pangaea [at] earthempires [dot] com

Boxcar - Earth Empires Clan & Alliance Hosting
http://www.boxcarhosting.com

Galandy Game profile

Jun 21st 2011, 16:30:29

Originally posted by Pang:
to be fair, I think the Greeks were the first to understand imaginary numbers

To be fair, I dont think anyone understands imaginary numbers
<[FBI]ZEN> Which is funny...because I am Spanish and Native American mixed....which means I am a Mexican....
<Galandy>move to canada ZEN everyone else does
<[FBI]ZEN> And breed with a Quebecian
<[FBI]ZEN> To make the ultimate snob/migrant worker

JanPaul

Jun 21st 2011, 16:37:34

Originally posted by Galandy:
Originally posted by Pang:
to be fair, I think the Greeks were the first to understand imaginary numbers

To be fair, I dont think anyone understands imaginary numbers

to be fair, how would you spell iMag without the i? make sense?

FutureGhost Game profile

Jun 21st 2011, 17:13:02

To be fair, Apple thinks it is trendy and will bring more iTards to give them all of their or more likely their parents money; and they are right.

I will be glad when the iFad is dead and gone and Crapple is back to being a cult fetish.

SolidSnake Game profile

Jun 21st 2011, 17:32:37

Originally posted by FutureGhost:
To be fair, Apple thinks it is trendy and will bring more iTards to give them all of their or more likely their parents money; and they are right.

I will be glad when the iFad is dead and gone and Crapple is back to being a cult fetish.

To be fair, stop hating on apple, their products are good, hence why people buy them, and i dunno about where you live but i'm willing to bet apple products are much bigger draws to people with jobs, than those leeching off their parents.

Dibs Ludicrous Game profile

Jun 21st 2011, 17:42:01

LOL. but i enjoy hating on Apple. it gives me a woody.
There are no messages in your Inbox.
Elvis has left the building.

Shinigami Game profile

Jun 21st 2011, 18:48:31

No worries, Jobs is like 3rd in the dead pool and we have already seen what Apple without him is like.

FutureGhost Game profile

Jun 21st 2011, 19:01:05

Originally posted by SolidSnake:

To be fair, stop hating on apple, their products are good, hence why people buy them, and i dunno about where you live but i'm willing to bet apple products are much bigger draws to people with jobs, than those leeching off their parents.

Some are good, and for those they are heavily overpriced. People buy them because they were an original apple cult member and since are starting to regret their devotion as they are alienated by over control and pandering to the iTards or because it is fashionable hence just a fashion fad.

Let's face facts
A: Over priced
B: Under powered
C: Over hyped
Choose 2. Every one of their products can be described in this game.
iMac = A+C
iPhone = A+C
iTouch = B+C
MPB = A+C Some iterations even achieve the triforce fail.

All of them are over interfered and locked down too far. All of them are idols to a false god more than work machines.

I have seen more kids displaying iCrap badges of loyalty than I have executives. Unless these kids are bypassing child labor laws I would assume they are getting their money from mommy and daddy.

Jun 22nd 2011, 15:14:44

http://tech.fortune.cnn.com/...s-wi-fi-networks-run-ios/

dang, ijunkfood! guess most Apple users suffer from fat cow disease.

mrford Game profile

Jun 22nd 2011, 19:37:07

I have an iTouch and I love it. No I didn't buy it with my parents money you stereotypical idiot, lol.

I actually use my iTouch over my Droid Incredible when I'm in a wifi area. The apps that are in the apple store far oitclass any other carrier or manufacturer and like it or not, apple is kinda here to stay.

Not I'm not an apple fanboy. I actually used to be just as ignorant as you and hated on everything that had an i infront of it. My iTouch was a gift feom my wife and I reluctantly used it to appease her. It is a great product and does what it is designed to do extremely well. There is also a reason why iTunes is the worlds largest music market now as well.

Wether you like it or not apple is an execelent company that creates their "cult following" as you call it.

Would I but a apple computer? fluff no because I hate the OS, but do I hate on all apple products like you apparently do? No. It's really ironic that you hate on a fad because it's almost equally as popular to hate on it. If that makes sense. I'm posting this from my iTouch and I'm too lazy to edit it.

2 sets ago on FFA I fought an entire war against NBK using only my iTouch. I walled, hit, broke, attended chats, everything on my "crappy fad of an iTouch that I bought with my mommys money"

get over yourself you tard and stop hiding behind a new nick every other week.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

Detmer Game profile

Jun 22nd 2011, 19:45:12

To be fair, meh

Jun 22nd 2011, 19:46:23

Originally posted by mrford:
I have an iTouch and I love it. No, I didn't buy it with my parents money you stereotypical idiot, lol.

