Verified:

KingKaosKnows

Sep 29th 2011, 2:52:19

I propose this:

SemperFi has been denied their chance to net way too many times and with SALT dead and the NBK battle behind them, they should have their first shot at netting.

FoCuS has choosen to be part of wars, but maybe they should try to net undisturbed for a set or 2.

PANLV has netted for far too long, they need a friendly.

so i suggest this

Bsnake+co(mercs) vs IMP
CC+PAN+Ely vs NBK+Ares+(what remains of salt)
SemperFi vs TKO on a fight for top networth
FoCuS fighting for average with ESD.

So what do ya all think?

Drinks Game profile

Sep 29th 2011, 2:54:28

Sounds good to me :P
<Drinks> going to bed
<Drinks> pm me if I get hit
<-- Drinks is now known as DrinksInBed -->
<DrinksInBed> looks like I'm an alcoholic

mrford Game profile

Sep 29th 2011, 2:56:55

CRAM IT UP YOUR CRAM HOLE, LAFLEUR
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

jagernacht Game profile

Sep 29th 2011, 3:06:59

GO LOSE WITH THOSE LOSERS IN LAS VEGAS LAFLEUR
they call meh juggsy!!!
AIM: juggernautnbk
MSN:
E-Mail:
http://www.LegendsAtEarth.com

SublimeNightmare Game profile

Sep 29th 2011, 3:06:59

kewl!!
IT'S KILLING TIME

jagernacht Game profile

Sep 29th 2011, 3:08:29

and heck yeah, i think SemperFi need a break. and if NBK want a break too, they should take this new set to have it.

otherwise, i have got no problem with the other deals :D
they call meh juggsy!!!
MSN:
E-Mail:

Bigwiggle Game profile

Sep 29th 2011, 3:10:02

We've only netted for 3 sets in a row :P I'm not sure server suggestions will sway any clans plans. If you want to net do it.
Wiggity

Pandora's Last Vikings | THE OMEGA

msn -

KingKaosKnows

Sep 29th 2011, 3:15:37

Bsnake + co(mercs) vs IMP would be a revenge war with no rules.

CC+PAN+Ely vs NBK+Ares+something would have to be a friendly with an agreed date for start of hostilities.

Hmmm thinking about it, this can be onesided...

CC: is weakened without mrford and Bsnake...
PANLV: is hardly a force...
Ely: is a new clan with no war experience in FFA...

Angryjesus Game profile

Sep 29th 2011, 3:15:43

tko would win total and anw in your plan

KingKaosKnows

Sep 29th 2011, 3:18:06

Hey is just a suggestion :)

I want to try Oilers next set, and this setup would ensure a good market for me :)

Walding Game profile

Sep 29th 2011, 4:44:28

We hope to net.

Desperado Game profile

Sep 29th 2011, 11:55:38

imp will most likely jump focus next set if focus tries to net

Originally posted by Primeval:
pants antler

underachiever Game profile

Sep 29th 2011, 12:31:22

plus, netting is kinda boring :P

Desperado Game profile

Sep 29th 2011, 12:39:18

dunno, never done it here :P

Originally posted by Primeval:
pants antler

ZIP Game profile

Sep 29th 2011, 13:37:37

uh ely out - I think we can take the others on in anw. that will be our fight for this coming set.

now with that being said - our third set - 92.5% we be looking for a friendly.
fluff your 300 Spartans fool - i have 32 of the biggest fluffed mother fluffers made of titanium !!
A brigade from Blackstreetboyz (#91) has invaded your lands! Your defenses held against the invaders and forced them away! Your military lost:1 Troops

Twain Game profile

Sep 29th 2011, 13:59:20

First off, PANLV is hardly a force?

I know we wouldn't have won if it had been 1 v 1 against NBK, but PANLV put up a war effort in that war that showed that we've learned what we need to learn in having multiple conflicts with NBK and IMP in our first several sets to be a good war clan. We simply choose not to war most of the time because we prefer to beat TKO's butts in ANW.

Secondly, for better or worse, this is a server where netting clans have to watch their backs and play as diplomatically as possible with the war-hungry clans. The only netting clan that had a big enough stick to dissuade anyone from ever hitting them was LaE, and for most of their existence, the main reasons for their success was that NBK actually pacted them and for a set and a half, they had massive numbers of illegal multies.

PANLV had set after set ruined before we ended up getting our membership solidified to people who would play in a style that wouldn't get us in trouble.

TKO has had issues with IMP ruining their players' sets a few times.

