Verified:

martian Game profile

Game Moderator
Mod Boss

Apr 3rd 2023, 14:52:38

I've been following this whole mod conspiracy thing for a while.

The accusations about a mod accessing the game database to uncover a FA chain are a bit farfetched.

Let me explain why:

Nothing that was done was hard to do without any kid of DB access
Also Gerdler openly shared how they did it via screen shots.. alliance spy is a valid game action. There are other ways to figure this out without cheating.
Also the only access Gerdler has is: is editing the forum posts, deleting the forum posts, and banning people on the forums.

Nothing that was done would be unusual to be done during a war (I know from experience).

People have loose lips

People like to spread rumors and misdirect.

Just because you don't like what was done, doesn't mean it is against the rules.

No mod with actual alliance server access is leading anything in alliance.

If I were to run an FS I promise you a complete tag kill i 30 second tag kill or less.. or more likely all your countries would be renamed :P

We select the mods carefully and they are all doing so on a volunteer basis.

And now what we have really come here to see...

FULL FRONTAL NUDITY err I mean:
ICE CREAM BREAD!
2 CUPS OF FULL FAT ICECREAM
LET IT GET SOFT
BEAT IN A 1.5 CUP OF FLOUR
and 1.5 PERCENT OF BAKING POWDER
AND ADD SPRINKLES.. LOTS OF SPRINKLES

BAKE AT 350 for 45 minutes.

AND fluffY WUFFY GOODNESS

++martian

Edited By: martian on Apr 3rd 2023, 15:10:18
See Original Post
you are all special in the eyes of fluff
(|(|
( ._.) -----)-->
(_(' )(' )

RUN IT IS A KILLER BUNNY!!!

BlackHole Game profile

Apr 3rd 2023, 14:58:20

So you're saying superfly, coalie, weezy, sui, and the rest of the brigade of batfluff crazy bastards (bobbs, as I'll call them) is just running their mouths for no reason? Spreading lies for no reason?

I'm so surprised!

galleri Game profile

Game Moderator
Primary, Express, Tourney, & FFA

Apr 3rd 2023, 15:05:28

Is it mod abuse if I change all the country names in team? Asking for another mod friend.

To clear one more thing up:
The only thing Gerdler has access to is editing the forum posts, deleting the forum posts, and banning people on the forums.
Martian on the hand..... Can delete the game. :P

Edited By: galleri on Apr 3rd 2023, 15:07:29

https://gyazo.com/...b3bb28dddf908cdbcfd162513

Kahuna: Ya you just wrote the fkn equation, not helping me at all. Lol n I hated algebra.

g0nz0 Game profile

Apr 3rd 2023, 15:07:30

Originally posted by BlackHole:
So you're saying superfly, coalie, weezy, sui, and the rest of the brigade of batfluff crazy bastards (bobbs, as I'll call them) is just running their mouths for no reason? Spreading lies for no reason?

I'm so surprised!

There were individuals involved in various aspects of the game operating at top levels who has proven untrustworthy, manipulative, and unethical. "Oops, upon reviewing my own clan I found no cheating. What's that? My team sent fa to each other and cheated during server exploits??! It was an honest mistake. How dare you!!". I dunno man, it's rockets stuff.

galleri Game profile

Game Moderator

Apr 3rd 2023, 15:09:28

Originally posted by g0nz0:

I'm so surprised!

There were individuals involved in various aspects of the game operating at top levels who has proven untrustworthy, manipulative, and unethical. "Oops, upon reviewing my own clan I found no cheating. What's that? My team sent fa to each other and cheated during server exploits??! It was an honest mistake. How dare you!!". I dunno man, it's rockets stuff.

"At top levels"??? Who exactly is at the top level in your mind doing this?

Kahuna: Ya you just wrote the fkn equation, not helping me at all. Lol n I hated algebra.

g0nz0 Game profile

Apr 3rd 2023, 15:10:46

Originally posted by galleri:

I'm so surprised!

"At top levels"??? Who exactly is at the top level in your mind doing this?

*Pikachuuuuuuuu*¡!!!!!!¡

martian Game profile

Game Moderator
Mod Boss

Apr 3rd 2023, 15:15:57

I'm so surprised!

You mean TAN? possibly.. TAN is very suspect:P

Seriously though I saw what you were referring to and the discussion it. The ones that weren't deleted were likely not exploiting it on purpose or if they were it was too little to matter (like 1 troop). Big difference from the ones that were deleted.
As for Top levels of the game? Who specifically do you mean?
There is a limited number of people with that kind of access and none of us play or even really pay attention to politics. I mean hell, I don't even have an SoF account and the only alliance boards I spam or Imag's guest boards.. it's fun:P

(|(|
( ._.) -----)-->
(_(' )(' )

Forgotten

Apr 3rd 2023, 15:23:13

Martian, it's pointless. Haters will hate no matter what, facts and evidence doesn't matter to them.
~LaF's Retired Janitor~

g0nz0 Game profile

Apr 3rd 2023, 15:26:49

Originally posted by martian:

I'm so surprised!

You mean TAN? possibly.. TAN is very suspect:P

Seriously though I saw what you were referring to and the discussion it. The ones that weren't deleted were likely not exploiting it on purpose or if they were it was too little to matter (like 1 troop). Big difference from the ones that were deleted.
As for Top levels of the game? Who specifically do you mean?
There is a limited number of people with that kind of access and none of us play or even really pay attention to politics. I mean hell, I don't even have an SoF account and the only alliance boards I spam or Imag's guest boards.. it's fun:P

"The ones that weren't deleted were likely not exploiting it on purpose or if they were it was too little to matter (like 1 troop). Big difference from the ones that were deleted"

So how many LaF clan members cheated during the exploit? "Didn't do it on purpose", "too little to matter". Cheating is cheating, even if it doesn't meet newly minted criteria. I wonder how many LaF fighters would have been deleted, and could that shift in numbers have been enough to affect the outcome of the war...