I actually use my iTouch over my Droid, Incedible as that may seem, when I'm in a wifi area. The apps that are in the apple store far out class any other carrier or manufacturer and like it or not, apple is kinda here to stay.

Not I'm not an apple fanboy. I actually used to be just as ignorant as you and hated on everything that had an i infront of it. My iTouch was a gift feom my wife and I reluctantly used it to appease her. It is a great product and does what it is designed to do extremely well. There is also a reason why iTunes is the world's largest music market now, i just don't understand why people spend money on it.

Whether you like it or not, apple is an egocentric company that creates their "cult following" as you call it from poor deprived students.

Would I but a apple computer? Fark no, because I hate the OS, but do I hate on all apple products like you apparently do? No. It's really ironic that you hate on a fad because it's almost equally as popular to hate on it. If that makes sense. I'm posting this from my iTouch and I'm too lazy to edit it.

2 sets ago on FFA, I fought an entire war against NBK using only my iTouch. I walled, hit, broke, attended chats, everything on that crappy fad of an iTouch that my wife bought me to keep me on my ball and chain.

get over yourself you tard and stop hiding behind a new nick every other week.

JanPaul

Jun 23rd 2011, 10:04:35

Originally posted by Detmer:

To be fair, meh

To be fairer...

FutureGhost Game profile

Jun 23rd 2011, 14:54:21

mrford, You sound like a total douche. You wish to call me an idiot because I won't jump on and suck Steve Jobs fluff like the rest of you fanboys. I am sorry I like high performance and reasonably priced tech. You are just another fanboi, it's written in how defensive you are.

"I have an iTouch and I love it."
My wife has an iTouch and of all the offerings from Apple it is likely the best and most reasonably priced. It is still underpowered and overhyped. The new ones with cameras are a little bit better though.

"No I didn't buy it with my parents money you stereotypical idiot, lol."
Yes, because I said that everyone who owns an apple product must use their parents money. Wow, seems you are the stereotype of a fanboi.

"I actually use my iTouch over my Droid Incredible when I'm in a wifi area."
To each their own, personally I don't own an Incredible. I prefer to carry as few things as possible with me.

"The apps that are in the apple store far oitclass any other carrier or manufacturer"
That is an opinion, one that is usually shared by you and your kind. I see so little difference in apps personally.

"and like it or not, apple is kinda here to stay."
No, they aren't. Why are all the analysts saying different? You think the fanbois will be eternal? They are there until it's not fashionable. Android is already more popular, Windows Phone 7 will get traction, and we will start to see more Windows 7 capable small form factor computers. I really hope Windows 8 will not interfere with that anyways. Apple will never survive with out Jobs.

"Not I'm not an apple fanboy."
All fan boys say this after they prove they are by tossing insults at anyone that questions Lord Jobs.

"I actually used to be just as ignorant as you and hated on everything that had an i infront of it."
My stance is one based on the opposite of ignorance. I know the specs, the hardware, and the software at a nearly intimate level. It is not a blind hate, but knowing what they do and why.
You will likely never change your stance and that is fine, every company has it's sheep.

"My iTouch was a gift feom my wife and I reluctantly used it to appease her. It is a great product and does what it is designed to do extremely well."
It does what it is intended for yes. No one is disagreeing that apple products do what they are intended. They do it though exactly as Apple wants it done and when a feature is not intended it is taken away from you like you are a child and shouldn't be playing with that toy.

"There is also a reason why iTunes is the worlds largest music market now as well."
Because you are forced to install that bloated, buggy, and invasive piece of fluff if you own any apple product?
I would say piracy is the largest music market now.

"Wether you like it or not apple is an execelent company that creates their "cult following" as you call it."
It is an abomination of a company. It uses it's patent portfolio as a weapon to stop innovation and force their competitors into tedious court battles that only continue to increase the cost across the board of technology. They are patent trolls.
They use their strangle hold on their app store to bully app developers and steal their ideas to add into iOS. App developers are punished with anti-competitive rules forcing them to develop ground up there by locking them into the platform. Should we talk about bullying of Samsung and other suppliers? How about the horrible conditions at Foxconn caused by Apples demands of them. How about being the worse environmental company in numerous studies?

"Would I but a apple computer? fluff no because I hate the OS"
Actually I was considering the MBP for awhile until people talked about all of the driver problems.

