:(
Havoc
Unholy Monks | The Omega

rlxdntdt Game profile

Apr 7th 2012, 20:36:15

Sorry excuse for a Viking!

Dibs Ludicrous Game profile

Apr 7th 2012, 20:46:17

the elves were destined to leave anyway.
There are no messages in your Inbox.
Elvis has left the building.

mdevol Game profile

Apr 7th 2012, 21:58:16

not multi accounts....

/me looks at tag #s...
Surely what a man does when he is caught off his guard is the best evidence as to what sort of man he is. - C.S. Lewis

Tin Man

Apr 7th 2012, 22:17:40

bye!

Donny Game profile

Apr 7th 2012, 23:34:23

lol. why not just restart?
ICQ-105967052

Dear Asians who say they're not ninjas just because they're Asian,
That's exactly what a ninja would say.

Twain Game profile

Apr 7th 2012, 23:44:43

Originally posted by Donny:
lol. why not just restart?

On some sense, I'm with you Donny, but if you're really hoping for a netting set, it's tough to get motivated to restart when you're killed. It's easy to put one big country up even if you get a bad start, but if you're trying to finish well with all 16 or you're trying for #1 overall or a t10, once you're even a week behind everyone else, it's virtually impossible. For killers, it's obviously a bit different, since you start up and just kill more.

I do wonder to some degree if any of the suiciders this set are because of some of our preemptive strikes on some untaggeds, but on the other hand, before last set, we just quietly sat off to the side in all the major conflicts, didn't try for obscenely fat countries (most of our guys were going for 16 quality countries instead of 1 true beast of a country), and we were still getting drilled last set.

Someone out there apparently thinks it's fun just to try to mess with people. I guess if there was an agenda we could identify, it might at least be more understandable, even if we disagreed with their agenda (like, if they were anti-self-farming or something), but it's a near impossible situation when you have the X on your back and you neither know why you're being targeted or who's doing it.

I hope it's at least fun for whoever the suicider(s) are, because these attacks on clans like TKO and PANLV are really just very frustrating to the players that wish to netgain.

Donny Game profile

Apr 7th 2012, 23:51:43

Agreed twain, but, in all it is a war game :( can't get mad when people want to war you !

just restart, farm untagged you'll be back in no time, :D
ICQ-105967052

Tin Man

Apr 8th 2012, 0:13:41

or get defense =P

Crippler ICD Game profile

Apr 8th 2012, 0:57:12

haha what's this 'defence' :P
Crippler
FoCuS
<--MSN
CripplerTD

[14:26] <enshula> i cant believe im going to say this
[14:26] <enshula> crippler is giving us correct netting advice

Donny Game profile

Apr 8th 2012, 1:14:14

crippler are you refering to taking down a fence? "de-fence"

see what i did there :D
ICQ-105967052

Crippler ICD Game profile

Apr 8th 2012, 1:22:53

yeah yeah

s and c, so close together!
Crippler
FoCuS
<--MSN
CripplerTD

[14:26] <enshula> i cant believe im going to say this
[14:26] <enshula> crippler is giving us correct netting advice

mdevol Game profile

Apr 8th 2012, 1:33:24

twain, if it was because of our per-emptive strikes wouldn't the majority of suiciders be hitting us if thats why they were upset.

that's where that argument dies.

Surely what a man does when he is caught off his guard is the best evidence as to what sort of man he is. - C.S. Lewis

Warster Game profile

Game Moderator
Primary, Express, Tourney, & FFA

Apr 8th 2012, 1:42:24

this is about landtrading or people just wanting to piss off the 2 alliances that dont really want to be killing
FFA- TKO Leader
Alliance- Monsters

MSN
ICQ 28629332

Twain Game profile

Apr 8th 2012, 2:16:48

Originally posted by Tin Man:
or get defense =P

Doesn't really help. If you have well-built cashers or farmers, you could just cash turns for a couple days and buy up whatever amount of military you need to break someone.

Furthermore, some of the suiciders find targets where they can steal stock (typically late reset, clearly), and end up using the stock they steal to buy even more military to attack larger targets.

