Verified:

Forgotten

Feb 23rd 2013, 18:09:52

Originally posted by anoniem:

No, we just want people like you (those who can barely operate a pen and paper - let alone contribute to 1=0.999 discussion) to stfu.

Reported for offensive insults.
~LaF's Retired Janitor~

Pain Game profile

Feb 23rd 2013, 18:11:24

Originally posted by Pain:
well one thing good did come from hanlong/turtlecrawler (for EVO) and that is, it gave qzjul the moral justification he needed to abuse his admin access.

that's coming from a member of RD. Nobody gives a fluff if RD don't cheat anymore, but your alliance history is filled with cheating,botting etc etc.

your alliance was filled with hanlong's and still has several dirty fluffing cheats.

let's go back to when slagpit posted that LordTardnava had multiple accounts, which broke the game rules. who complained? oh yeah laf and their buttbuddies.

go suck a fluff.

yea he had 2 accounts that he didnt play simultaneously. end of the world. of course LaF would be the ones to complain as they are the ones who were being targeted by qzjuls "cheating". yet qzjul ignored KJs blatant cheating up till this day. must be nice to have a double standard.
Your mother is a nice woman

Forgotten

Feb 23rd 2013, 19:52:31

yea he had 2 accounts that he didnt play simultaneously. end of the world. of course LaF would be the ones to complain as they are the ones who were being targeted by qzjuls "cheating". yet qzjul ignored KJs blatant cheating up till this day. must be nice to have a double standard.

those might be your last words, i'm quoting you in memory.
~LaF's Retired Janitor~

Pontius Pirate

EE Patron

Feb 23rd 2013, 20:06:11

well one thing good did come from hanlong/turtlecrawler (for EVO) and that is, it gave qzjul the moral justification he needed to abuse his admin access.

that's coming from a member of RD. Nobody gives a fluff if RD don't cheat anymore, but your alliance history is filled with cheating,botting etc etc.

your alliance was filled with hanlong's and still has several dirty fluffing cheats.

let's go back to when slagpit posted that LordTardnava had multiple accounts, which broke the game rules. who complained? oh yeah laf and their buttbuddies.

go suck a fluff.

martian and Pang ignore his "cheating" as well

edit: and yes, qz's little checkup and then post of who CDed his country last set was dirty (well mostly telling people the country that did it), but I wouldnt go as far as calling it hanlong dirty, that was on another level
Originally posted by Cerberus:

This guy is destroying the U.S. Dollars position as the preferred exchange for international trade. The Chinese Ruan is going to replace it soon, then the U.S. will not have control of the IMF

Helmet Game profile

Feb 23rd 2013, 20:28:25

Are you saying he doesn't have a girlfriend that plays? I'm shocked!

NukEvil Game profile

Feb 23rd 2013, 20:45:23

http://wiki.earthempires.com/...anlong&action=history

Why do current/former LaF members keep removing the bit about the hacking/cheating scandal from Hanlong's player page?
I am a troll. Everything I say must be assumed to be said solely to provoke an exaggerated reaction to the current topic. I fully intend to bring absolutely no substance to any discussion, ongoing or otherwise. Conversing with me is pointless.

Kalick Game profile

Feb 23rd 2013, 20:56:45

That people even care what is on their EE wiki page is hilarious.

Xinhuan Game profile

Feb 23rd 2013, 21:18:34

I just read what was written lol.

"Both Hanlong and Turtle Crawler were then permanently banned from the game."

That isn't even true. TC was banned, Hanlong was not.

I've always had trouble with why the game admins never ever banned cheaters that repeatedly get purpled reset after reset (for example, multies or rule-breakers on solo servers), with for example, a 3-strike system. The rationale that "it is easy to circumvent a ban" just doesn't fly with me, it is just as easy to reban.

locket Game profile

Feb 23rd 2013, 21:21:10

Originally posted by NukEvil:
http://wiki.earthempires.com/...anlong&action=history

Why do current/former LaF members keep removing the bit about the hacking/cheating scandal from Hanlong's player page?

There is more wrong info there than should be in a wiki perhaps? ;)

Newworld Game profile

Feb 23rd 2013, 21:52:16

Bonus!
pew pew pew

torment Game profile

Feb 24th 2013, 11:42:46

i am hanlongs.

you all is dais!

Forgotten

Feb 24th 2013, 18:27:55

Xin, the trolls don't need facts, they just need something that resembles facts, and then spin it to their needs.

