Verified:

tduong Game profile

May 3rd 2012, 17:25:03

1. don't play alliance or care for it so you don't have to worry about me cheating.

2. I'm looking into this as earning potential as i'm always trying to find new ways to make money

3. I'm looking to host other games also if this works out.

My proposal

I have most parts for an AMD based quad core(deneb) or 8 core(zambezi) system. Unless you need real server class stuff which i can also buy.
I have several 1 TB laying around. I think they are spinpoint f1 and f3. Should be good for raid.
I have 16gb of 1600 ddr3 collecting dust.
I have 2 excellent cases from thermaltake that are ideal for a big overclocking gamer's rig or data servers at home.

I can get fiber optic connection with 10 mbps upload and higher if need be. Download 100mbps or more at the highest tier i think.

I'm willing to build a server and host it in my home if you are willing to actually do more marketing. I will host the game and boxcar site as well as long as I can make a profit.

IDK exactly what you need. But post what you actually need here and I can give you cost estimates. I'll pay for everything first then we can arrange payments.
Originally posted by blid:
I haven't had a wrong opinion in years

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

May 3rd 2012, 17:25:58

absolutely not.

the fact you post this here before even contacting either me or qz privately instantly makes me uninterested :p

the fact you don't have infrastructure in place & I've already been offered a variety of hosting alternatives + money to just create one, i'd go with that route.

additionally, the game's hosting is not in question.
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff
pangaea [at] earthempires [dot] com

Boxcar - Earth Empires Clan & Alliance Hosting
http://www.boxcarhosting.com

tduong Game profile

May 3rd 2012, 17:28:10

Oh and i can get my hands on pretty much any hardware given enough time. Vendors give priority to customers and i'm obviously not a big corporation to get that kind of special treatment.

Deerhunter Game profile

May 3rd 2012, 17:28:51

Originally posted by tduong:
1. don't play alliance or care for it so you don't have to worry about me cheating.

2. I'm looking into this as earning potential as i'm always trying to find new ways to make money

3. I'm looking to host other games also if this works out.

My proposal

I have most parts for an AMD based quad core(deneb) or 8 core(zambezi) system. Unless you need real server class stuff which i can also buy.
I have several 1 TB laying around. I think they are spinpoint f1 and f3. Should be good for raid.
I have 16gb of 1600 ddr3 collecting dust.
I have 2 excellent cases from thermaltake that are ideal for a big overclocking gamer's rig or data servers at home.

I can get fiber optic connection with 10 mbps upload and higher if need be. Download 100mbps or more at the highest tier i think.

I'm willing to build a server and host it in my home if you are willing to actually do more marketing. I will host the game and boxcar site as well as long as I can make a profit.

IDK exactly what you need. But post what you actually need here and I can give you cost estimates. I'll pay for everything first then we can arrange payments.

This coming from a guy whos best friend is JJ23 who only GOD knows how many times he has had countries deleted for cheating? Ya, i am with Pang on this one. Were going to have to pass. Thanks for your sweet offer though.

Anyone else here want to eat from a barrel with rotten fish in it?
Ya, tho i walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
I shall fear no retals,
Cause i have the biggest, baddest, and toughest country in the valley!

Dibs Ludicrous Game profile

May 3rd 2012, 17:29:36

can you guarantee that your ISP won't block the ports because you're running a server out of your home?
There are no messages in your Inbox.
Elvis has left the building.

tduong Game profile

May 3rd 2012, 17:31:25

Originally posted by Pang:
absolutely not.

the fact you post this here before even contacting either me or qz privately instantly makes me uninterested :p

the fact you don't have infrastructure in place & I've already been offered a variety of hosting alternatives + money to just create one, i'd go with that route.

this is a public proposal. Not just for you pang.
Anyone here can host another website, we just need your collaboration to make it work once it's up.

tduong Game profile

May 3rd 2012, 17:35:01

Originally posted by Dibs Ludicrous:
can you guarantee that your ISP won't block the ports because you're running a server out of your home?

i'm not data capped. Certain isp do it but so many people run home servers nowadays. I didn't see a clause saying i can't run a small server. If there is one, I can always get the business account which only cost a bit more. Either way, ISPs only take notice when you're at bandwidth limits constantly.

I think they are worried more about people with torrents than EE game. With popularity of netflix streaming and hulu in these parts of the country, this is nothing.