There's no reasonable amount of defense that can keep a person safe. You buy 10M turrets? I'll either buy up or I'll GS you. Buy 10M of both? I'll either buy up or instead of killing you, I'll just AB you into the ground. Buy a huge number of tanks, turrets AND troops, AND have lots of spies? You're not going to compete in netgaining anyway because your expenses would be obnoxiously high.

Tin Man

Apr 8th 2012, 13:04:39

shut up twain! all the netters were about to get the market moving until YOU had to butt in!

Twain Game profile

Apr 8th 2012, 13:13:02

heh, maybe the bad ones. :)

Most of the netters are far wiser than I am on these things. I'm just the one pointing it out.

KeTcHuP Game profile

Apr 8th 2012, 13:26:09

or get defense =P

How much defence did K4F have last set? How many of his countries were killed? Most were killed because they had my name itn it by suiciders, albeit a few were killed because his grabbing pissed people off.
Ketchup the Thoughtful Suicidier

Akula Game profile

EE Patron

Apr 8th 2012, 13:42:59

they were not -specifically- multis :P
=============================
"Astra inclinant, sed non obligant"

SOL http://sol.ghqnet.com/

Donny Game profile

Apr 8th 2012, 14:46:41

Ketchup, he had 15m turrets, but 100k troops
ICQ-105967052

Bigwiggle Game profile

Apr 8th 2012, 15:20:17

Man if this set is similar to last then I'm done too .. once all the netters are gone I'm sure it'll be fun here for all
Wiggity

Pandora's Last Vikings | THE OMEGA

msn -

Popcom Game profile

Apr 8th 2012, 16:49:22

Man if this set is similar to last then I'm done too .. once all the fighters are gone I'm sure it'll be fun here for all

1A - BLOWS
FFA- NBK4Life

~If at first you don't succeed, you are clearly not Popcom~

Popcom Game profile

Apr 8th 2012, 16:59:21

Originally posted by KeTcHuP:
or get defense =P

How much defence did K4F have last set? How many of his countries were killed? Most were killed because they had my name itn it by suiciders, albeit a few were killed because his grabbing pissed people off.

well you cant make an un-killable country in this game more or less.. but if everyone has 0 turrets/tanks its fairly easy to AB/BR them..but if u had 10k, perhaps you would get skipped over in favor of someone with 0
1A - BLOWS
FFA- NBK4Life

lakitu Game profile

Apr 8th 2012, 17:02:42

yeah, as popcom and tinman said. it sucks that the suiciders are doing this but why are any of us running around with 0 on anything? letting them 1 troop gs, 1 jet br, or 1 tank ab is the problem. they could hit us with 1 turn oop countries at no cost to them. later on in the set, the same individuals will be farmed up the ladder until the suiciders hit top level countries.

Popcom Game profile

Apr 8th 2012, 17:31:15

but here in FFA that's the suiciders fault that a country has 0 d and is an easy target.
1A - BLOWS
FFA- NBK4Life

Primeval Game profile

Game Moderator
Mod Boss

Apr 8th 2012, 19:53:54

Countries are being killed in an online military strategy game?!

Ridiculous.

Tin Man

Apr 8th 2012, 21:39:19

lmfao @ Prim, love it

Popcom Game profile

Apr 8th 2012, 23:09:12

I DEMAND AN INQUEST!
1A - BLOWS
FFA- NBK4Life

Rico Game profile

Apr 8th 2012, 23:43:22

The Inquesition, what a show!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jbcyiFt5VEs

Akula Game profile

EE Patron

Apr 9th 2012, 1:28:22

pffft - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uprjmoSMJ-o :D
Monty Python - The Spanish Inquisition
"Astra inclinant, sed non obligant"

SOL http://sol.ghqnet.com/

iSigma Game profile

Apr 9th 2012, 1:45:37

Agreed twain, but, in all it is a war game :( can't get mad when people want to war you !

