Verified:

Pangaea

Administrator
Game Development

May 6th 2010, 2:24:36

It's with great displeasure that I have to announce that we had to make several deletions on the alliance server today. This is directly related to the deletions made yesterday on FFA, as these are the same accounts that were involved in account sharing on the FFA server. A single user (IP and cookie match) logged into several accounts yesterday, causing our tools to throw up flags. We looked into this further, and it was determined that these logins were made properly, so that points to - at best - login sharing of some form. The passwords for these users were all different as well, however, we can not verify their complexity, as we only see the hashed values -- we cannot see a user's actual password.

Since user accounts are used for all servers, account sharing results in deletion of all active countries across all servers.

We hope that all players will look to enjoy the game by playing fairly in the future. There is no need to cheat at a text based online game, especially when it forces admins to spend their time dealing with deletions and cheating, rather than putting our time into working on the game.

Countries deleted on the Alliance server today:
part of the dieNAsty (#176)
My Walker Brings All Da Boys (#181)
World at War (#299)
bjorn to die (#308)
amish paradise (#333)
Killing Fer the dieNAsty (#388)
linux is broke (#411)
Stuck On mrfords Theme (#466)
jasmine27 (#479)
l alliance francais (#544)
LaE in EC (#546)
Bloodier Shasta (#624)
nasTy Killer (#713)
legendsatearth dot com (#773)
jagernacht (#127)

Thanks
-Admins

Edited By: Pangaea on May 6th 2010, 2:34:24
-=Dave=-
Earth Empires Staff
pangaea [at] earthempires [dot] com

Boxcar - Earth Empires' Clan & Alliance Hosting
http://www.boxcarhosting.com

Klown Game profile

May 6th 2010, 2:32:49

NA Cheats? Now THIS is a shocker. LOL!

NOW3P Game profile

May 6th 2010, 2:33:31

looks like 4 or 5 active netters and a bunch of inactives?

I don't doubt the mod's tools, but I gotta wonder what the last prior login was on 544, 479, 299, and 308 before the newest login especially

Guess my only real question on the IP is if it's been linked back to a specific LaE/NA player?

Pangaea

Administrator
Game Development

May 6th 2010, 2:35:24

We will release a list of IP's that logged into a player's account, provided they can prove the account is theirs. This is a policy we've been discussing, and we're liking it, so if anyone wants a list of IP's that logged into their account, please send an email from the e-mail account linked to your EE account and include your username as well.

DO NOT send us your password. We do not want nor need it.

Edited By: Pangaea on May 6th 2010, 2:38:09
-=Dave=-
Earth Empires Staff

Klown Game profile

May 6th 2010, 2:36:18

No reason to question it, NOW. Its been well known for YEARS that NA is the dirtiest, most pathetic clan to ever play this game. This simply confirms that. Truly sad, one can only imagine how many wars have been tipped to one side by these cheaters.

aponic Game profile

May 6th 2010, 2:37:27

Amazing you could make no typos when typing with your penis... either you have a very large keypad or...
SOF
Cerevisi

Hobo Game profile

May 6th 2010, 2:40:30

^ was drinking a glass of water when aponic's description made me pop the image into my mind. Water spewed everywhere as I lol'ed

sorry off topic

joe2 Game profile

May 6th 2010, 2:41:40

^I lol'd as well luckily after i put my water down

Pangaea

Administrator
Game Development

May 6th 2010, 2:42:26

I'm not sure who aponic is talking about, but the staff treats every player and alliance equally, we just need to step in when rules are being broken.
-=Dave=-
Earth Empires Staff

Hobo Game profile

May 6th 2010, 2:43:03

@ Pangaea I had no idea either, but the image is just so.... disturbing, yet I can't look away @_@.

Imagine someone actually doing that as you walked in the door. I would lol.

Edited By: Hobo on May 6th 2010, 2:43:22

joe2 Game profile

May 6th 2010, 2:43:03

I thought he was talking to KLOWN

kemo Game profile

May 6th 2010, 2:45:03

nice fs

*awaits na cs*
all praised to ra

Klown Game profile

May 6th 2010, 2:46:38

NOW3Ps signature is what the reference was to.

Pangaea

Administrator
Game Development

May 6th 2010, 2:48:01

*turns on signatures*

well that makes more sense
-=Dave=-
Earth Empires Staff

joe2 Game profile

May 6th 2010, 2:52:46

wow who knew

AoS Game profile

May 6th 2010, 2:52:55

Oooh! I have a suggestion. Add an "ignore" feature so I can block Klown? :P
The dreamer is banished to obscurity.

AxAlar Game profile

May 6th 2010, 2:52:57

I'm not sure I'm for this "well if they cheated in FFA, they should be deleted in Alliance!" rule.

Hopefully there was something worth deleting them for in Alliance.

