Verified:

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 6th 2012, 17:46:35

So Boomer Esiason thinks they should cut him. I think that Tebow could be a great addition to many NFL teams. Here is my opinion:

You have a 6'3" 244 lb QB that can somewhat throw sometimes and run like a half back. Tebow on goal line, or Tebow on wildcat would be awesome why wouldn't you want that on your team?

Hear boomer here:
http://newyork.cbslocal.com/...mo-to-jets-cut-tim-tebow/

KeTcHuP Game profile

Aug 6th 2012, 17:47:35

Because he cannot throw?
Ketchup the Thoughtful Suicidier

Twain Game profile

Aug 6th 2012, 17:50:35

If you played (and paid) him like a big bruising goal line runningback and had a few packages where he could take the hand off and throw, it might work.

Ultimately, if putting him on the field takes Sanchez off though, I think it's a mistake.

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 6th 2012, 17:51:25

He can throw sometimes, and is that enough to counter balance all his other talents he brings to the field? Remember he isn't a started he is a backup. He did bring the broncos to the playoffs last year and he did win a playoff game... just sayin'

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 6th 2012, 17:52:04

I don't think Sanchez is that great of a QB himself but yeah.

elvesrus

Aug 6th 2012, 17:53:30

and this year the broncos have a quarterback that can actually be a quarterback
Originally posted by crest23:
Elves is a douche on every server.

ZEN Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 6th 2012, 17:55:20

I agree. Tebow stopped being over rated after his second-third game. Why does everyone still hate him?

He IS talented and like Req said. He made it to the playoffs last year.

Sanchez isn't a gem. He has a good defense and a hard nosed running offense. He is a mediocre QB at best.

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 6th 2012, 17:56:11

Yeah it's going to be interesting with Manning for sure! I'm a Chiefs fan so I am anxious to see how the division plays out this year.

I've heard that manning hasn't been throwing any long balls yet (could be a complete rumor I don't know). I think for Manning it's going to come down to his health. If he takes another shot to the neck/back I'm sure he'll call it quits. Maybe if he just hurts a leg or arm or something he might keep playing but that's just a guess.

If Manning can be his old self again the Broncos are a super bowl contender for sure!

Bigwiggle Game profile

Aug 6th 2012, 18:22:32

Peyton's thrown plenty of long balls recently.. not so much in the beginning due to the progression of training camp.

Tebow is rediculously overrated. I had the horrifying experience of watching his week 17 game vs the chiefs last year to try to clinch a playoff spot. The Jet's can't do much worse than last season with that defense but I don't think they make the playoffs with this gimmick
Wiggity

Pandora's Last Vikings | THE OMEGA

msn -

Bigwiggle Game profile

Aug 6th 2012, 18:25:57

Oh, and week one Buffalo's D line is gonna crush both QBs. Go bills!
Wiggity

msn -

Son Goku Game profile

Aug 6th 2012, 18:34:22

He's a third string QB right now.

Leave him alone and see if you can improve/fine tune his mechanics and throwing motion while he learns to read defenses and stay in the pocket. Probably a 2-3 year project, if you dislike his progress you cut him.

Pretty simple, same routine you take with any "project" QB.

Wharfed

Aug 6th 2012, 18:35:11

If he gets cut, I hope he goes to Jacksonville and starts. They really need some attendance at their games and he will also be back in his home state.

Being a Tebow fan since his time at Florida(sue me, my uncle is the director of video services for all athletics), and being a lifetime Broncos fan, it was interesting to see him come here. I may have hated Josh Mcfluffyourass, but he was a big influence in the locker room and he was part of the reason we made it to the playoffs and even beat the Steelers. NO DISCREDIT TO THE DEFENSE, who were awesome.

Do I think he could make a good QB in the long run? I don't know. Do I think he makes a team, as whole, play better? You bet your ass I do.
>Wharfed

ABOYNE (vb.) To beat an expert at a game of skill by playing so appallingly bad that none of his clever tactics or strategies are of any use to him.

KeTcHuP Game profile

Aug 6th 2012, 19:01:05

Originally posted by ZEN:

I didn't know Tim Tebow made the playoffs last year. I thought a TEAM made the playoffs. Not a player. I guess every single player on every single NFL team that makes the playoffs is deserving of a position in the NFL and cannot be improved upon. No player has ever made the playoffs without being helped, and carried, by his team.

Hes trying to play a position he doesn't have the skills for. He could be a HB or WR potentially with his skillset. If you want to be a QB you need to be able to complete passes. Maybe even more then half the time. Or maybe that is asking too much.
Ketchup the Thoughtful Suicidier

ZEN Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 6th 2012, 20:03:39

Wait....you can't play football with ONE person on the field?

Must be a recent rules change.

Yes - I understand he had a team behind him. A team that hadn't gone to the playoffs without him the previous 5 years. Regardless.....Doesn't make him any less talented.

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 6th 2012, 20:57:37

Originally posted by KeTcHuP:
Originally posted by ZEN:

I didn't know Tim Tebow made the playoffs last year. I thought a TEAM made the playoffs. Not a player. I guess every single player on every single NFL team that makes the playoffs is deserving of a position in the NFL and cannot be improved upon. No player has ever made the playoffs without being helped, and carried, by his team.