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

May 3rd 2012, 17:35:04

absolutely not.

this is a public proposal. Not just for you pang.
Anyone here can host another website, we just need your collaboration to make it work once it's up.

ok, then why the following:

seems like you're looking to host the specific hosting site I made as well as the game (which, like I said, does not have any hosting concerns to begin with).

You are correct, you are welcome to host a website... but if anyone is going to beef up their home setup to do this and get paid for it, it's me, qz, zarc or martian. If you're looking to make money off this with a home-based set up that doesn't currently exist, we're better off going with a professional VPS for lower cost. Sorry, it's just economics. But the lack of tact isn't the best either :p

I wish you luck if you wish to create your own hosting site though! The more hosting site options, the better!

Edited By: Pang on May 3rd 2012, 17:37:30
See Original Post
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff

tduong Game profile

May 3rd 2012, 17:42:31

because i'm not looking for money from you. I'm looking for ad revenue. I might need some compensation for building a server but I think i got most parts needed anyways. If it cost another $200 then i wouldn't even bother asking anyone.

Also, i'm looking for different ways to promote other things like youtube videos and facebook fan pages. So it's not just for the game for me.

tduong Game profile

May 3rd 2012, 17:47:33

My current gaming rig that is not being used is a quad core with 8gb of ram and 4 tb hd in raid for speed and redundancy.

I wouldn't mind sacrificing it as i won't touch it anymore. IDC about trivial cost. I just don't know what you actually need. If i build a real server, just motherboards alone costs $400+ and chips are also priced exponentially higher than desktops. But again, i don't know what you need so i can't estimate any costs. I don't want your personal money unless it costs me thousands. I throw away a $200-800 a weekend on drinking. I can care less about $200.

Deerhunter Game profile

May 3rd 2012, 17:49:07

I am against anything that helps tdyoung make money- barring one thing. If you want, tdyoung, i will give you 5$ for every time i can give you a swift kick in the nuttmeggs. I am sure there are others here willing to pay 5$ for that as well so in no time at all youll either be a rich dead guy or a unich who is rich. Either way- here is a way you can get rich fast.
I shall fear no retals,

May 3rd 2012, 17:50:22

that's so masochistic, wouldn't it be cheaper to just find a $2 whore?

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

May 3rd 2012, 17:51:24

well thanks for the offer, but I think we'd rather keep it within our current group, especially given recent events.

oh, and nothing at all is stopping you from making youtube videos and marketing the game as is... and that goes for everyone :p

i've got lots of ideas for redoing the social experience, but not the time.
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff

tduong Game profile

May 3rd 2012, 17:56:33

Originally posted by Deerhunter:
I am against anything that helps tdyoung make money- barring one thing. If you want, tdyoung, i will give you 5$ for every time i can give you a swift kick in the nuttmeggs. I am sure there are others here willing to pay 5$ for that as well so in no time at all youll either be a rich dead guy or a unich who is rich. Either way- here is a way you can get rich fast.

DH, you bring nothing but trolling lol. I don't care about your money. I have made plenty and will continue to do so. I'm retired but I'm sure on your best day, you still can't touch me. It may sound horrible to some of you, but I have made a retarded amount of money when the stock market crash. I feel sorry for those who lost their life's savings but it was people's greed and stupidity that gets them there.

Hosting a site with a population already in place is just one of my ideas to start a new promotions business.

Deerhunter Game profile

May 3rd 2012, 17:59:06

Good luck Tdyoung. And to clarify, i have no desire to "touch you" in any type of way.
I shall fear no retals,

tduong Game profile

May 3rd 2012, 18:01:57

well thanks for the offer, but I think we'd rather keep it within our current group, especially given recent events.

oh, and nothing at all is stopping you from making youtube videos and marketing the game as is... and that goes for everyone :p

ok, if you need anything that i can help with then i will. I don't mind giving anything away as long as i don't need it :)

I only care about 3 things. Booze, boobs, and cars. The rest is becoming less relevant the older i get.

blid

EE Patron

May 3rd 2012, 18:03:37

3 things? Wow you're greedy, forget about the cars
Originally posted by Mr. Titanium:
Watch your mouth boy, I have never been accused of cheating on any server nor deleted before you just did right there.