I do understand the implication of giving out your login information to someone else and that player being able to access all servers, however, I'd rather see deletion on the cheating server and deactivation/suspension of the account until the player contacts that admins about the situation for the other servers not touched.

A second violation of the rules resulting in a country deletion across all servers however I don't think is a bad idea.

Buttttt I didn't read this thread too closely *shrugs*

I just see a country up there that I dont believe would do this intentionally, I guess.
-AxA
Mercenary for Hire
AIM: I The Brandon
MSN:

joe2 Game profile

May 6th 2010, 2:55:30

Axa I think pang was saying those countries were ALSO logged into on the alliance server

Thomas Game profile

May 6th 2010, 2:55:41

Don't delete AxA's multis without permission!

Pangaea

Administrator
Game Development

May 6th 2010, 3:06:51

There is definite reason to delete them. We are very sure of that.

Like I said, the owners can contact us for a list of IP's that logged into their accounts.
-=Dave=-
Earth Empires Staff

AxAlar Game profile

May 6th 2010, 3:10:13

It would suck if someone was abusing a loophole in legendsatearth.com's security.

Dark Morbid maybe should start looking into that.

Good thing I use a diff login/pass for LAE's site.

Then again, maybe people are just cheating ;p
-AxA
Mercenary for Hire
AIM: I The Brandon
MSN:

archaic Game profile

May 6th 2010, 3:11:32

Pan, are these permanent IP bans or just account deletions? Not saying it was noobs under the influence of a leader - just saying that I've seen some stupid fluff done while following orders.

"No seriously, this forum is for everybody to post their logins in case we get FS, that way we can wall for you"

"Oh, well that make sense boss - sure!"

I'd hate to see somebody permabanned for a first offense - hell, during my brief stay in iMag - I once babysat a LaF treehugger on EC just to see if I would get caught. I did.
Cheating Mod Hall of Shame: Dark Morbid, Turtle Crawler, Sov

Pangaea

Administrator
Game Development

May 6th 2010, 3:16:40

we're not prepared to discuss any more about the issue beyond what I posted before, except with the account owners privately.
-=Dave=-
Earth Empires Staff

AoS Game profile

May 6th 2010, 3:23:01

Well...I owned those accounts, so just say it here, pang. :D
The dreamer is banished to obscurity.

NOW3P Game profile

May 6th 2010, 3:23:50

Klown - I've played in NA for years upon years. I know they've had their cheaters come and go, but I also know your pov on this is obviously skewed. Odds are pretty good I know a heck of a lot more about the inner workings of NA than you, and I'm still willing to question what actually happened here, as it just doesn't quite add up at the moment. Unless there is a pretty high level board in NA where only the cheaters have access, there is no condoned cheating in either NA or LaE anywhere on the site, nor any that I've ever seen in IRC.

Even if it's proven that LaE/NA did have cheating going on, it still sounds like it was only 1 player - as the mods have only tracked 1 IP to all the deleted countries from what I understand. Not exactly a whole clan being dirty, etc....or would this just burst your little hate bubble too much to accept?

Currently, unlike those who are willing to jump to conclusions without knowing all the facts, I still think there are questions to be answered before you and your other trolly friends burn them at the stake.

Edited By: NOW3P on May 6th 2010, 3:28:05

NOW3P Game profile

May 6th 2010, 3:27:02

Glad to resurrect an old sig for the surprise destruction of a couple keyboards though - I usually get at least one whenever I go back to it :-)

And for the record, it's a full size keyboard :-P

Klown Game profile

May 6th 2010, 3:31:19

*shrug* even if it is 1 player, which is unlikely, there's many countries involved. No way leaders didn't know. Also the extent of the cheating shows how much of NA's 'power' has come from cheating. A lot of it. So its 1 player. If I run 20 countries in a 25 country clan, I may be 1 player, but it was a large chunk of the 'clan' that was cheating. It also shows that NA has no reservations about cheating, undoubtedly cheating freely in the past and cheating their way to 'victory' in war.

Dragonlance Game profile

May 6th 2010, 3:36:43

AxA i think you'll find that due to the system used in EE, by cheating in FFA, they are also basically doing the same in alliance.

If they are sharing FFa logins, then they are also sharing alliance logins as a persons country fall under the same account? so it is suspicious..

regardless, i believe that if you cheat in any server, you should be deleted from all servers associated with the game, and that is essentially your yellow card.

If you do it again, your banned for life from all games.

anything less is a cop out to the legit players in this game.

mrford Game profile

May 6th 2010, 3:37:30

dude, they are being deleted for actions on the FFA server known, did you read the post?

i mean seriously. i dont get this cross server deletions. you are killing me here

Edited By: mrford on May 6th 2010, 5:50:37
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

Dragonlance Game profile

May 6th 2010, 3:40:29

If they cheat on FFA, what is to say they also are willing to cheat here?

