Verified:

caffeineaddict Game profile

Apr 9th 2012, 12:17:13

These servers are supposed to be devoid of clan activity.

It should not be allowed for clanmates to farm each other as has happened in primary with Oden's country.

Had Stalingrad taken just a couple of grabs i would not be annoyed at this however he has grabbed 36 times and increased his land from 18,534 acres to 32,487 with only 2 grabs on other countries for 1,476 acres. So from one country alone he has increased his size by almost 12,500 acres.

This makes a mockery of this server being for individuals and is tantamount to having a 'special friend' run your own personal landfarm. I could have grabbed, if Oden wasn't in constant DR, but with the possibility of being retalled and thereby providing more land for the farming countries it was a risk i would not be willing to take, nor would many others.

This should not continue.

blid

EE Patron

Apr 9th 2012, 14:17:36

The mods need to not fear making (slight) judgment calls. They should step up and delete for this sort of activity.

And this is coming from someone who has talked to Oden and Walls of Stalingrad in game and found them to be nice guys.

Same goes for the guys abusing DR badly in Express. The head mod has already stated that the coders plan to fix DR. Therefore, using DR the way it was used last round was blatantly using an exploit, and someone needs to step in and delete guys for doing that. Players are starting to quit.

Edited By: blid on Apr 9th 2012, 15:02:09
See Original Post
Originally posted by Mr. Titanium:
Watch your mouth boy, I have never been accused of cheating on any server nor deleted before you just did right there.

smlandau84 Game profile

Apr 9th 2012, 14:57:53

I suggest Blid be permanently banned from the forums.

Rogue8 Game profile

Apr 9th 2012, 15:50:18

smlandau84, haven't you been accused of abusing DR in express? or was that smlandau83? I can't remember...

"Through the mud and the blood to the green fields beyond" - Perseverance

Moral Decay

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Apr 9th 2012, 16:01:24

no flaming on B&S, guys.

the overarching problem is one that we're trying to address, but lack of time + complicated mechanic changes make it hard to settle on a ton of changes. we do have some good express ones coming soon, though.
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff
pangaea [at] earthempires [dot] com

Boxcar - Earth Empires Clan & Alliance Hosting
http://www.boxcarhosting.com

blid

EE Patron

Apr 9th 2012, 20:52:39

Can you give moderators more freedom to work with in the meantime, Pang? It seems like most of the top players are quitting right now after the disaster last round, according to this thread:

http://forums.earthempires.com/...ing-a-hiatus-from-express
Watch your mouth boy, I have never been accused of cheating on any server nor deleted before you just did right there.

Pontius Pirate

EE Patron

Apr 9th 2012, 22:30:02

yeah no offense but the "quick" (aka temporary) fix to this is really simple: give the mods more power. there are REALLY obvious cases where this is happening. I know the argument of "how do you tell with borderline" cases will come up, but it's not the borderline cases driving people away from the game. it's the blatant abusers such as JJ23, smlandau84 and Oden.

(same goes for team. you said changes were in the pipeline, but that was two resets ago.)
Originally posted by Cerberus:

This guy is destroying the U.S. Dollars position as the preferred exchange for international trade. The Chinese Ruan is going to replace it soon, then the U.S. will not have control of the IMF

Tin Man

Apr 9th 2012, 22:34:26

ok what about like in E2025, a temporary ban(1 days loss of turns 1st offense, 3 days the next and the third is deletion)

qzjul Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Apr 10th 2012, 1:14:42

the mods can make decisions at their discretion but the lines are blurry and their decisions have been evolving like common law
Finally did the signature thing.

Forgotten

Apr 10th 2012, 19:15:31

Instead of looking into the problem, we have a mod on Primary that demands players to stop discussing about the issue.

I understand that mods are volunteers, but maybe it's time that Server Mods be server mods and enlist more volunteers for pure forum moderation, no power within the game, but here to look at all the crap on the forum and moderate the forum rules.

Then maybe the server mods can work on game changes and such instead.
~LaF's Retired Janitor~

blid

EE Patron

Apr 11th 2012, 0:30:21

Originally posted by qzjul:
the mods can make decisions at their discretion but the lines are blurry and their decisions have been evolving like common law
If that's what it takes then that's how it should be. Just look at the top two finishers in Express last round. Unbeatable scores, both put up by known cheaters deleted multiple times in the past, both of whom had the same mystery account assisting them into DR all reset. If that's how it's gonna be, why should anyone else bother? At one point, JJ's DR actually ended and he got hit for 2k land. THREE MINUTES LATER, he was put back in DR. This wasn't even subtle.