Jun 19th 2023, 12:54:26

I remember playing Sim City on windows 3.1
- SoF

SirJouster Game profile

Jun 19th 2023, 14:43:10

The echo of "uh Oh" rang throughout your house for hours on end

Marc

Jun 20th 2023, 4:48:55

... you were diagnosed with epilepsy after some kid from school wrote out the link to their personal Geocities page which was covered in flashing text and neon colours.
<Earthnews> BR - Covid Booster 3 (#53) [GARGLE] -> Neal (#483) [iLaF] 6C 7B

farmer Game profile

Jun 21st 2023, 2:09:49

3.1 and ICQ that brings back memories.

llaar Game profile

Jun 21st 2023, 2:24:13

I did my college applications on a typewriter o.O

I remember asking a fellow middle schooler, what is this thing you call "downloading" we were on prodigy at the time and that was its own little portal not really including a browser to the internet that I recall

AOL chatrooms were fun though, could download a whole CD in a day if you messaged bots for emails that had song attachments and configured your settings to automatically download all files in your inbox

college had massive backend network bandwidth that allowed P2P transfers of up to 18 megs a sec from others on college networks via the now defunct i2hub. used to binge family guy and simpsons, they took like 20 seconds to download an episode. quite a jump from 56k dialup a few years earlier! was quite mindblowing how fast things changed

my 2nd job had some of their old backups on old floppy disks, the old 8 inch and 5 1/4! it was amazing to see the size of an 8 inch floppy that stored basically nothing!

i remember seeing pulp fiction on laserdisc and that was like wow quality!

i played civ1 on win3.1 i think it was, either that or win95.

i remember us getting a 386 and being super jealous when my best friend got a 486! we started with a ti99 and then an apple2c though. feeding in a floppy to play a game!

had to plug in an adapter to my first car's tape deck so that it could connect to a portable cd player, but man that would skip like crazy on bumpy roads

at least I never had to learn programming feeding punch cards in a stack through a machine to see what the output would be!

Zorp Game profile

Jun 24th 2023, 19:15:29

Hacking Roller Coaster Tycoon to work on Windows 95 when it required Windows 98.

Lord Milk Game profile

Jun 24th 2023, 20:15:33

Running from the abominadable snowman on Skifree on win3.1 think that was my first video game ever lol
“Light must come from inside. You cannot ask the darkness to leave; you must turn on the light.”
WE ARE THE LIGHT!

DerrickICN Game profile

EE Patron

Jun 24th 2023, 21:01:10

I think I outran that Yheti maybe 2 times total over years of skiing free lol.

farmer Game profile

Jun 25th 2023, 2:57:37

Originally posted by llaar:
I did my college applications on a typewriter o.O

I remember asking a fellow middle schooler, what is this thing you call "downloading" we were on prodigy at the time and that was its own little portal not really including a browser to the internet that I recall

AOL chatrooms were fun though, could download a whole CD in a day if you messaged bots for emails that had song attachments and configured your settings to automatically download all files in your inbox

college had massive backend network bandwidth that allowed P2P transfers of up to 18 megs a sec from others on college networks via the now defunct i2hub. used to binge family guy and simpsons, they took like 20 seconds to download an episode. quite a jump from 56k dialup a few years earlier! was quite mindblowing how fast things changed

my 2nd job had some of their old backups on old floppy disks, the old 8 inch and 5 1/4! it was amazing to see the size of an 8 inch floppy that stored basically nothing!

i remember seeing pulp fiction on laserdisc and that was like wow quality!

i played civ1 on win3.1 i think it was, either that or win95.

i remember us getting a 386 and being super jealous when my best friend got a 486! we started with a ti99 and then an apple2c though. feeding in a floppy to play a game!

had to plug in an adapter to my first car's tape deck so that it could connect to a portable cd player, but man that would skip like crazy on bumpy roads

at least I never had to learn programming feeding punch cards in a stack through a machine to see what the output would be!

farmer Game profile

Jun 25th 2023, 2:58:59

My wife did the punch cards I was dating her when she was in programing classes any mistake and you had to run the whole thing again.

mrford Game profile

Jun 26th 2023, 8:28:52

Originally posted by SirJouster:
Learned to despise the colors of the rainbow, especially when prefixed by "Mr."

I was accused of being RD more times than a bear fluff in the woods.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

Marc

Jun 26th 2023, 23:21:42

Originally posted by mrford:

I was accused of being RD more times than a bear fluff in the woods.

Is the Pope a Bear?
<Earthnews> BR - Covid Booster 3 (#53) [GARGLE] -> Neal (#483) [iLaF] 6C 7B

Doug Game profile

Jun 27th 2023, 16:38:45

We did that 1 set. Everyone got a good laugh. I think I was Mr. rainbow (of course) or Mr pink. Dont know. Nobody gave us grief over it, it was funny and not ill willed.
Paradigm VP/Senator
My Discord: twink_attack
Contact Auk (Happy on discord) for PDM hFa issues.
His Discord: happytheexceed

henrik Game profile

Jun 27th 2023, 17:29:30

Commodore 64 was great!

Matrolen Game profile

Jun 30th 2023, 6:35:01

Green and black screen. Dial up @ 2400. Typing "hello" to your friend across town was amazing!
Progenies of the Great Apocalypse