The fact that an alliance allows FFA cheaters to play in it calls into question the leadership credentials of that alliance.

p.s. on the hiddne board/only 1 person cheating train of thought. Remember IX and Angy back in earth2025? the whole of IX didn't know about that, but the leadership damn well did.

Leaders ALWAYS know

dagga Game profile

May 6th 2010, 3:52:06

LOL. What a surprise!
signatures are stupid.
Months since LaF netgained: 22

warlorde Game profile

May 6th 2010, 4:15:52

im with NOW3P...

iv been in NA for coming up to 3 years. i have never seen any cheating that has come to my attention. having been a leader for almost 2 years there arent many things going down in NA i dont know about. except those secret orgy meets in the senate.

i guess im still waiting to gain access to the super duper secret NA cheating board

Just A Thought TAM Game profile

May 6th 2010, 4:20:51

That won't do you any good Warlorde as everything of importance is discussed in the Extra Super Duper Wuper Secret NA Cheating Board.

warlorde Game profile

May 6th 2010, 4:22:57

hahaha i guess so

mrford Game profile

May 6th 2010, 4:25:05

its true, WARLORDe has the power of the little e
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

Thunder Game profile

May 6th 2010, 4:25:12

Just aske me warlorde and I can tell you all :)
Thunder
ICQ 56183127
MSN

2010 Armchair GMs League Champion
DEFEATER OF MRFORD!
FoCuS'D

NA FA/Senate
Lords

Ninja since born....Awesome Forever!

ld Game profile

May 6th 2010, 4:32:48

i motion for not deleting the cheaters, but preventing them from logging in and open their countries for public landfarm... by announcing it publicly where all have an equal chance at the festivities that would follow. more land for the rest of us!!!! make an example of the cheating scum!!!

ViLSE Game profile

May 6th 2010, 4:38:41

Thunder is the cheat master!! :)

Skythe Game profile

May 6th 2010, 5:15:27

Good work Pang, great to see measures taken to remove cheaters from the game and community.

Hobo Game profile

May 6th 2010, 5:23:19

mrford's terrible BO finally killed 13 countries Q_Q

WHYYYY MR FORD WHYYY!@???!?? DIDNT I TELL JOO TO SHOWER?!??!@

Edited By: Hobo on May 6th 2010, 5:23:36

Son Goku Game profile

May 6th 2010, 5:25:39

Mods are kill the game, not the cheaters sharing logins.

Great logic.

mrford Game profile

May 6th 2010, 5:31:39

that was noy my logic, cross server deletions was my logic

and login sharing has not been proven yet imo. more details to come on this story later
Swagger of a Chupacabra

Pangaea

Administrator
Game Development

May 6th 2010, 5:33:42

to be fair, mrford, you were saying we were killing the game just for deleting them in FFA last night.

But I agree with Son Goku... cheaters are what started the game's downfall many years ago. We're certainly going to do anything we can to prevent them
-=Dave=-
Earth Empires Staff

mrford Game profile

May 6th 2010, 5:35:07

you know why i think what i think. and im not going to go into that on this board, as evidence has already been provided to you, and information was obtained, or given to you that was obtained, in a malicious way

i will state that i think it is habbits like declaring a entire alliance cheaters because of what 14% of a alliance may or may not have done are killing the server. none of our senate or even officers were deleted

Edited By: mrford on May 6th 2010, 5:36:21
Swagger of a Chupacabra

Dragonlance Game profile

May 6th 2010, 5:48:14

wait what?

an NA LEADER came onto the boards and accused the Mods of "killing the game" by deleting CHEATERS in the server they CHEATED on?!?

if this is the kind of leadership displayed by NA then truly your clan has issues.

Then WHY havn't you PUBLICALLY declared that ALL of the members that DID cheated are permanently banned from NA and WHY havn't you sent around the appropriate IP information about the cheaters so that we can ALL ban them from our sites?

anything less is a cop out if you are serious about helping combat cheating.

UncleC Game profile

May 6th 2010, 5:53:18

This is my first post ever!
NA - Lazy ass DL
Lords

locket Game profile

May 6th 2010, 5:54:09

eh Its a fitting punishment for cheats. But mrford id tend to just ignore the trolls and work on cleaning up that 14%

Just A Thought TAM Game profile

May 6th 2010, 5:55:36

Ding! Gratz UncleC

UncleC Game profile

May 6th 2010, 6:00:23

First forum post in like 11 years of playing!
NA - Lazy ass DL
Lords

Pangaea

Administrator
Game Development

May 6th 2010, 6:02:13

ya, agreed mrford...

NA is a good alliance, you guys have tons of quality members and a lot of good stats and war performances... and most importantly, a lot support from your folks internally.

I'd just move on and work towards finding out exactly what happened internally and working towards solutions so that it doesn't happen again.
-=Dave=-
Earth Empires Staff