Deerhunter Game profile

May 3rd 2012, 18:24:20

By boobs and booze he means :

http://www.youtube.com/...5DXYg&feature=related
ok, if you need anything that i can help with then i will. I don't mind giving anything away as long as i don't need it :)

I only care about 3 things. Booze, boobs, and cars. The rest is becoming less relevant the older i get.
I shall fear no retals,

tduong Game profile

May 3rd 2012, 18:25:14

i gave away practically everything else :)
I should be called a saint. I donated over 40k to help people in the last 2 years

Deerhunter Game profile

May 3rd 2012, 18:28:37

I believe you. I mean, what else would someone with millions and billions do with their time other than be here on Earth in a text base game. Its what ive always dreamed of if i win the lotto. Only i do not play. :(
I shall fear no retals,

May 3rd 2012, 18:31:03

I should be called a saint. I donated over 40k to help people in the last 2 years

hope they didn't try to live off of that in the US... let's see poverty level is 10k per year? so, you paid for 4 poor people to live in the US for 1 year?

tduong Game profile

May 3rd 2012, 18:34:05

I believe you. I mean, what else would someone with millions and billions do with their time other than be here on Earth in a text base game. Its what ive always dreamed of if i win the lotto. Only i do not play. :(

i don't have millions. I gave my money away to help my Marines' families because they did not make it back. I made it back because they didn't.

I'm not rich but i have a retirement that i don't think is fair. I'm alive and the government pays me 40k a year yet the ones that lost their lives gets a coffin and burial.

I'm in school with no job and make more than most people. That's why I have time and money to donate.

I do play earth and on the board as study breaks. I don't like political drama so i don't play alliance.

blid

EE Patron

May 3rd 2012, 18:35:58

I remember the part about being a 30+yo ex-Marine in undergrad or whatever, but I thought you previously posted that you were broke
Originally posted by Mr. Titanium:
Watch your mouth boy, I have never been accused of cheating on any server nor deleted before you just did right there.

Hopeless Game profile

May 3rd 2012, 18:45:06

40k? bushels or military?

May 3rd 2012, 18:47:11

i don't have millions. I gave my money away to help my Marines' families because they did not make it back. I made it back because they didn't.

I'm not rich but i have a retirement that i don't think is fair. I'm alive and the government pays me 40k a year yet the ones that lost their lives gets a coffin and burial.

I'm in school with no job and make more than most people. That's why I have time and money to donate.

I do play earth and on the board as study breaks. I don't like political drama so i don't play alliance.

i kinda qualify that as a statement that you are feeling guilty about things that were beyond your control. i don't really see why you should feel guilty about serving and surviving for 30+ years as a marine.

tduong Game profile

May 3rd 2012, 18:47:54

I am broke because i gave everything away. You can almost call my house a mansion where it was. I drove away the day they retired me and never looked back. I only took what fits in my car.

My exwife stole my credit cards when she left and charged everything on it as she did not get a job until 6 months later. She also sold my bmw 528 and bought her own car. I gave away my escalade and lets people live in my houses for free. I gave away my jetta vr6, lincoln mark 8 and mitsubishi 3000gt vr4. Well, i took $500 because they wouldn't take it for free.

When i left, i took one sea bag and a backpack cause that's about all that fits in my infiniti. Now I don't make a few hundred grand a year anymore but i have my retirement and the gi bill. My monthly expenses are 80% drinking and eating out. The rest goes to my daughter. Recently, I've decided to stop drinking so I'm not that broke anymore :)

I will get back into the stock market again soon as I get my teaching degree. And btw, i'm only 28

May 3rd 2012, 18:49:21

ok... LOL.

tduong Game profile

May 3rd 2012, 18:51:18

i kinda qualify that as a statement that you are feeling guilty about things that were beyond your control. i don't really see why you should feel guilty about serving and surviving for 30+ years as a marine.

i only served 7.5 years. I wasn't going to retire at that time iin service. I was forced to medically retired.

tduong Game profile

May 3rd 2012, 18:51:26

i only served 7.5 years. I wasn't going to retire at that time iin service. I was forced to medically retired.

Deerhunter Game profile

May 3rd 2012, 19:05:04

Section 8? Ya, i can believe that.
I shall fear no retals,

tduong Game profile

May 3rd 2012, 19:42:09

lol section 8? do you know what that is?

I have make over 60k a year just going to school fool.

May 3rd 2012, 19:50:09

it's not something that they give you just for wearing a dress...
so, now i'm guessing that you were essentially no longer fit for service because you were wounded in battle?

tduong Game profile

May 3rd 2012, 19:58:16

Yes, i am unfit for duty as a result of my 3 OIF tours from 2005-2008

That's not the point. I'm trying to help out pang by hosting a site for him at minimal to no cost to anyone. All he gotta do is make sure is that there is enough ad revenue to cover my expenses.
If i had millions, I would've just paid for everything but i'm not.