DerrickICN Game profile

EE Patron

Apr 3rd 2023, 15:47:20

Lol. Thanks gang for the transparency and keeping it clean. Hopefully the explanation helps.

For what it's worth, I can kind of understand it and I kinda wanna explain why I think people in this game get so toxic with the mods. When you allow things to happen in the game that people are deleted for retroactively, rather than having it hard built into the code, it makes it seem like there's an inherent bias. For example, I think if Ratski and his neighbor maj1 just farmed bots instead of hitting players, they'd get deleted less for doing the same things. And this ofc makes me feel like he's primarily being deleted for "playing the way netters hate." I've played with both players and they have far different levels of skill with the English Language. Like they couldn't more clearly be different people if you talk to them. And while some of the collusion deletes were warranted, some were pretty gray line/mods judgement. And I think given his history with his neighbor, the mods will almost continuously side against him, rather than treating it case to case. And that only seems to confirm the bias. When in reality, if his neighbor hits a player, and the code disallowed ratski from doing the same for X hours, they'd never break rules.

I've felt absolutely wronged/attacked personally before by primeval deletes/reinstatements/lack thereof before. I'm sure he can tell you haha. And while I was absolutely wrong and looked like an idiot 999 times out of a thousand, there is 1 time where I suspect he could have and should have handled a situation differently with reinstating a string of countries in FFA that Warster had purpled. (For context, macdaddy suicided me cheating. Warster deleted. Prime didn't think it was a banned player so he reinstated him and he suicided me with another set of full turns before admitting who he was and getting deleted again.) I don't think Prime was out to get me, rather, he just made a mistake. But it was a mistake that allowed a known cheater to suicide me with 252 turns on a 120 turn server. And given the fact that Prime never seemed to like me, it felt like a conspiracy against me. And everything he did for a couple years after I just eternally expected foul play from him. Like in all the following years of him doing the right thing, I just couldn't trust the guy. That resentment built up and built up and built up, and really it took some time away from the game for me to realize I wasn't being targeted near as much as I thought.

I think as long as the game allows players to make cheating actions and get deleted on a judgement call after the fact, you're always going to have people assuming conspiracy and assuming other people are getting away with something that you aren't. I'm not much of a zealot at all, but I'm just saying I've been there for sure. The way the game is set up, I think it comes with the territory. You should expect the community to assume biases, because there is a 0.001% chance a natural bias will come into their judgement calls. And over time, resentment builds. That's my 2 cents.

Link Game profile

Apr 3rd 2023, 15:55:36

i wanna try this ice cream bread
Link.

I Am a meat popsicle.

Elders
ICN
NBK
PanLV
SALT
MaK
Valks
CwG

Joe

Apr 3rd 2023, 15:59:23

Originally posted by Link:
i wanna try this ice cream bread

Same, martian should hold a tutorial on discord

DerrickICN Game profile

EE Patron

Apr 3rd 2023, 16:01:23

Obviously I say all that knowing that major of a change to the code isn't coming too. I'm not lobbying for someone to do several hours of work. I'm just pointing to a case where I felt a mod was biased based on a series of unfortunate events. I'm sure several other players have their own similar story with mod judgement calls too. Heck, it's the primary reason SOTS didn't work on team and the server basically got scrapped. It's impossible to leave it up to a mod to enforce the rules with a purple hammer based on their judgement, and expect people to assume they're completely 100% even handed. It just won't happen and the mods will continue to be called biased cheaters from time to time as long as that's the case I think. It's just a matter of how bad the claims of bias are, but in reality they've always been there.

Dark Demon Game profile

Forum Moderator
EE Patron

Apr 3rd 2023, 16:09:16

Ice cream
Mercs
Natural Born Killers

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Apr 3rd 2023, 17:07:12

Delete 1a, it's team 2.0 toxic waste
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6VRMGTwU4I
-=TSO~DKnights~ICD~XI~LaF=-

S.F. Giants 2010, 2012, 2014 World Series Champions, fluff YEAH!

Havoc Game profile

Apr 3rd 2023, 17:10:42

what does ice cream bread taste like?
Havoc
Unholy Monks | The Omega

Link Game profile

Apr 3rd 2023, 18:03:43

Originally posted by Havoc:

id have to assume it depends entirely on what ice cream one chooses to use :P

how ya been Havoc.
Link.

I Am a meat popsicle.

Elders
ICN
NBK
PanLV
SALT
MaK
Valks
CwG

martian Game profile

Game Moderator
Mod Boss

Apr 3rd 2023, 19:13:50

I did it with vanilla. It's delicious.
Tastes almost like cake.. but not the cake is a lie cake..
(|(|
( ._.) -----)-->
(_(' )(' )

galleri Game profile

Game Moderator

Apr 3rd 2023, 21:42:02

Originally posted by martian:

I did it with vanilla. It's delicious.
Tastes almost like cake.. but not the cake is a lie cake..

It tastes like h Avocado!

nuget Game profile

Apr 4th 2023, 1:46:36

20 years a go we had RD and their multis , now we have LAF , mods and BD acces??? ... WOW nice form to fluff the old LAF name .. :D

Joe

Apr 4th 2023, 2:19:21

Originally posted by nuget:
20 years a go we had RD and their multis , now we have LAF , mods and BD acces??? ... WOW nice form to fluff the old LAF name .. :D

I, for one, would welcome RD back.

fluff was fun when they were around