"but do I hate on all apple products like you apparently do? No."
Who said I hate them? I just think they are locked down, overpriced, and under powered.

"It's really ironic that you hate on a fad because it's almost equally as popular to hate on it. If that makes sense. I'm posting this from my iTouch and I'm too lazy to edit it."
It makes sense, but the hate on that fad is rarely hate, either people sick of seeing the apple fanbois and there ridiculous claims or people that want to get a rise out of fanbois. I am simply a realist calling in the facts.

You have an iTouch which i do too, well my wife. It is a decent device but there are and have been better ones and there will be better ones in the future.

"2 sets ago on FFA I fought an entire war against NBK using only my iTouch. I walled, hit, broke, attended chats, everything on my "crappy fad of an iTouch that I bought with my mommys money""
Good for you, you bought a product from Apple and was able to use it to perform a task many devices can also perform. You are grown you should have used your own money to buy it, or at least pay back your mother.

"get over yourself you tard and stop hiding behind a new nick every other week."
Over myself? So because I came here with an opinion that is not consistent with an iTard, you have taken it on yourself to preach on behalf of your god Steve Jobs? You are just another fanboi.

Shinigami Game profile

Jun 23rd 2011, 15:35:48

iTunes software is a piece of fluff. We actually have made it a matter of policy that we will not support users using it.

That said, the iTune music store itself is the one thing Apple has done really well. What issues with it I can think of are really more with policies that recording companies have forced on them and not with anything Apple decided itself.

FutureGhost Game profile

Jun 23rd 2011, 16:02:17

On the music and media front I really can't hate on Apple, their store has been pretty powerful and painless for years. They are good at getting the licensing deals together and getting popular stuff out fast.

NOW3P Game profile

Jun 23rd 2011, 16:42:21

whenever I see an Apple device, I think Imaginary Pad, Imaginary Phone, Imaginary Cloud, etc.....

As someone who runs a DJ company, I would challenge you to find something as easy to use as iTunes that can also manage an 80k song library as well as iTunes does. I've looked - there's not many.

So far as licensing and artist/developer rights in the music store - they're rather non-existent. Apple has a very "my way or the highway" approach to allowing artists/developers to market in their stores.

And for the record - you can't judge a device 3 yrs after its release date with present standards as context. "i" devices were cutting edge by a long way at the time of their release, and are still driving the industries they serve even if better alternatives have come out in the mean time. And that is coming from someone who HATES anything that has to do with Apple, in case you were gonna try the dried up fan boy insult future douche.

Edited By: NOW3P on Jun 23rd 2011, 16:46:42
See Original Post

FutureGhost Game profile

Jun 23rd 2011, 17:04:15

So is the board filled with mainly children that can only hurl insults?

You are very out of the loop if you think an apple device has ever been cutting edge.

They refresh their computer hardware often and it is never upto par with the current technology of the time.

If you are saying the iPhone yes, for awhile it was one of a... oh wait Microsoft and RIM had been doing it for years. The iPhone popularized with the kids and teens first. Apple only truly innovated in the MP3 player market... It snowballed into their phones.

I don't know what device you are accusing me of judging 3 years into it's life, as I don't think any device is still sold by them that old.

Prometheus

Jun 23rd 2011, 17:38:33

..................HTC Rulez...............

P.S. That is all.
Quit why am i still posting?

mrford Game profile

Jun 23rd 2011, 19:12:54

mrford, You sound like a total douche. You wish to call me an idiot because I won't jump on and suck Steve Jobs fluff like the rest of you fanboys. I am sorry I like high performance and reasonably priced tech. You are just another fanboi, it's written in how defensive you are.

"I have an iTouch and I love it."
My wife has an iTouch and of all the offerings from Apple it is likely the best and most reasonably priced. It is still underpowered and overhyped. The new ones with cameras are a little bit better though.

"No I didn't buy it with my parents money you stereotypical idiot, lol."
Yes, because I said that everyone who owns an apple product must use their parents money. Wow, seems you are the stereotype of a fanboi.

"I actually use my iTouch over my Droid Incredible when I'm in a wifi area."
To each their own, personally I don't own an Incredible. I prefer to carry as few things as possible with me.

"The apps that are in the apple store far oitclass any other carrier or manufacturer"
That is an opinion, one that is usually shared by you and your kind. I see so little difference in apps personally.

"and like it or not, apple is kinda here to stay."
No, they aren't. Why are all the analysts saying different? You think the fanbois will be eternal? They are there until it's not fashionable. Android is already more popular, Windows Phone 7 will get traction, and we will start to see more Windows 7 capable small form factor computers. I really hope Windows 8 will not interfere with that anyways. Apple will never survive with out Jobs.

