Verified:

Zahc Game profile

Jul 3rd 2012, 21:08:35

When a restart gets killed at 1m nw and restarts at .2-.3 with 200cs and the easy ability to grow back to 1m nw; when do you think its not worth killig them anymore. Think the best way to finish a war is ab?
llort orp s`fos

crag Game profile

Jul 3rd 2012, 21:23:27

there is no good way to kill restarts. when they have that many cs and that much land to restart. they can just rebuild all the cs in a day then ur back to where you started. at some point restarts should get weaker rather than restarts just getting stronger as we kill them.

farming br their pop and buildings away then trying to outgrow seem to be the best
crag
TIE President

bug03 Game profile

Jul 3rd 2012, 22:54:23

grabbing imo

Wharfed

Jul 3rd 2012, 23:10:58

land kill the restart. That should solve your problem.
>Wharfed

ABOYNE (vb.) To beat an expert at a game of skill by playing so appallingly bad that none of his clever tactics or strategies are of any use to him.

Cabrito Game profile

Jul 3rd 2012, 23:32:46

or farm em before you kill em ?
When the white man discovered this country,
Indians were running it.
No taxes,
no debt,
women did all the work.
White man thought he could improve on a system like this. - Cherokee proverb

crag Game profile

Jul 4th 2012, 4:54:52

doesnt matter he still comes back with more land and more cs than the one you killed
crag
TIE President

major Game profile

Jul 4th 2012, 7:02:48

in all fairness, kicks ass for the restart though

melvin85 Game profile

Jul 4th 2012, 12:37:22

Lg them and kill than ab restart

Dooman Game profile

Jul 5th 2012, 8:29:29

I think the more restarts someone has, the less effective they should be. Just take CS as an example.

You get 1 CS for every... 10 turns? right. (That sounds high, but lets go with it)

So lets say country A has played 1000 turns, then gets killed.

Country B would have 100 CS. Now lets say this country only manages to play 500 turns.

They have 150 CS on country C.

I think the error in how they do it, is that the more distanced you become from a country, the less it should influence you.

Aka, when you're on country C, instead of getting the full benefit of your previous country, you should get something like 50% of your first countries turns, and 100% of your second.... so suddenly country C still only has 100 CS, but if they keep getting killed, instead of that number going up, it would go down.

Just my humble opinion.

crag Game profile

Jul 5th 2012, 9:02:25

i agree dooman. i was thinking something like divide resources you would receive by number of restarts for the set. so first restart gets 100% second gets 50% of the total third 33% fourth 25%. so there is a reason to kill a restart. at some point your 6th restart shouldnt be stronger than your original country
crag
TIE President

Dooman Game profile

Jul 11th 2012, 11:38:23

Does any admin have a thought on this?

zigigy Game profile

Jul 11th 2012, 12:57:56

I think this is a good tweak, its become rather apparent that with smaller wars (not 100 vs 100 etc) that there needs to be a way to keep them down after killing them all.
Zigigy
TIE Head
MSN:
gamesurge server, #tiechat

zigigy Game profile

Jul 11th 2012, 12:58:28

Or wars will just go on and on forever.
Zigigy
TIE Head
MSN:
gamesurge server, #tiechat

ZIP Game profile

Jul 11th 2012, 13:25:34

Originally posted by Wharfed:
land kill the restart. That should solve your problem.

restart is purely based on number of turns played all set, not land.

Ab the restart is powerful stuff
fluff your 300 Spartans fool - i have 32 of the biggest fluffed mother fluffers made of titanium !!
A brigade from Blackstreetboyz (#91) has invaded your lands! Your defenses held against the invaders and forced them away! Your military lost:1 Troops

LittleItaly Game profile

Game Moderator
Alliance, FFA, & Cooperation

Jul 11th 2012, 13:36:09

On the other hand, right now youd get 250 CS+. So on the winning side of a war, and with 2 FA packages, a restart can farm to 7k land, buy up/ get FAed to 3m NW, and rebuild in a day (asssuming they saved turns before coming oop)to have a fully functioning country that just needs to buy tech with the remaining money.

So I dont see why a restart on the losing side of the war being able to get to 1m NW in 2 days is over powered :P
LittleItaly
SOL Vet
-Discord: LittleItaly#2905
-IRC: irc.scourge.se #sol
-Apply today @ http://sol.ghqnet.com for Alliance

wanttokill Game profile

Jul 11th 2012, 13:39:53

Whats the issue here.
Sure your enemy will come back strong with restarts.
But so will the restarts on your side :)

So its fair!

Or at least equally unfair :)

CandyMan Game profile

Jul 11th 2012, 13:53:31

It's not fair to the side that's winning the war:P

I think an easy fix would be to cap the number of CS that you can gain by the amount of land that you had in your previous country instead of have it be turn based... and you can tier it by the land. Let's say for a 10k country you get a max of 2 percent of your land back in CS so you get 200 cs max. For a 2k country, you could get 5% of your land back in CS so you get 100 cs. Then scale down from there.

