See Original Post
Yeah i am a Big Deal Around EarthEmpires
----------------------------
http://loc.ghqnet.com/
-Still doing what i do since 2000-mob bot
V12.╰(◣﹏◢)�

Twain Game profile

Jun 25th 2011, 20:32:45

The better members of SWORDS made PoD, where they're trying to grow at a more controlled pace and where they're generally building a much more respectable clan.

Many of the AoDTers I would guess are now in CC since Makinso seemed to be the real heart and soul of AoDT, although with the fact that they went away for at least a full set before DOOM was founded and eventually merged with SoF into CC, so AoDT going belly-up to some degree is definitely true.

And SOTA, well, it's hard to say they've gone belly up when you consider that in their Earth Empires history, they've never been anything worth mentioning.

Ozzite Game profile

Jun 25th 2011, 20:35:00

do I really have to mention the obvious? the greatest alliance of EE FFA history..LaE/KA
Ah, mercury. Sweetest of the transition metals.

KeTcHuP Game profile

Jun 25th 2011, 22:29:49

AoDT--->Doom--->merged with CC. So AoDT is still partially alive.
No offence i never concidered SOTA an alliance.

BSS,THS,LaE/KA, Dynasty, Rome, Syn, TSE,EoEA are all gone without any direct decendents that i can think off of the top of my head.

Also take into accound ESDs come and gone, Mercs is new, salt is new, SF is new, ares is fairly new, PoD is newish.

If we go set to set using numbers that to break donw the balance of power: 250+countries=major player, 100-250 countries= has some influence and is a force, 50-100 countries is not that powerful but is probably involved in poltiics/a real clan. UNder 50 is small solo/2 member tags that generally dont shape too much
Clans with 250+ member, 100+ member, 50+ members
1st set: 1/5/11
2nd set: 2/3/9
3rd set: 2/5/6
4th set: 3/6/9 *TKO was almost 250 at 240something
5th set: 1/8/9 *LaE was barely 250 at 252, NBK and pan were close at 230,236
6th set: 1/7/9
7th set: 1/6/9
8th set: 3/6/7
9th set: 3/9/11

You can desingarlt see a trend. Early on lots of small tags, then they merged together, and now you arte seeing a bit of the strain on relations from that and some are branching off again.

I think FFA is in the healthiest state ever thatnks to the new clans. Ideally id say 3-4 clans in the 250-350 country range, with #1 to #2 being within 30 countries difference is ideal. The second tier ideally would be 6-8 large of clans between 100 to 200 countries, and then 3-4 small in the 50-100 range.

Obvioulsy when we grow the ideal balance of power will shift, as there will be more countries. But 1 clan up top (liek LaE for so long) isnt great. NBK and CC battling for power here is good for the server, and hopefully we can have 2-4 clans up top so no one clan can takeover and simply dictate what they want.

THats the opinion of a netter though, dont know if the warrers are different! But 9 clans with 100+ countries is great to see for a blaanced server!

I kinnda went on a tangent sorry m0b!

ps. those are set end numbers obviuously its slightly skewed. IE tag killed clans that dont CF will have lower numbers due to restarts not tagging etc.
Ketchup the Thoughtful Suicidier

NightShade

Jun 26th 2011, 0:37:18

When you consider the fact that we have hardly ANY new people coming into this game, and when some do, they're swiped within the first hour of their posting on FFAT. It makes it hard for anyone to recruit.

As far as FFA being in the healthiest state ever? What would really make this game healthy is having more clans, more countries, and MORE people playing. But, this game came around late 2009, when it should have come out mid-2007.
SOTA • GNV
SOTA President
http://sota.ghqnet.com

a.k.a. Stryke
Originally posted by Bsnake:
I was sitting there wondering how many I could kill with one set of chopsticks

Dragon Game profile

Jun 26th 2011, 0:45:01

The 800 pound gorilla in the room is that this game never had THAT many players to begin with. Being able to run unlimited countries and subsequent utter cheating by POS's like Cham and others accounted for an extraordinarily high number of countries.

People like him (and others) really ruined this game to begin with. In our own ways, we all are culpable because none of us did enough to nurture new players and teach them the game and give them an environment to thrive.

I've been back for a little over a year now, and FWIW, I think this game is fundamentally better than ever but I just don't think it's possible to attract enough players to a text-based game in these times.

I WANT EE to succeed even if I quit playing tomorrow morning, and I applaud the guys who took this thing into their stewardship. They've give a lot of us "original players" a gateway to "back in the day". If nothing else, I respect them utterly for that.