It's scary how this game resembles politcal parties in the real world, smear compagins, bringing up old points repeatedly even though it's unrelated, attack ads, using sacrificial pawns to gain posture.

Sigh
~LaF's Retired Janitor~

iScode Game profile

Feb 24th 2013, 22:41:03

Originally posted by Xinhuan:
I just read what was written lol.

"Both Hanlong and Turtle Crawler were then permanently banned from the game."

That isn't even true. TC was banned, Hanlong was not.

I've always had trouble with why the game admins never ever banned cheaters that repeatedly get purpled reset after reset (for example, multies or rule-breakers on solo servers), with for example, a 3-strike system. The rationale that "it is easy to circumvent a ban" just doesn't fly with me, it is just as easy to reban.

I agree hanlong should of been permabannd.
iScode
God of War

DEATH TO SOV!

iScode Game profile

Feb 24th 2013, 22:42:17

Originally posted by Forgotten:
Xin, the trolls don't need facts, they just need something that resembles facts, and then spin it to their needs.

It's scary how this game resembles politcal parties in the real world, smear compagins, bringing up old points repeatedly even though it's unrelated, attack ads, using sacrificial pawns to gain posture.

Sigh

regardless hanlong should never play again and no aliance should ever accept the cheating prick, why are you supporting him?
iScode
God of War

DEATH TO SOV!

d20 Game profile

Feb 25th 2013, 0:02:09

bonus

cypress Game profile

Feb 25th 2013, 3:40:06

Where is he? He owes me 10 million troops!!

Erian Game profile

Feb 25th 2013, 9:15:18

Originally posted by iScode:

Sigh

regardless hanlong should never play again and no aliance should ever accept the cheating prick, why are you supporting him?

Maybe because he's been playing with us in LaF for over 10 years and mostly done great stuff? Not my call, but I'd certainly give him another chance if it was...

anoniem Game profile

Feb 25th 2013, 11:00:40

Sigh

What a load of old tripe.
re(ally)tired

ArsenalMD Game profile

Feb 25th 2013, 13:34:12

how quickly people forget =(

Magellaan Game profile

Feb 25th 2013, 14:00:01

Originally posted by Erian:

Maybe because he's been playing with us in LaF for over 10 years and mostly done great stuff? Not my call, but I'd certainly give him another chance if it was...

The nicest way I can put it is that what you're saying is retarded.
Not MD, fake Magellaan.

JamesBond007 Game profile

Feb 25th 2013, 15:36:27

bonus post :D

NukEvil Game profile

Feb 25th 2013, 15:54:08

Originally posted by Erian:

Why do people insist on being stupid? The guy logged into the game's back-end database. He also logged into the back-end databases for Boxcar and qzGT. He copied the entire posts table for qzGT and saved them to his computer. Countries were modified (either by Hanlong or by TurtleCrawler) to make them un-hittable and more or less un-killable. The database logs were set on a rotating basis for a very short period of time, so who knows what else he was doing in there, and for how long.

And, not even a year afterwards, some LaF members are saying "YEAH, BUT HE DID SO MANY GOOD THINGS" and diplomatically leaving out the all-important "FOR LAF LAR~~" while desperately clutching at straws for any "wrong" information they can find to discredit the other side. And SoF are still supporting them throughout all this. Why does LaF still exist?
I am a troll. Everything I say must be assumed to be said solely to provoke an exaggerated reaction to the current topic. I fully intend to bring absolutely no substance to any discussion, ongoing or otherwise. Conversing with me is pointless.

Forgotten

Feb 25th 2013, 16:00:44

So the question comes a full circle,

how come the current abuse gets to slide by? Is it because qz isn't a LaF member?

Now I get it, it's only wrong if your in LaF!
~LaF's Retired Janitor~

TAN Game profile

Feb 25th 2013, 16:01:55

It's sad to say, but LaF is a huge reason (but not the only reason) why I left the game.

When you have all these sheep in LaF worshipping Hanlong - who has access to their senate board, no less - it is indicative of the mental decay of the players currently around.

There is no "grey" area with Hanlong. He STRAIGHT UP CHEATED. And you have these fools defending him and putting him up on a pedestal in their own forums. Bollocks on them and their clan (save a few good people).
FREEEEEDOM!!!

Forgotten

Feb 25th 2013, 16:10:27

TAN, you never left the game, don't lie.

