Verified:

BlackHole Game profile

Dec 17th 2023, 16:46:53

I want to offer up a competition format for all the people who enjoy the war aspects of the game.

Rules:

This is a 3 man alliance competition, with the end goal of having the highest total NW amongst KOTH alliances. Any sort of attacks against other KOTH alliances is allowed and encouraged, with one exception. A gentleman's agreement to not coordinate attacks with other KOTH alliances. Each alliance is at war with all other alliances, and coordination/teamwork is forbidden.

The Premise:

With 3 man teams, kill runs will be next to impossible. With many 3 man alliances, the format has a natural 'catch up' mechanic built in, given that if one alliance gets too far ahead, it would make sense for multiple alliances to target them and bring them back to the crowd. But as soon as an alliance is with everyone else, or below them, it doesn't make sense to expend more of your resources to keep attacking them.

This should cause a 'grouping' effect, where all alliances are within range/competition of each other, and keep the competition fierce, hopefully to the end.

Given that kill runs would be extremely difficult, this format encourages resource management and more types of strategy to get ahead of your competitor, rather than simply overpowering them. I would envision a rock/paper/scissors type of competition where you are seeking to counter your opponents, and using strategy and planning to get ahead, rather than super fast kill runs and superior numbers. I think it would slightly mimic 1v1 fights in Primary, just with a bit of coordination possible with your teammates.

The other benefit of this format is that, given kill runs aren't really in play, it can be a more casual format. People who do not want to commit to the time crunch that is warring, can play this format and still enjoy the mechanics of war without having to set IRC alerts, etc.

I will be running a team called 'Crutches'.

I'm hoping we can get at least 3 other teams, but the more the merrier.

I'd like to invite Superfly and Derrick to play alongside me. But if they would prefer to play on another team, start their own team, whatever, that's fine too. As long as the teams are no more than 3 members each.

I think it would make sense to name the tags 'Alliance Name KOTH' to signify to the rest of the server that we are attempting to play a different format, and hopefully prevent outside interference.

Who else would like to play?

Milk - I'd love to see you run a team with Smokey and Taco!

Sui, Coalie, Ko, Smiley Face, Braden, DD, Giga, Symba - I'd love to see you all join up too.

Dec 17th 2023, 16:58:26

BlackHole Game profile

Dec 17th 2023, 17:12:29

I cannot handle the commitment to 16 countries!

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Dec 17th 2023, 17:59:47

👎

Doug Game profile

Dec 17th 2023, 18:11:01

If you typed less you’d have time to run 3,000 countries. lol

Edited By: Doug on Dec 17th 2023, 18:27:16
Paradigm VP/Senator
My Discord: twink_attack
Contact Auk (Happy on discord) for PDM hFa issues.
His Discord: happytheexceed

BlackHole Game profile

Dec 17th 2023, 18:32:13

Originally posted by Doug:
If you typed less you’d have time to run 3,000 countries. lol

Haha fair

major Game profile

Dec 18th 2023, 1:29:13

Increase the membership to 5 and call it Team.

BlackHole Game profile

Dec 18th 2023, 1:59:58

The reason for 3 is to make it so that A. There is a very very limited chance of kill runs, and B. So that we have more teams.

SuperFly Game profile

Dec 18th 2023, 2:07:26

Sorry meng, I got LaF players to keeeeel!

Suicidal Game profile

Dec 19th 2023, 21:34:14

what an idiot

farmer Game profile

Dec 20th 2023, 2:43:27

Idiot? you can't give my title away. At this stage of the game any idea is a good idea what harm can it do.