Walding Game profile

Jun 26th 2011, 1:07:05

Just make it unlimited and I will run 1k farms

Thunder Game profile

Jun 26th 2011, 1:35:00

heh...you don't already?
Thunder
ICQ 56183127
MSN

2010 Armchair GMs League Champion
DEFEATER OF MRFORD!
FoCuS'D

NA FA/Senate
Lords

Ninja since born....Awesome Forever!

Crippler ICD Game profile

Jun 26th 2011, 1:42:40

/me beats thunders ass
Crippler
FoCuS
<--MSN
CripplerTD

[14:26] <enshula> i cant believe im going to say this
[14:26] <enshula> crippler is giving us correct netting advice

Thunder Game profile

Jun 26th 2011, 1:47:16

MORE!!
Thunder
ICQ 56183127
MSN

2010 Armchair GMs League Champion
DEFEATER OF MRFORD!
FoCuS'D

NA FA/Senate
Lords

Ninja since born....Awesome Forever!

NightShade

Jun 26th 2011, 2:35:40

I agree Dragon, but the thing that kills me is that I see nearly entire contacts lists of people on AIM, ICQ and MSN who've been driven away from the old FFA, be it by bots, the two shutdowns, only having one admin/developer who couldn't be bothered to fix anything for fluff even it if netted him a few more dollars in the process. Or the fact that some tags (I'll throw SOTA in since I no longer have anything to do with it) just couldn't survive when there were two to four thousand country tags back then.

And the one thing that is still present in this game that was present in the previous version were these huge sons of fluffin' tags that account for a sizable chunk of this games players, while the smaller tags and their members are few and far between. Without any new blood this game will and loosely using your own words "degenerate into some form of cannibalism before it's over."

Edited By: NightShade on Jun 26th 2011, 2:38:35
See Original Post
SOTA • GNV
SOTA President

a.k.a. Stryke

Popcom Game profile

Jun 26th 2011, 4:51:05

new players are coming slowely.
and we are seeing more small tags start up and thrive. look at Ares.
my hope is that EE is moving in the right direction

also, alliance has over 800 countries..thats 800ish people in theory. thats still a good player base. they all just have to start playing FFA :P
1A - BLOWS
FFA- NBK4Life

~If at first you don't succeed, you are clearly not Popcom~

NightShade

Jun 26th 2011, 5:02:19

I have been trying to get some of the oldies that I know from back in the day to play again, but with some they don't want to get too involved again, because they fear bots or some absentee landlord of an admin (Mehul) won't do anything.
SOTA • GNV
SOTA President

a.k.a. Stryke

m0bzta Game profile

Jun 26th 2011, 17:12:12

TTT
V12.╰(◣﹏◢)�

m0bzta Game profile

Jun 26th 2011, 17:21:08

Originally posted by Twain:
The better members of SWORDS made PoD, where they're trying to grow at a more controlled pace and where they're generally building a much more respectable clan.

that funny with Dedly in that clan it will go to fluff in a hand basket soon enough
V12.╰(◣﹏◢)�

bastion63 Game profile

Jun 26th 2011, 18:20:43

ll

KeTcHuP Game profile

Jun 27th 2011, 1:59:18

Originally posted by m0bzta:
Originally posted by Twain:

that funny with Dedly in that clan it will go to fluff in a hand basket soon enough

With dedly instead of m0b in that clan it has a %10,000 better chance of success.
Ketchup the Thoughtful Suicidier

gambit Game profile

Jun 27th 2011, 7:55:07

i blame the advancing technology

the kids today dont want to play a game that has no graphic violence... and damn sure dont want to play one that involves reading and math...

i say we start recruiting at elderly homes... all we need to do is talk to them and they would love us

Edited By: gambit on Jun 27th 2011, 8:09:31
See Original Post
Natural Born Killer

Bsnake Game profile

Jun 27th 2011, 10:43:57

/me smacks gamby...

leave my senior cits alone... i scour the old ppls homes for players...
<bsnake> 68,270,386 turrets whats that in NW??
<Crippler> 115m NW
<Bsnake> 38 mill NW nub... thanks for your netting advice.. Stick to killing nub

Popcom Game profile

Jun 27th 2011, 15:17:23

Originally posted by gambit:
i blame the advancing technology

the kids today dont want to play a game that has no graphic violence... and damn sure dont want to play one that involves reading and math...

i say we start recruiting at elderly homes... all we need to do is talk to them and they would love us

THIS!
1A - BLOWS
FFA- NBK4Life

~If at first you don't succeed, you are clearly not Popcom~