YEAHHHH war game is a war game and dont be mad if some suicide your country unless suiciding is againts the rules of the game..
"What counts is not necessarily the size of the dog in the fight – it’s the size of the fight in the dog"

"iSigma"
<>
Netters Anonymous(NA) ===> Alliance Server
Legends At Earth (LaE) ==> Free For All

Angryjesus Game profile

Apr 9th 2012, 1:49:01

Originally posted by iSigma:

YEAHHHH war game is a war game and dont be mad if some suicide your country unless suiciding is againts the rules of the game..

funny how you say this when i don't see lae being touched.

jagernacht Game profile

Apr 9th 2012, 1:59:25

Originally posted by Angryjesus:

you don't think LaE has been wondering that? how convenient that the 2nd set since return there are suiciders hitting everyone but LaE. either a) they are hoping that paranoia gets the best of us all or b) they truly have nothing against LaE *edit* probably since it still has to prove how good it can be.

as far as "having" suiciders, LaE like every other clan has had its share of suiciders. tex literally became known for hating it. i personally think PANLV is great as a clan, as is TKO. i'm certain blake and ford feel the same way. i dont know if/which other clans are being hit, but honestly, the last thing LaE would want is the same fluff as in the past.
they call meh juggsy!!!
AIM: juggernautnbk
MSN:
E-Mail:
http://www.LegendsAtEarth.com

NightShade

Apr 11th 2012, 8:33:08

LaE had to deal with the whole bit surrounding tag TEJO last set. On top of that I remember five of Ford's countries being killed almost right out of the gate last set by some untagged dimwit(s).
SOTA • GNV
SOTA President
http://sota.ghqnet.com

a.k.a. Stryke
Originally posted by Bsnake:
I was sitting there wondering how many I could kill with one set of chopsticks

iSigma Game profile

Apr 11th 2012, 12:54:39

nah,look at my country..been AB'ed and farm but i just let them do that...farm them later....haha
"What counts is not necessarily the size of the dog in the fight – it’s the size of the fight in the dog"

"iSigma"
<>
Netters Anonymous(NA) ===> Alliance Server
Legends At Earth (LaE) ==> Free For All

sigma Game profile

Apr 11th 2012, 15:38:16

I think its silly to even kill these suiciders now. So long as they dont have tech, just maim them and leave them with 0 buildings and move on.

Bigwiggle Game profile

Apr 11th 2012, 15:41:55

That would be good strategy .. they're waiting to be killed and get those nice start up bonuses and some anonymity I'd guess
Wiggity

Pandora's Last Vikings | THE OMEGA

msn -

Tin Man

Apr 11th 2012, 16:01:15

good idea sigma... but that denies people kills so I doubt they will leave them maimed =/

NightShade

Apr 11th 2012, 16:13:36

And with the new start-up feature kill counts might go through the roof, most likely killing the same bastards repeatedly. :P
SOTA • GNV
SOTA President
http://sota.ghqnet.com

a.k.a. Stryke
Originally posted by Bsnake:
I was sitting there wondering how many I could kill with one set of chopsticks

mdevol Game profile

Apr 11th 2012, 18:34:19

which is why killing them is pointless, it helps them. better to just turn them into a parkinglot and destroy thier troops without killing them, leaving them with no income and no infrastructure

Kill4Free Game profile

Apr 12th 2012, 1:00:51

Ketchup, he had 15m turrets, but 100k troops

No, I had 6mil troops in most of my countries, in my larger ones, I had 10mil+ troops :P

The reason they died for all cases but 2, was only 70% sdi, not enough if someone is dedicated. As for the other 2, a couple of mine were low, only 2mil ish, and I was sleeping :P

But it cannot be argued for the most part, that my countries were some of the tougher countries to kill in the game, and it didn't stop people from trying or succeeding. (For the record, 80 countries died suiciding, me being 80% of their targets), and I lost 5 :P
So many ways to die, only one way to live...
NBK

Donny Game profile

Apr 12th 2012, 2:44:16

well when you landgrabbed me i saw 102k troops and 11m turrets because i still have the calcuations to break ;)
ICQ-105967052

Kill4Free Game profile

Apr 12th 2012, 4:19:20

That was not the break, and you know it :P I had over 15mil turrets on the country I hit of yours the first time :P (CC didnt retal most of the rest of my hits).

And aye, I did have a couple countries that were low, and hence dead, mainly cause in my mad troop building up phase they had no spare cash due to building land.

I think it was an average of 150 chems for the 3 chem kills, and 1k special attacks for the remaining two (Including the kill runs that I walled on others mind you.)

But expecting to need defense this early cannot be blamed on netters. Almost no one has defense at this stage, including the bulk of CC and NBK, both warring clans.
So many ways to die, only one way to live...
NBK