Even Mercs, who mostly got a free pass in their first set, had CC destroy Rockman, and then were tagkilled this set.

SemperFi is clearly a group of very good players, but in your first set, you ended up in a war. I admit that sucks, but ultimately, you can't claim you're going to be a peaceful netting clan in your first set and just expect people to leave you alone. There's no track record to rely on, and there's been plenty of people to come on FFAT and claim they were going to netgain quietly their first set who have used that guise to try to grow stronger and stronger to try to whack one of the established clans they have a beef with. I'm not in any way saying that's what you were doing, but no one gets a free pass in set 1.

In set 2, you came back bigger and stronger and took out NBK. Unless NBK wants a revenge war, this probably will give you a chance to netgain simply because if you come back with 300+ countries again, no one outside NBK is probably going to have the ability to challenge you.

You don't just get to netgain because you want to though. Even though you can almost always war if you want to, that's just not the case for the netgaining clans. You have to set up a reputation that if the war clans leave you alone, you're not going to end up screwing them over in the end (like TKO and PAN) or you have to be small enough to where none of the big clans consider it sporting to go after you (like ESD).

If PANLV wars, just like TKO, it'll be because we get FSed or because someone has given us a reason to war them.

Rico Game profile

Sep 29th 2011, 15:18:29

Originally posted by Desperado:
imp will most likely jump focus next set if focus tries to net

This is hilarious. Focus is always paranoid about IMP attacking you, but for all the wars we have fought IMP has only FSed Focus once. One time. And that was only because I allowed Makinso to talk me into a joint FS with Aodt after he badgered me about it for a week.

Seriously, do me a favor. The next time you guys gear up for a war don't corner yourselves by leaving IMP as your only possible target.

Crippler ICD Game profile

Sep 30th 2011, 6:39:45

Rico, why do you even listin to despy, he can't even run 4 countries, so of course he's gonna run his mouth :P and IMP wasnt our only option, lol, but that's more for me to know and not you.
Crippler
FoCuS
<--MSN
CripplerTD

[14:26] <enshula> i cant believe im going to say this
[14:26] <enshula> crippler is giving us correct netting advice

Pain Game profile

Sep 30th 2011, 6:50:50

well Rico thats if you dont count the set where you planned on FSing us but CC ended up hitting us both. and technically i think we have only warred you once that wasnt us being called in as a DP. that was the set despy declared war on you a couple months in advance and we FSed you with half the countries you had, i dont consider that a war, i just consider that keeping a word.

we might as well just give up on ever having a real war. its kinda like finding the perfect girl, it just never happens. except in the movies. are you a movie star, Rico?
Your mother is a nice woman

Chaoswind Game profile

Sep 30th 2011, 11:25:50

Rico = Roco?

And as Zip said we would prefer to net a second time and allow our new members to get a better feel of FFA and how to play 16 countries without spending hours of their day.

(also to tweak a few things as well)

On our third set we will definitely go and ask around for a friendly if possible :)
Elysium Lord of fluff
PDM Lord of fluff
Flamey = Fatty
Crazymatt is Fatty 2

synoder Game profile

Oct 4th 2011, 1:25:19

I dont think semper wants to net ;) They are going commie and theo heavy which typically = early war. I think its safe to say they are war tag :) more war tags FTW!

nico Game profile

Oct 4th 2011, 1:36:43

one of their members seems to always run commie startup and i only count 4 theo.

synoder Game profile

Oct 4th 2011, 1:49:00

43 commies, yeah 4 theos, 2 fasc, the rest monos.

mrford Game profile

Oct 4th 2011, 1:51:30

could also be a defensive strat. hace ~50 c/is incase someone else FSes you early and a ton of mono techer starts that can still net if it comes to it.

war clans tend to see things one way, netting clans another
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

Twain Game profile

Oct 4th 2011, 1:54:35

I find that as a netting clan, unless you really think someone's got it out for you, it's better to just go full netting the whole way and not do too much preparation for that exact reason, ford.

The war clans see that as building up for a war and are very willing to take the first strike.