What we're seeing is crippled countries dropping land and killing each other to get stronger restarts. There should be a penalty for that.

lostmonk Game profile

Jul 11th 2012, 14:08:53

Originally posted by CandyMan:
It's not fair to the side that's winning the war:P

So then the side winning the war is just interested in the old style of kill'em all and then war has to be over? If you can't adapt to new things, then do nothing but net. But then, you'll have issues with that too :P
Done.

bug03 Game profile

Jul 11th 2012, 15:25:13

I like restarts coming back strong especially when it's very lopsided

Zahc Game profile

Jul 11th 2012, 15:46:12

Than remove the dam humanitarians for gs/br. I wouldnt care about the current restart setup if i was still able to hit the small fluffers. They get military to hit than by the time they are done lemming are back down to 700k nw.
llort orp s`fos

qzjul Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Jul 11th 2012, 15:55:23

Humanitarians work both ways =/ Now you're saying the restart is too strong, but you still can't kill them because you're too big?
Finally did the signature thing.

Boltar Game profile

Jul 11th 2012, 16:01:21

could nerf the amount of cs u restart with or the amount of land.. sometimes i start out with more then 50% of the land i had when i died.. 6k countries restarting with 4k land.. kinda too easy.. not as much strategy goes into playing.. with the successful need to cripple targets (ab runs) cause of restarts values. u can tell Pang is in PDM.......

qzjul Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Jul 11th 2012, 16:05:01

there are no 6k countries restarting with 4k land; actually look at the numbers plz.
Finally did the signature thing.

Boltar Game profile

Jul 11th 2012, 16:07:22

i had close to 6k land.. and im pretty sure i had close to 4k land when i restarted.. im not dead on with the #'s but it is close. i also died with under a bpt of 50 and restart with a bpt of 50 i believe 181 cs to be exact..

Kalick Game profile

Jul 11th 2012, 16:10:16

Originally posted by Boltar:
i had close to 6k land.. and im pretty sure i had close to 4k land when i restarted.. im not dead on with the #'s but it is close. i also died with under a bpt of 50 and restart with a bpt of 50 i believe 181 cs to be exact..

You might be able to have 4k acres by the time you get out of protection, but you are not restarting with 4k acres.

Boltar Game profile

Jul 11th 2012, 16:12:52

SPERMsideEqualFarmlandIn2Weeks (#1096) died

last known land -Land: 5574 acres
last self updated op from 10 days ago- cs count: Construction Sites 80

restarted with - 2108 acres
201 Construction Sites

yes the land wasnt 50% or more.. but its still was 37ish% which is alot for a restart..

so yes my land was off.. but my cs were over 2x more then what i died with.. and i believe i died with 120(xx) turns too.. so no i didnt build cs for a day to get up to 200ish.. i was working 3 straight doubles and stored turns to hit at a KR

Kalick Game profile

Jul 11th 2012, 17:02:01

Having a friend kill you so that you can restart with a better country is an issue, I agree.

If you are just complaining that restarts are too strong in general, you are being silly.

Servant Game profile

EE Patron

Jul 11th 2012, 17:18:44

Kalick-

I understand, the reasoning....stronger restarts gets one in the action quicker, = more activity

its basically like welfare....you're getting something you didn't earn. But its provided by the coders and everyone gets it so its fair.

However, it isn't right for a bunch of restarts to be able to kill a larger country as easily as they can.

That's why I think a CAP is important...so as the reset goes on, the strength of the restarts is minimized... maybe a 140 cs and 1500 acres cap. With enough money to build the land in 100 turns.

I mean, if we're moving towards subsidizing losing alliances, let's put a tax on all countries that make over 5M a turn and have the money show up in restarts too:P
Z is #1

Zahc Game profile

Jul 11th 2012, 18:07:14

Originally posted by qzjul:
Humanitarians work both ways =/ Now you're saying the restart is too strong, but you still can't kill them because you're too big?

Thats why this game is fubared. Most the mods/admins have half a brain
llort orp s`fos

Kalick Game profile

Jul 11th 2012, 18:42:11

Originally posted by Servant:
However, it isn't right for a bunch of restarts to be able to kill a larger country as easily as they can.

What makes you think it is so easy? It still requires a week of being relatively unmolested before a restart can do anything but lemming.

Before these restart changes, once an alliance was tag killed they could not do anything other than be farmland for the remainder of the set. There was no point in playing. I do not see the benefit of moving back closer towards that. The game needs to be more fun to play, and the restart changes are a step towards that.

Older countries are still vastly superior to new restarts. It is not like restarts are killing original countries left and right. The best countries restarts are killing are countries who are sitting on low military because they want to stay in humanitarian range to farm. It is entirely within the power of most LaF/SoFers to be out of range of the restarts if they wanted to be. If they want to sit at low NW to farm/stock, then they should be at risk.

Edited By: Kalick on Jul 11th 2012, 18:44:31
See Original Post

Kalick Game profile

Jul 11th 2012, 18:44:13

Sorry, I hit quote instead of edit. Consider this a double post.

Servant Game profile

EE Patron

Jul 12th 2012, 0:40:08

to jump out of farming range also means to jump out of hitting range....

I'mnot saying amped up restarts are not a good idea,

I'm just suggesting 1500 acres and 140 cs' max is MORE than enough
Z is #1

iNouda Game profile

Jul 12th 2012, 6:30:21

STFU servant. I like the way restarts are structured atm. It makes restarting a lot more fun! I haven't restarted this many times prior to the changes (and getting raped continuously). Usually I get bored and stop after the 3rd country.

justtaint

Jul 12th 2012, 21:38:08

Not true at all. Stock cash, drop NW to hit, buy up out of hitting range, repeat.
SlashMD