UBer Bu Game profile

May 3rd 2012, 19:59:04

I think we've gone through the looking glass.
-take off every sig.

May 3rd 2012, 20:00:16

the best way to help out Pang is simply to get more people playing...

tduong Game profile

May 3rd 2012, 20:05:59

it doesn't hurt me whether he says no or yes. I just have more time to play COD and work out if he says no. I'm going to give away all my computer parts anyways.

TheORKINMan Game profile

May 3rd 2012, 20:17:35

Is it just me or does tduong not add any value to anyone looking to do this? Most anyone who is capable of writing a browser game or other web services would be able to do everything tduong can do themselves and not have to send someone else money/give up add revenue.
Smarter than your average bear.

Juden Game profile

May 3rd 2012, 20:21:57

Why do you give your things away?

kemo Game profile

May 3rd 2012, 20:23:18

ive also never seen anyone posting their clan recruitment messages on craigslist. lazy asses
all praised to ra

qzjul Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

May 3rd 2012, 22:06:08

If you'd like to help, donate! :)

Incidentally, my server is fairly beefy next to the stats you posted up there; my connection isn't as fast as it could be, but we could also throw more money at it still; just at the moment there's no need, and not a whole lot of money.

Ad revenue isn't magic you know, you need lots and lots of pageviews and unique visitors before it becomes substantial...
Finally did the signature thing.

ZEN Game profile

EE Patron

May 3rd 2012, 22:36:10

Wait....so you get paid 40k a year. Or was that 60k....you go to school. or was that you sit around all day....you spend 200-800 on drinking over the weekend...or was that you quit drinking.....

You would be the last person I would ever think about going into business with.

Thanks for serving. But please go to school.

Lastly - I agree with you that DH is a tool.

elvesrus

May 3rd 2012, 22:38:04

sounds like a natural politician
Originally posted by crest23:
Elves is a douche on every server.

dagga Game profile

May 3rd 2012, 22:54:24

I think he meant to say he left the military because he 'medically retard'
signatures are stupid.
Months since LaF netgained: 22

kemo Game profile

May 3rd 2012, 23:47:21

your giving it away but you didnt seem to mention giving those parts to the admins? did i miss that somewhere? also ill trade you my ocean front property in arizona for your stuff if youd like
all praised to ra

tduong Game profile

May 4th 2012, 0:10:31

Zen -
do some research before you start calling bs.
retirement = 40k a year
gi bill = full tuition + monthly stipend of 1900/mo = 20+k a year + all tuition paid

do the math. Hence, why i said i make over 60k just going to school with no job.

spending 800 a weekend does not mean i got wasted. I go out and have fun. I go clubbing and buy bottles of ciroc or goose at the high end clubs. They usually range from 375 to 475 each. Champagne usually run 175-275. Some of my friends get 2k+ tabs every friday/saturday. But they are business owners, stock brokers or IT contractors. But what does it matter how i spend my money?

I've been doing business and investments on the side since i was 20. I made much more money there than the military has ever paid me. Pick up Robert K's "rich dad, poor dad" book and maybe you'll have the same inspiration.

I give away things i don't need. What's the point of hoarding? I bought it, i used it, i'm done with it so i'll give it to someone who has better use of it than me.

I'm offering to give away my hardware and an hour of my time daily to give you a service for free!. The ad revenue is meant to pay the bill and perhaps some extra to cover upgrades in the future. Regardless, i know it will never amount to anything substantial besides buying more hard drives, ram, and upgrading boards/cpus. Building desktops is a hobby of mine. But laptops are cheap and powerful enough even for gaming now.

The only benefits i get is i can run other things with this server also. That's it! I specifically stated i want to do promotions and that's where i make my money. Ad revenue from a few hundred alliance members are not going to even cover a night at the ritz for me. Hell, it wouldn't even be enough to cover a one day stay at the marriott in south beach.

I know i said that the only reason i would ask pang or whoever to cover cost is if they need a server to a specific stat. Like 4x Interlagos chips and a quad board. I don't have that and i'm not willing to fork out thousands by myself for a free service.