That was one of the reasons given for the NBK/GD war, because we were very prepped in PANLV for a war, even though we were really hoping we'd get to netgain.

synoder Game profile

Oct 4th 2011, 2:01:00

yeah I lean more towards twain's thinking. If I wanted to net I would make it clear that I was netting (ie. make some reps, demos etc...) But fordy is right, just cause they have some commies doesn't mean they are warring especially considering that they probably have another 200 countries to tag so its hard to say what they will look like in another few days.

xman Game profile

Oct 4th 2011, 2:10:39

*yawn*

Popcom Game profile

Oct 4th 2011, 4:39:48

i think semper just likes to claim they are a net tag. they haven't built for netting once, even the first set lol

if u were gonna build d up just in case of an early war u would stay mono, not go commie out of the gate no?
1A - BLOWS
FFA- NBK4Life

~If at first you don't succeed, you are clearly not Popcom~

mrford Game profile

Oct 4th 2011, 4:42:21

commies are pretty good in oop or similar wars. getting caught with your pants down oop with 50 c/is is better than all monos imo. but what do i know? i have no clue what SF is up to, i was just pushing a different viewpoint out there.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

Walding Game profile

Oct 4th 2011, 8:06:01

Originally posted by Popcom:
i think semper just likes to claim they are a net tag. they haven't built for netting once, even the first set lol

if u were gonna build d up just in case of an early war u would stay mono, not go commie out of the gate no?

Hey dumbass i learned real fast on mars server to carry military/spies at all times thanks to your friends "takers". So yes I always have military/spies and if that means im not a netter then so be it.

synoder Game profile

Oct 4th 2011, 10:19:49

ewwwww mars

Popcom Game profile

Oct 4th 2011, 13:22:32

hey dumbass, you can have military/spies and stay mono to net like u claim u want to..

i see u still have a stick up your ass from mars LOL get over it buddy
1A - BLOWS
FFA- NBK4Life

~If at first you don't succeed, you are clearly not Popcom~

Drinks Game profile

Oct 4th 2011, 13:39:37

C/I could be netting. Lots of people have broken 100m nw with them. And if u run it right or switch during the set you can break 150m nw.

But yeah i do agree its not the preferred netting strat and am just posting for the sake of posting.
<Drinks> going to bed

Bigwiggle Game profile

Oct 4th 2011, 17:24:51

Playing a commie in sets that are over a month still baffles me
Wiggity

Pandora's Last Vikings | THE OMEGA

msn -

ZIP Game profile

Oct 4th 2011, 17:36:11

i did well last set with 3 commies. it is called being prepared.
fluff your 300 Spartans fool - i have 32 of the biggest fluffed mother fluffers made of titanium !!
A brigade from Blackstreetboyz (#91) has invaded your lands! Your defenses held against the invaders and forced them away! Your military lost:1 Troops

Walding Game profile

Oct 5th 2011, 3:54:38

Is there away to see SemperFi's tag the day before SALT hit us? Popfluff is full of it and just likes to run his mouth. First it was SemperFi was all Dicts they couldnt be netting and now its commies.

If we had either before we were hit it was 5 of each tops.

We had some Tyr for retals but nothing else. Our Reps converted to Dicts after we got hit and I normally use a REP start for a war later in the set. So you cant really judge what a clan is doing by what gov they run. Clans with all Mon seem to me like they are techers waiting for war but keep running your mouth.

gambit Game profile

Oct 5th 2011, 4:21:09

now now girls, if you cant play nice then i will have to spank all of you
Natural Born Killer

Drinks Game profile

Oct 5th 2011, 4:39:49

Dict is popular in FFA server for netting and warring anyway.
<Drinks> going to bed

jagernacht Game profile

Oct 5th 2011, 4:54:17

i for one have no interest in seeing NBK/SF mudslinging for a ridiculous reason.
my take on it:

1) SF wants to net or war, does it matter if everyone in the tag runs a certain country type?

semperfi 43 commies. 4 theos. 166 monos.

ely has 19 commies 65 theos. 86 monos.

does this mean ELY and Semperfi are going to war? Not necessarily. I see commies as tag protection. tell me indy doesn't provide a decent amount of retalling in the beginning of a set? it provides the ability to pump out jetters in half a days turns to retal. now, with suiciders, i see them as the ability to kill.

2) and who the heck has the right to say a netting clan can't have kill squads? i am in DBD (Team server) and am part of a kill squad. does that mean that DBD is warring? No.

I honestly think the insults or insinuations should be reserved for discussions. Do I think Walding wants to net? fluff yeah, he's a good friend of mine and when he tells me he wants to net I believe him. Just like I'd believe any NBKer who said they wanted to have a break and just chill for a set, or kill, or whatever their goal is. I think we're just a tad above the way it seems we're all acting on here.

Let's give all the fluff talking a rest and just discuss things between FAs if there's any true issue. Otherwise, the talks on FFAT just make us all seem like those silly 1Aers who are apparently running suiciders on each other and busy detagging countries when they could be a bit friendlier :)
they call meh juggsy!!!
MSN:
E-Mail: