Verified:

Brink Game profile

Jul 14th 2011, 21:33:07

This was in the other thread, but I want to be crystal clear.

It makes sense to me that the highest standing bid, no matter when it was placed would get goods first. If an order is sitting there for $75 turrets, and I place a later bid for $76 , my order ought to be filled first, as I am willing to pay more.

If I am interrupting correctly in the other thread, this is not the case, the oldest order is filled first if it can be.

If this is the case, it will change how I do things.

bakku Game profile

Jul 14th 2011, 22:20:57

it's oldest order gets filled first

Tertius Game profile

EE Patron

Jul 14th 2011, 22:27:43

But if the order is not filled entirely, then it gets as much as it can, and then gets put back to the end of the line for SOs.That way, someone can't put an SO out for cheap goods the first day of the server and always get them.

Of course, if there is not enough cash to fulfill the order, then it is canceled entirely.

Trippster Game profile

Jul 15th 2011, 3:35:08

From the wiki:
"The orders are also placed in a FIFO system--whoever placed their order first will have theirs filled first. If a country's order is filled before the full amount of items on the market is bought, the next standing order will then be filled, or, if there are no more standing orders for that item at that price, the remaining units will be made available for others to buy manually. However, if a country's standing order is interrupted, such as by a lack of cash on hand, that country's order will then be placed last, and the next standing order will then buy whatever is remaining, and so on."

So just because you place an SO for a higher amount than someone else doesn't mean you get them. However, if your SO is $1 higher than the current high SO and someone puts goods on the market at your price, but not below, you will get them.

Edited By: Trippster on Jul 16th 2011, 0:45:41
See Original Post
Ignore the smiley.
I have 10 tabs open.
I may or may not be here.

Brink Game profile

Jul 15th 2011, 14:35:18

Thank you for the info. It entirely changes my SO strategy.

caffeineaddict Game profile

Jul 15th 2011, 16:48:22

"However, if a country's standing order is interrupted, such as by a lack of cash on hand, that country's order will then be placed last".

This statement is wrong.

A standing order that is interrupted, such as by a lack of cash on hand, is cancelled.

afaik Game profile

Jul 15th 2011, 21:43:15

Yea it needs to say, "and then cancelled"
The example should be:

If an SO is only part filled it moves to the back of the queue.

Trippster Game profile

Jul 16th 2011, 0:44:22

Hmmm yeah .... someone needs to edit that part of the wiki.
Ignore the smiley.
I have 10 tabs open.

Trippster Game profile

Jul 18th 2011, 4:27:41

Ok General Earl fixed the wiki. Well at least the part about lack of cash will cancel the remaining units in the order.
Thanks G E.

http://wiki.earthempires.com/index.php/Public_Market

Edited By: Trippster on Jul 18th 2011, 4:30:23
See Original Post
Ignore the smiley.
I have 10 tabs open.