I swear alliance has more drama than i can ever handle. Just forget about my proposal.

tduong Game profile

May 4th 2012, 0:16:36

Originally posted by kemo:
your giving it away but you didnt seem to mention giving those parts to the admins? did i miss that somewhere? also ill trade you my ocean front property in arizona for your stuff if youd like

ever heard of shipping cost? From what i heard,some of these guys aren't even in the US. Shipping a big ass desktop costs money and it breaks. If i break it up into smaller boxes to ensure safety, it'll cost even more money. Not worth doing for old parts.

BTW, you obviously have never built a system. Parts don't just go together. I don't even know what platform and generation he has.

You don't have ocean front properties and I'm skeptical about buying more property in arizona as the real estate is looking crazy again over there. Appreciation based on speculating investors is only going to send it crashing agian.

ZEN Game profile

EE Patron

May 4th 2012, 0:56:49

Zen -
do some research before you start calling bs.
retirement = 40k a year
gi bill = full tuition + monthly stipend of 1900/mo = 20+k a year + all tuition paid

do the math. Hence, why i said i make over 60k just going to school with no job.

spending 800 a weekend does not mean i got wasted. I go out and have fun. I go clubbing and buy bottles of ciroc or goose at the high end clubs. They usually range from 375 to 475 each. Champagne usually run 175-275. Some of my friends get 2k+ tabs every friday/saturday. But they are business owners, stock brokers or IT contractors. But what does it matter how i spend my money?

I've been doing business and investments on the side since i was 20. I made much more money there than the military has ever paid me. Pick up Robert K's "rich dad, poor dad" book and maybe you'll have the same inspiration.

I give away things i don't need. What's the point of hoarding? I bought it, i used it, i'm done with it so i'll give it to someone who has better use of it than me.

I'm offering to give away my hardware and an hour of my time daily to give you a service for free!. The ad revenue is meant to pay the bill and perhaps some extra to cover upgrades in the future. Regardless, i know it will never amount to anything substantial besides buying more hard drives, ram, and upgrading boards/cpus. Building desktops is a hobby of mine. But laptops are cheap and powerful enough even for gaming now.

The only benefits i get is i can run other things with this server also. That's it! I specifically stated i want to do promotions and that's where i make my money. Ad revenue from a few hundred alliance members are not going to even cover a night at the ritz for me. Hell, it wouldn't even be enough to cover a one day stay at the marriott in south beach.

I know i said that the only reason i would ask pang or whoever to cover cost is if they need a server to a specific stat. Like 4x Interlagos chips and a quad board. I don't have that and i'm not willing to fork out thousands by myself for a free service.

I swear alliance has more drama than i can ever handle. Just forget about my proposal.

I don't need to do the math. It's called consistency. I also never said that you didn't make "60k a year", but you need to clarify. First you said 40k "doing nothing"....then 60k "going to school". So which is it? Are you going to school or doing nothing?

I see absolutely nothing wrong with your proposal. I see a lot wrong with your need for attention in regards to monetary things whilst you claim to "give all your stuff away".

So let me repeat. You would STILL be the LAST person I would go into business with.

A. You spend $800-$3200 a month on binge drinking while you have a 40-60k yearly income.

B. You give away assets because you, and I quote "bought it, used it, and done with it".

C. You don't see the hilarity in the two following (back to back) statements you made.

"I've been doing business and investments on the side since i was 20. I made much more money there than the military has ever paid me. Pick up Robert K's "rich dad, poor dad" book and maybe you'll have the same inspiration."

and

"I give away things i don't need. What's the point of hoarding? I bought it, i used it, i'm done with it so i'll give it to someone who has better use of it than me."

So. There's that. I just happen to work hard for the amount of money I earn, so when a guy like you likes to flash his imaginary bling like a 40,000 dollar millionaire. It irritates me.

May 4th 2012, 1:01:08

head wound or shell shock. i've built a few systems, the parts pretty much go together fairly decently.

tduong Game profile

May 4th 2012, 1:53:14

dibs, maybe if you run only intel 775 and just upgrading memory lol. You need to look at the whole pc world. To name a few that are not compatible with each other AM2, AM3, FM1, 775, 1156, etc...

you get the point. There's probably over 10 different platforms that people are currently using right now. At least for HDs it's almost universal except for connectors. Memory are pretty standard across the board except certain brands doesn't want to work with each other sometimes.

May 4th 2012, 1:58:22

hehe, i should have stated it as the parts used to go together fairly decently when i assembled PCs. i have been using laptops and ain't turned a screw in a long time.