Verified:

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 24th 2023, 13:55:48

I can taste vitamin D from the sun. Touch grass, nerd.

Cathankins Game profile

Aug 24th 2023, 14:56:28

^^^ expert D taster

BEM684 Game profile

Aug 24th 2023, 15:17:00

Copied and pasted here on the recommendation I got in this other thread:

Originally posted by BEM684:
Originally posted by BlackHole:
I used to. I don't anymore. Got a lot of hate for trying to recruit from reddit.

That's interesting, that's exactly what I was thinking we should do. I wish I could bring a surge of 200 new players to alliance server.

The game would benefit from a bunch of random new players forming clans, randomly attacking others, and finishing in the top 10-20. I know you all have been arguing over the direction of the game for years, but having just come back, it's clear to me the game has drifted in a direction to benefit a very tiny number of people competing for the top networth spots. A surge of new players is the only thing that will revive real competition here, both in netgaining and war.

Originally posted by BEM684:
Originally posted by Coalie:
Last time a new group came in, we tried to set them up with irc/clanhosting etc. But then cottonball Pat came in and manipulated them to grief his competition and he used as cannonfodder against 3 old warring clans.

What’s to stop that from happening again?

https://imgur.com/a/SedoMBx

Just because it could happen doesn't mean there should be no recruitment. New players are the only thing that will keep the game going. I don't know the numbers but it seems to me there are probably less than 100 real players left and 400 bots. That's pathetic. Placing in the top ten 20 years ago was a real accomplishment. Placing in the top ten like this is like beating a game on "easy" difficulty.

Coalie Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 24th 2023, 16:02:58

Originally posted by Cathankins:
^^^ expert D taster

How do I upvote this underrated comment? Hahah cath

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 24th 2023, 16:07:11

😂😂😂😂

myerr21 Game profile

Aug 24th 2023, 16:47:11

why was no clan gdi a problem? Gdi existed already, if they wanted to be in GDI they could just join it.
Elders

gains [23:16:55] * Myerr!*@* added to ignore list

cloud-superfly: CP is ok

BEM684 Game profile

Aug 24th 2023, 17:03:31

GDI costs money and might prevent you from getting that top networth spot. Free GDI only caters to people trying to squeeze the max possible networth. For any other playing motivation it makes sense to have a cost to GDI.

braden Game profile

Aug 24th 2023, 17:08:30

Regular gdi countries can still be abd or killed.

Doug Game profile

Aug 29th 2023, 20:01:21

Look. I’m not kissing anyone’s ass. But those of you who know me can attest to I don’t do that shxt. But lay off QZ. You have fluffes about the game? Maybe privately talk to him politely? He’s never not replied to me. Even small things like “oh how’s vacation” but if you charge in like a bulldog everytime you’re gonna have your nose whacked by the news paper. Maybe try some diplomacy? Tact? Class? He and Dave keep this running so “decent” folks can have some nostalgia. And nobody forced any of of to read the forums and get all bent. Can we just calm down and be fair? Talk some sense? Work it out so those who wish to have fun can? Ya never know what peoples pains are in their lives judging by just a post. Some people are just plain axxholes. That’s their job in this world. You never gonna fix a 35+ year old who’s just an axx. Nope. You just need to let people go. Embrace your friends here as many of us have real life friends here. As for the rest either don’t read the shix or tune it out.

For the most part, I’ve met kind, decent, honest people here. I’ve also met some who aren’t, we know who they are by now. But you’re not gonna change people. Nope.

Blackhole ill use you as an example because a: you’re older than 12 and b: you kinda get where I come from. This guy can keep preaching and his intent may be honest and real. He was new and corrupted in days. Do we blame him? Or his former “teachers?” But say what you want about him, he wanted to push “good” change here. But he underestimated his enemies and didn’t read the room right. Not his fault. Tho his dissertations exhaust me lol

But most folks are good people here. Some of the most unlikely charterers have treated me nicer than those who you’d think. So let’s move on. Bitxh moan and complain away.‘let’s be thankful there’s a game to play and a place to meet.

Maybe some tweaking needs done. Sure. But do we gotta be a Bunch of 30+ year olds and older acting like axxes? You wouldn’t want your kids reading half the shxt you post, now would you let them act a fool online. So why bother? And “oh I’m just a troll” is a fuxking exhausting cop out. But I do love most of you. LoL

Sincerely,
The Amateur Professor
Paradigm VP/Senator
Contact Auk (Happy on discord) for PDM hFa issues.

Doug Game profile

Aug 29th 2023, 20:01:44

You jerks made me do a tl:dr dr kinda shxt lol
But when Doug preaches it’s usually decent lol 🏳️🏳️

Edited By: Doug on Aug 29th 2023, 20:09:07
Paradigm VP/Senator

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 29th 2023, 20:03:16

I didn't read it.

Doug Game profile

Aug 29th 2023, 20:04:23

Originally posted by Requiem:
I didn't read it.

Jerk lol
Paradigm VP/Senator

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 29th 2023, 20:55:26

I’m exceptionally lazy :p Ask Derrick

BlackHole Game profile

Aug 29th 2023, 21:00:01

Originally posted by Requiem:
I’m exceptionally lazy :p Ask Derrick

You do EPIC rides on your MTB, but you're lazy? Those two things don't compute!

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 29th 2023, 21:03:53

Haha, this is indeed the situation we find ourselves in!

I just did a 25ish mile single track weekend in Bentonville, AR this past weekend :D

BlackHole Game profile

Aug 29th 2023, 21:17:23

Yea.... lazy my arse. I get gassed doing half that.