Verified:

Tigress Game profile

Jul 9th 2012, 21:26:07

What follows is more for new player retention and for those who just want a quiet game. While i can see it being used in evil ways I believe it would balance itself out in the long run:

without further ado ...

Was thinking that the game could use an option to allow the player to choose their type of protection as either 99 turns or 3600 acres.

As long as the player does not cross the 3600 acre threshold and they have chosen land as the determining factor for protection then all the regular protection rules apply.

(optional) This can be limited to solo servers if need be, i.e. as a precaution for clans against suiciders using this feature to stockpile.

However once the land option is selected it is enforced, thru a cool down period Like GDI.

The Land option can only be selected while under the initial 99 turn protection, and is no longer available after turn 100 is taken.

-------------
Benefits:

Useful to teach a new player how to play and manage a smaller country and the benefits of having smaller land in the beginning.

Allows a new player to learn the game mechanics without being harassed.

It's optional to the player so they can break out of protection whenever they feel they are ready for the big leagues.

Happy Hunting

Tigress