Also, LaF does not have a senate board, and I have just checked his access, he doesn't have any access other than to Werewolf and a retirement forum.

So what more do you want, you want us to completely remove access for a guy who has serviced the alliance for 10+ years?

Or do you want us to remove access for a guy who uses our forums and messaging system to keep in touch with some of his high school friends?

this is getting overboard, you want him out of the game, he is out, you cannot ask us to abandon a friend we made in the game.

would you disown one of your best friends if he was accused of murder?

people who love to troll on AT got butt hurt because LaF killed them over in game issues. And now they want LaF to disband because of something that happened over a year ago.

WHy don't you guys go get the US government disbanded because they have yet to find a SINGLE WMD?!
~LaF's Retired Janitor~

TAN Game profile

Feb 25th 2013, 16:21:12

My access is limited and I've only been logging in to finish off any mafia games I was in. I didn't even have enough access to see that I won a bunch of emo awards. I probably won't log in anymore after once or twice more in the next couple of days. So yes, I have left the game. I only came to AT to see what Tisya was referring to when she posted the thread, "Anyone want to save me from humiliation?"

Regarding Hanlong, well that's changed. As of the first week of December 2012, he still had Head access in LaF.

If my friend committed murder, he wouldn't be my friend anymore (assuming it was intentional), just like if my friend started beating his wife, I'd call the cops and wouldn't be his friend anymore. If my friend stole money from me, I wouldn't be his friend anymore. If my friend had a secret life of fraud, I wouldn't be his friend anymore...ad infinitum.

You know why? Because the friends I keep have integrity. So keep being a Hanlong apologist. Keep saying "Yeah well he cheated BUT he's my friend".

Well screw you too, along with anyone else who keeps cheating friends. In my eyes, you are just as responsible as he is because you are promoting and rewarding his despicable behavior.

So go ahead and worship him as much as you want, but YOUR mentality is partially one of the reasons why this game is a piece of fluff - and unfortunately, so are half the people who play it.
FREEEEEDOM!!!

Kalick Game profile

Feb 25th 2013, 16:26:47

I would probably disown one of my best friends if he were guilty of murder.

Son Goku Game profile

Feb 25th 2013, 16:33:48

We need H4 to ignore you again so you can go be an enormous baby in another game.

TAN Game profile

Feb 25th 2013, 16:37:00

I'd rather be an enormous baby in another game than play here with cheaters and their sympathizers. Don't you have a database to peruse?
FREEEEEDOM!!!

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Feb 25th 2013, 16:44:01

Forgotten, I'm not enjoying your spin or trying to leverage our friendship to get me to not post things here. In fact, it had the opposite effect as I had forgotten about this thread after my one post on it :p

Also, LaF does not have a senate board, and I have just checked his access, he doesn't have any access other than to Werewolf and a retirement forum.

Nomenclature problem; LaF Council board == PDM Senate board
Also, FR == FA in other clans -- FYI. :p

So what more do you want, you want us to completely remove access for a guy who has serviced the alliance for 10+ years?

Or do you want us to remove access for a guy who uses our forums and messaging system to keep in touch with some of his high school friends?

Considering that another 10ish year LaF member (who was actually around and active for the 6-7 years in the middle...) lost site + Facbeook access -- something actually used to chat with friends -- for posting an opinion that didn't align with the current regime's mindset and/or for not coddling fluffty actions by a LaF leader that came to light a few days later, ya... the guy doing massive cheating under everyone's noses should probably go too. Or something more than "good job, lay low for a while".

No, but I also wouldn't go out in public and tell everyone how he shouldn't go to jail, wasn't such a bad thing, etc, etc.... bad analogy! :p

people who love to troll on AT got butt hurt because LaF killed them over in game issues. And now they want LaF to disband because of something that happened over a year ago.

People, myself included, have legitimate beefs with things LaF has done or facilitated over the last year or two. What about just flat out being a liar/bad friend?

The overall position Laf has, and has been explicitly told to me, was that LaF would take one set of beating for it, but would then demand that everyone move on and go back to trying to run the server without regard for the health and wellbeing therein. The positions you're taking in this thread could not be more unfortunate.