"Not I'm not an apple fanboy."
All fan boys say this after they prove they are by tossing insults at anyone that questions Lord Jobs.

"I actually used to be just as ignorant as you and hated on everything that had an i infront of it."
My stance is one based on the opposite of ignorance. I know the specs, the hardware, and the software at a nearly intimate level. It is not a blind hate, but knowing what they do and why.
You will likely never change your stance and that is fine, every company has it's sheep.

"My iTouch was a gift feom my wife and I reluctantly used it to appease her. It is a great product and does what it is designed to do extremely well."
It does what it is intended for yes. No one is disagreeing that apple products do what they are intended. They do it though exactly as Apple wants it done and when a feature is not intended it is taken away from you like you are a child and shouldn't be playing with that toy.

"There is also a reason why iTunes is the worlds largest music market now as well."
Because you are forced to install that bloated, buggy, and invasive piece of fluff if you own any apple product?
I would say piracy is the largest music market now.

"Wether you like it or not apple is an execelent company that creates their "cult following" as you call it."
It is an abomination of a company. It uses it's patent portfolio as a weapon to stop innovation and force their competitors into tedious court battles that only continue to increase the cost across the board of technology. They are patent trolls.
They use their strangle hold on their app store to bully app developers and steal their ideas to add into iOS. App developers are punished with anti-competitive rules forcing them to develop ground up there by locking them into the platform. Should we talk about bullying of Samsung and other suppliers? How about the horrible conditions at Foxconn caused by Apples demands of them. How about being the worse environmental company in numerous studies?

"Would I but a apple computer? fluff no because I hate the OS"
Actually I was considering the MBP for awhile until people talked about all of the driver problems.

"but do I hate on all apple products like you apparently do? No."
Who said I hate them? I just think they are locked down, overpriced, and under powered.

"It's really ironic that you hate on a fad because it's almost equally as popular to hate on it. If that makes sense. I'm posting this from my iTouch and I'm too lazy to edit it."
It makes sense, but the hate on that fad is rarely hate, either people sick of seeing the apple fanbois and there ridiculous claims or people that want to get a rise out of fanbois. I am simply a realist calling in the facts.

You have an iTouch which i do too, well my wife. It is a decent device but there are and have been better ones and there will be better ones in the future.

"2 sets ago on FFA I fought an entire war against NBK using only my iTouch. I walled, hit, broke, attended chats, everything on my "crappy fad of an iTouch that I bought with my mommys money""
Good for you, you bought a product from Apple and was able to use it to perform a task many devices can also perform. You are grown you should have used your own money to buy it, or at least pay back your mother.

"get over yourself you tard and stop hiding behind a new nick every other week."
Over myself? So because I came here with an opinion that is not consistent with an iTard, you have taken it on yourself to preach on behalf of your god Steve Jobs? You are just another fanboi.

you make me lol Symac. how long till you are banned again do you think?

i dont like apple products. i own one and its a good one. only someone as dense as you could read my entire statment and think i worship steve jobs. i just hate idiots like you, who hate an entire company because of a few abstract events/customers/products more than i hate apple.

you think its hip to hate the people who think they are hip.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

H4xOr WaNgEr Game profile

Forum Moderator

Jun 23rd 2011, 21:14:02

It isn't an "itouch" it is an "ipod touch" ...

I've owned a touch in the past (gave it away when I got the iphone 4), so I'm fairly versed in that spectrum of their products.

Apple is ok, but when it comes time to replace my current phone, I won't be getting another iphone. I hate how uncustomizable they are, and I really REALLY hate how they won't run flash.

H4xOr WaNgEr Game profile

Forum Moderator

Jun 23rd 2011, 21:19:32

oh and I really hate itunes, and the lack of customizability (worth mentioning twice)

xaos Game profile

Forum Moderator

Jun 23rd 2011, 21:27:41

Originally posted by H4xOr WaNgEr:
It isn't an "itouch" it is an "ipod touch"

Yeah, that.

Also,
Originally posted by JanPaul:

how would you spell iMag without the i? make sense?

EyeMag.

Shinigami Game profile

Jun 24th 2011, 1:05:50

AyeMag

FutureGhost Game profile

Jun 24th 2011, 2:11:26

Originally posted by mrford:

you make me lol Symac. how long till you are banned again do you think?

i dont like apple products. i own one and its a good one. only someone as dense as you could read my entire statment and think i worship steve jobs. i just hate idiots like you, who hate an entire company because of a few abstract events/customers/products more than i hate apple.

you think its hip to hate the people who think they are hip.

