I don't know where the fluff that is or I would have read up on it myself.. the only place I found to read about GDI was on wiki which I posted what I found and read my damn self. I still do not know where the description of GDI for primary specifically is and where to find that. If I knew that in the first damn place I probably would have never came to the damn forum in the first damn place.. so your reply was stating the obvious and stupid as hell.. like telling a person on the side of the road that ran out of gas to get some fluffing gas

hjason3 Game profile

Apr 2nd 2022, 12:46:59

I guess I thought posting on a forum would be helpful and insightful instead of negative and stating the obvious.. Most questions on any forums are pretty simple questions that people are just confused about or do not know where to find the information elsewhere so that is what they turn to... fluff this fluff for now on I will just wing it and play blind

galleri Game profile

Game Moderator
Primary, Express, Tourney, & FFA

Apr 2nd 2022, 12:57:55

As I previously posted jackass.. I don't know where the fluff that is or I would have read up on it myself.. the only place I found to read about GDI was on wiki which I posted what I found and read my damn self. I still do not know where the description of GDI for primary specifically is and where to find that. If I knew that in the first damn place I probably would have never came to the damn forum in the first damn place.. so your reply was stating the obvious and stupid as hell.. like telling a person on the side of the road that ran out of gas to get some fluffing gas

Tmac did tell you in all this verbage where it was in your country. I think you missed it.

As soon as you enter your country there is a link that says gdi. .

Edited By: galleri on Apr 2nd 2022, 13:23:30

https://gyazo.com/...b3bb28dddf908cdbcfd162513

Kahuna: Ya you just wrote the fkn equation, not helping me at all. Lol n I hated algebra.

g0nz0 Game profile

Apr 2nd 2022, 15:11:30

New player: Hey bro! I'm new here. I accidentally clicked a link to this game when scrolling torrents. fluff it I thought why not. You really need to add tits to your ad banners bro. ngl Boring af

I want to start attacking. The attack link is pretty basic and I need some details. Like what's up bro? Y'all need to face the heat this geezy Jes gett'n warmed up!!

Lazy Assholes: There's a link to attacks on your homepage. Tells you about Standard Strike, Planned Strike, so that's my answer. You find the link dude? It's on the homepage. Whatever I'm out. Got my post bonus. Check that link though, it's very helpful.

Me: Main strength = WeaponsTech% * GovtBonus * Readiness * (Troops + Jets*2 + Tanks*4)

Allies bonus = min (value 1, value 2)

value 1 = WeaponsTech% * GovtBonus * Readiness * (Troops + Jets*2 + Tanks*4)
value 2 = 0.25 * (AlliesTroops + AlliesJets*2 + AlliesTanks*4)

Total strength = main strength + Allies bonus

Edited By: galleri on Apr 3rd 2022, 0:10:38. Reason: Removed ridiculous silly link.

Tmac Game profile

Apr 2nd 2022, 16:00:33

Is this really the place for your theatrics g0nz0?

Fact 1: You messaged me for advice in the past week or so and my lazy ass took time to respond to you twice.

Fact 2: You wrote something like a half dozen responses here, and didn't explain gdi to the guy once.

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Apr 2nd 2022, 16:22:27

Guys, guys, have a beer from me!

The only one to blame is the developer(s) who built a terrible UX experience for users... Now let's blame Galleri 🤘

g0nz0 Game profile

Apr 2nd 2022, 16:31:21

Is this really the place for your theatrics g0nz0?

Fact 1: You messaged me for advice in the past week or so and my lazy ass took time to respond to you twice.

Fact 2: You wrote something like a half dozen responses here, and didn't explain gdi to the guy once.

Fact Check 1: You gave a response that included a general description of what I was already doing. So a generic non-answer. I assumed you had insight. Better luck next time. I still said thank you.

Fact Check 2: You guys posted 500 links and even copied the GDI description here. Plus Jason referenced it himself. So the information had already been presented. I was answering his question of why and how he was being attacked while supposedly, according to the GDI link, said he is protected.

Results: Please guys. wtf. It's gdi. It's worthless. Now you understand why. Get fluffed.

Tmac Game profile

Apr 2nd 2022, 17:14:03

You actually didn't say thank you, but I wasn't upset. The point was that I took time to answer you the best I could.

Thank you for admitting the question was already answered. He didn't understand why countries more than twice his size were able to hit him. That was because he was reading the wrong gdi description which I told him. He didn't ask why people 4x his size were hitting him. Hr is a good thing to know about though. You definitely helped with your original answer.

galleri Game profile

Game Moderator
Primary, Express, Tourney, & FFA

Apr 3rd 2022, 2:24:37

Originally posted by Requiem:
Guys, guys, have a beer from me!

The only one to blame is the developer(s) who built a terrible UX experience for users... Now let's blame Galleri 🤘

Get out of here with your Truly :P

https://gyazo.com/...b3bb28dddf908cdbcfd162513

Kahuna: Ya you just wrote the fkn equation, not helping me at all. Lol n I hated algebra.

Rocky79 Game profile

Apr 3rd 2022, 2:26:32

hjason3

As you can see, it is a wonderful and close knit community here on Earth Empires

Please stay a while and enjoy some popcorn with KoH

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Apr 4th 2022, 15:28:28

It's best to joining a good alliance to learn from generally.