I love LaF -- I was one of the biggest LaF supporters in the history of the game. My contributions to both Boxcar and this game was expressly to provide the LaF community a home. But Hanlong and those who support him and his actions have turned LaF from a place I used to be proud to be part of to a place that I look back on fondly.
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff
pangaea [at] earthempires [dot] com

Boxcar - Earth Empires Clan & Alliance Hosting
http://www.boxcarhosting.com

Son Goku Game profile

Feb 25th 2013, 16:54:29

Originally posted by Pang:
The overall position Laf has, and has been explicitly told to me, was that LaF would take one set of beating for it, but would then demand that everyone move on and go back to trying to run the server without regard for the health and wellbeing therein.

That one reset beating was the same decision the entire server agreed with, except for those who wished to exploit the events for political gain. A statement you, Pang, also agree with.

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Feb 25th 2013, 17:03:11

Originally posted by Son Goku:
The overall position Laf has, and has been explicitly told to me, was that LaF would take one set of beating for it, but would then demand that everyone move on and go back to trying to run the server without regard for the health and wellbeing therein.

That one reset beating was the same decision the entire server agreed with, except for those who wished to exploit the events for political gain. A statement you, Pang, also agree with.

my point is not that LaF should be beat down over it, but merely that you can't expect everyone else to move on just because you tell them to. And when the guy perpetrating all the sketchy crap is still at the reigns behind the scenes, that certainly changes the equation a bit for a lot of folks... myself included. And thus why I post this here rather than rehashing the same thing again in-site.

This shouldn't have happened in the first place. Period.
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff

NukEvil Game profile

Feb 25th 2013, 17:07:34

I guess having TC and Hanlong accessing the databases for LaF's political gain for who knows how long wasn't bad at all, right Son Goku?

Son Goku Game profile

Feb 25th 2013, 17:08:33

At the reigns? Give me a break. I can spew random garbage too, doesn't make it any more true.

I also don't expect anyone to move on, normally they keep it to themselves though. The guy who started the thread started a war just last year over events from 2005/2006. No one moves on in this game, that's not exactly breaking news.

Son Goku Game profile

Feb 25th 2013, 17:11:04

I guess having TC and Hanlong accessing the databases for LaF's political gain for who knows how long wasn't bad at all, right Son Goku?

Accessing the database without permission is a serious offense and should always be treated as such.

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Feb 25th 2013, 17:14:29

At the reigns? Give me a break. I can spew random garbage too, doesn't make it any more true.

you could... but this one is actually true. heads channel, heads forum, warchat running, tool building, friends IRL running the alliance, etc, etc

for someone who told me he was quitting the game for good when this happened, it sure doesn't sound like that had any grain of truth to it :p
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff

TAN Game profile

Feb 25th 2013, 17:14:41

A serious offense for whom? Apparently not for you, because he still enjoys head access.
FREEEEEDOM!!!

NukEvil Game profile

Feb 25th 2013, 17:16:54

So you're saying that even though Hanlong got to access those databases for LaF's gain for multiple resets, that the retribution for doing so and getting caught should all take place over one single reset? Is that how you were able to keep SoF in line?

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Feb 25th 2013, 17:18:15

Accessing the database without permission is a serious offense and should always be treated as such.

A serious offense... or great planning coup? :p
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff

Son Goku Game profile

Feb 25th 2013, 17:21:11

you could... but this one is actually true. heads channel, heads forum, warchat running, tool building, friends IRL running the alliance, etc, etc

for someone who told me he was quitting the game for good when this happened, it sure doesn't sound like that had any grain of truth to it :p

I'll inform all his RL friends that they should sever all contact over actions in Earth Empires, lol.

Nothing anyone says will make you change your mind, you're still stuck on the idea that LaF is nefariously manipulating the server. Must be all that netgaining we've been doing.

Son Goku Game profile

Feb 25th 2013, 17:23:40

So you're saying that even though Hanlong got to access those databases for LaF's gain for multiple resets, that the retribution for doing so and getting caught should all take place over one single reset? Is that how you were able to keep SoF in line?

That was the consensus myself and other leaders from neutral alliances came up with, yes.

You're welcome to disagree, but the majority of the server (those with influence anyways) agreed.

Is this a Q&A now? Feel free to find me on LaF's IRC if you really care, or you can keep grandstanding here.

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Feb 25th 2013, 17:30:34

I'll inform all his RL friends that they should sever all contact over actions in Earth Empires, lol.

Nothing anyone says will make you change your mind, you're still stuck on the idea that LaF is nefariously manipulating the server. Must be all that netgaining we've been doing.