Not bad, but just a touch off ;) Same family.
Slightly different take on your post though. I will give you a hint, I played in NA and LAE with you. I am in one of the alliance that just came back this set.

I hate the company because of what it does, the products as I said I don't hate I even consider the laptops.

I gave you all this credit and all you did was look at IPs...
Poor performance.

Edited By: FutureGhost on Jun 24th 2011, 2:24:13
See Original Post

mrford Game profile

Jun 24th 2011, 3:33:58

i cant see IPs on the server boards fyi
Swagger of a Chupacabra

FutureGhost Game profile

Jun 24th 2011, 4:39:33

I don't think you remember me though. I didn't talk and wasn't in NA long. I played in LAE until the whole multi-nonsense and then stopped playing.

Symac used my account though after he was banned. My original forum account was too inactive it seems. I was Earth Watcher.

mrford Game profile

Jun 24th 2011, 4:45:19

i know who you are
Swagger of a Chupacabra

grimjoww Game profile

Jun 25th 2011, 7:39:52

dont be fool by the rocks that I got

Marshal Game profile

Jun 25th 2011, 21:10:28

iphone's antenna is in 2 pieces.
Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Gallery: K at least I am to my expectations now.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....

iXenomorph Game profile

Jun 26th 2011, 0:21:29

I bought an iMag
"Have you ever noticed how a cat is genuinely sad when the mouse they are playing with dies ???" - Prima

Phoenix Game profile

Jul 1st 2011, 13:34:53

iMag infiltrated Apple and that's why it's iPhone, iPad, etc....

Marco Game profile

Jul 1st 2011, 15:28:06

I've never been a huge fan of the i. I do have to point out though, being that I am huge into car audio, they started building headunits with built in harddrives, they stopped almost as quickly as they started though calling it obsolete.why? Every new aftermarket headunit that has usb comparability is basically i comparable only. Got to be a reason why the entire auto industry, car manufacturers included went i exclusive, don't you think? Don't get me wrong the bluetooth versions are basically compatible with anything via bluetooth, but as far as I know they only sell and make 1 cable for my state of the art pioneer avic-z120bt, that would be an i cable, also with pandora, netflix, and music sphere.

Marco Game profile

Jul 1st 2011, 15:33:57

Btw I got my 32 gig "i touch" as a present for xmas to mate to my headunits. I need to downgrade though as 32 gig just isn't enough. The built in sd slot also is not even close to comparable in load times.

I wouldn't trade my I touch for anything, although I would never buy an iphone.

Posted from my droidx in my tow truck watching netflix on my radio streaming from my itouch using the wifi hotspot on my droid :)

shanelee Game profile

Jul 9th 2011, 22:50:53

wow, is this thread all about "anti Apple"

sadly to say I work for Apple.

Jul 10th 2011, 16:57:29

http://tech.fortune.cnn.com/...ore-downloads/?hpt=te_bn3

wow, that's neato. and yet i still don't have any desire to own an Apple product. wonder if i should check their math? dang, no spreadsheet program on this computer.

think i might have to take those rumors about Doomsday a bit more seriously.

http://www.mactalk.com.au/...steve-worships-satan.html

oh my. i have founds da proof on the internet.

Edited By: Dibs Ludicrous on Jul 10th 2011, 17:32:10
See Original Post

ZEN Game profile

EE Patron

Jul 11th 2011, 12:36:42

Woah....people use to get money from their parents?

I use to ask for things. I remember clearly. I was 8 years old. We didn't have flashy ihookers back then. So I had to settle for the new and improved (8bit) NES games.

When I asked said parental unit. "Dearest Father, may I have a few units of currency in order to purchase Castlevania? I promise to be a good lad for the rest of my days."

The reply wasn't to my liking. But at such a young age, who am I to argue with the straight forward logic I was represented with.

"Dearest Son. Get a job"

After saying that. People who talk about how Apple products are over priced, are probably poor. And I laugh at poor people. I even try to kick them when they are down. Yes I own a crap ton of Apple products and will continue to purchase them. If only to prove to others that I am successful, big penised, and freaking sweet.

So suck it world.

arthog Game profile

Jul 11th 2011, 23:11:51

i just thought it was a basic thought that putting the i in front helped to attach the product to the person who wanted to buy it , commercialising a product so to speak .

de1i Game profile

Jul 12th 2011, 2:24:08

Originally posted by Marshal:
iphone's antenna is in 2 pieces.

iphone has 3 vowels. </marshalism>