What? I don't think LaF is nefariously manipulating the server... I just think that there has been a lot of misinformation and double-speak around this topic brought forward by LaF'ers. There's been lots of misinformation and spin brought forward by non-LaF'ers too, but that doesn't minimize what actually happened.

I do think that -- as a leadership group -- you guys don't treat this issue with the gravity you should have, up to and including this post. I think THAT is the main message most non-LaF folks (and some LaF folks like me) are trying to get across to you. Minimize it all you want; this was the biggest scandal in EE's history.

In my opinion, as someone who had visibility into leadership when this was going on and as someone who is currently playing in LaF to hang out with some friends before I pack it in for good, is that the response wasn't at all about doing anything positive for the game, community or even LaF itself -- it was about how to get over the short term bump before continuing to keep a foot on the throat of anyone who may even threaten LaF and Ally's ill-gotten position.
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff

enshula Game profile

EE Patron

Feb 25th 2013, 17:30:51

you really think hanlongs running laf?

i bet half his reaction was 'oh yay im forced to take multiple steps back from leadership'

elvesrus

Feb 25th 2013, 17:32:11

That's really bad wording talking about someone in San Francisco...
Originally posted by crest23:
Elves is a douche on every server.

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Feb 25th 2013, 17:33:58

That was the consensus myself and other leaders from neutral alliances came up with, yes.

You're welcome to disagree, but the majority of the server (those with influence anyways) agreed.

So you basically went to your allies and people scared of LaF/SoF bullying but not yet at war to confirm that no one was going to keep gang-banging you beyond the one round before you accepted that as a desirable outcome?

Cool beans. :p
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff

tellarion Game profile

Feb 25th 2013, 17:43:09

KJ didn't do anything nearly as bad as Hanlong, and we still permabanned him from Evo. He doesn't even have access to inactives boards or anything. And this is someone who had been with Evo for years and was one of the driving forces that led to Evo getting multiple triple crowns...

NukEvil Game profile

Feb 25th 2013, 17:43:26

So you basically went to your allies and people scared of LaF/SoF bullying but not yet at war to confirm that no one was going to keep gang-banging you beyond the one round before you accepted that as a desirable outcome?

Cool beans. :p

I was trying to think of how to say that, but I gave up. Besides, I also spoke to a couple neutral alliances shortly after the reset where LaF was beat down ended (not Evo, SOL, MD, etc) and got a very different suggestion on where we should shove LaF's leadership.

NukEvil Game profile

Feb 25th 2013, 17:47:02

Originally posted by tellarion:
KJ didn't do anything nearly as bad as Hanlong, and we still permabanned him from Evo. He doesn't even have access to inactives boards or anything. And this is someone who had been with Evo for years and was one of the driving forces that led to Evo getting multiple triple crowns...

MULTIPLE triple crowns? In EE? In the sole interest of popping bubbles, I certainly do not regret reminding you that EVO only got ONE triple crown. The first triple crown EE has ever seen, but one nonetheless. I believe EVO got several double crowns around that time. I think someone needs to read the history board. You HAVE at least kept that up to date since I left, right?

H4xOr WaNgEr Game profile

Forum Moderator

Feb 25th 2013, 17:50:23

Originally posted by TAN:

If my friend committed murder, he wouldn't be my friend anymore (assuming it was intentional), just like if my friend started beating his wife, I'd call the cops and wouldn't be his friend anymore. If my friend stole money from me, I wouldn't be his friend anymore. If my friend had a secret life of fraud, I wouldn't be his friend anymore...ad infinitum.

You know why? Because the friends I keep have integrity. So keep being a Hanlong apologist. Keep saying "Yeah well he cheated BUT he's my friend".

I'm amazed how often I have to point this out to you, but you realize this is just a damn game, right?

Hanlong doesn't play EE in LaF anymore. LaF has existed for over 15 years and operates in many places outside of EE, including other games, RL social events and even RL business interactions.

The fact that you believe so strongly people must write off someone they've been friends with for 15 years over cheating in an online game, coupled with all your other ridiculous statements that show you place far too high of a moral priority on this online game, shows that your priorities are seriously out of touch. As a result I believe, and I'm not being sarcastic when I say this, that you may need to seek help heh.

NukEvil Game profile

Feb 25th 2013, 18:00:46

Hitler and the Nazis.

May as well get that over with.