Hes trying to play a position he doesn't have the skills for. He could be a HB or WR potentially with his skillset. If you want to be a QB you need to be able to complete passes. Maybe even more then half the time. Or maybe that is asking too much.

What ZEN said above + the QB is always viewed as the leader of the team. Also if you look at any team recently that has been any good it is in large part because of the QB. Look at the colts with Manning, look at the colts without Manning.

With rule changes and how the reffs call defense in the game the QB has became the most important player on the team, throwing the long ball/ passing in general has never been easier in the NFL. So saying "Tebow got to the the playoffs" isn't that unrealistic of a statement.

hawkeyee Game profile

Aug 7th 2012, 4:20:25

2pt convert every time
Minister
The Omega
Omega Retal Policy/Contacts: http://tinyurl.com/owpvakm (Earth Wiki)
Apply: http://tinyurl.com/mydc8by (Boxcar)

Vamps Game profile

Aug 8th 2012, 3:23:37

Wow, crazy to see another Bills fan on here. Bigwiggle, are you actually from Buffalo?

As a Bills fan, I could not be happier when the Jets picked up Tebow. Sanchez's biggest problem is his confidence level and his poor decision making when his confidence waivers. I don't think it will take long for turmoil to begin.

With that being said, I think there are plenty of teams where Tebow would be a good fit, because he does have value as a player. I just don't think the jets are that place.

Cabrito Game profile

Aug 8th 2012, 4:00:00

I hate Tebow but I hope when the Jets and Broncos play Tebow helps the Jets beat the brakes off them. So Elway can see he screwed up by trading him for a QB who wont be back to 100% form he was.
When the white man discovered this country,
Indians were running it.
No taxes,
no debt,
women did all the work.
White man thought he could improve on a system like this. - Cherokee proverb

crest23 Game profile

Aug 8th 2012, 4:21:17

I don't know if I'm more surprised that there are any Bills fans left in the world or that they are not ashamed to talk about other teams being bad. Whether Tebow is with the Jets or with any other team does not help the fact that the Bill will always be a crappy team, both to their division and the entire league.
The Nigerian Nightmare.

Garry Owen Game profile

Aug 8th 2012, 4:50:32

Some people hate him for his personal beliefs.

He plays great football, and where he is weak there is awesome potential.

Trife Game profile

Aug 8th 2012, 19:31:50

ALL YOU fluffHOLES WHO ARE TALKING ABOUT TEBOW OF NAZARETH WILL FEEL THE POWER OF GOD SMITE YOUR HEATHEN fluff DOWN

REPENT YOUR SINS

wunderbar Game profile

Aug 8th 2012, 19:39:50

that's the thing, he doesn't play great football. If you look towards the end of last season teams had pretty much figured out how to neutralize his ability to run, and finally started making him throw the ball.....which he can't. Tebow is *not* a quality NFL quarterback.

The playoff win was one of those random games that just happens sometimes. They could play that same game 20 more times and the Broncos would have won it again maybe once.
wunderbar
An Omega dude

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 8th 2012, 21:17:54

Originally posted by wunderbar:
that's the thing, he doesn't play great football. If you look towards the end of last season teams had pretty much figured out how to neutralize his ability to run, and finally started making him throw the ball.....which he can't. Tebow is *not* a quality NFL quarterback.

The playoff win was one of those random games that just happens sometimes. They could play that same game 20 more times and the Broncos would have won it again maybe once.

He is better than a lot of the 2nd and 3rd stringers we have out there. Maybe he isn't the best straight QB in the league but that isn't his hustle. He is more than just a throwing QB.

uldust Game profile

Aug 8th 2012, 21:33:43

going to be a fun year.

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 8th 2012, 21:37:58

Indeed uldust for some reason I've been more excited about this season than the past few. Maybe it's because I have high hopes for my Chiefs under the new coach!

MauricXe Game profile

Aug 8th 2012, 22:16:27

Tim Tebow is teh suck. His stats were abysmal last year. Thank the Bronco defense for his success.

elvesrus

Aug 8th 2012, 22:33:32

there is only one thing I like about Tebow.

He makes Alex Smith look great ;)
Elves is a douche on every server.

Cabrito Game profile

Aug 8th 2012, 22:34:48

Originally posted by MauricXe:
Tim Tebow is teh suck. His stats were abysmal last year. Thank the Bronco defense for his success.

Well they can thank the Bronco offensive line for ending Mannings career.
Indians were running it.
No taxes,
no debt,
women did all the work.

Cabrito Game profile

Aug 8th 2012, 22:38:57

Originally posted by elvesrus:
there is only one thing I like about Tebow.

He makes Alex Smith look great ;)

Alex Smith SUCKS worst the Mebow. And I have hated Mebow since Florida State stopped him before he could get out of the end zone and no safety was called in that florida Florida State game in 06 which Florida State should of won 22-21 but ended up losing 21-14 thanks to the refs.

But Smith was, is and always will be a better college player. I have been a life long Niners fan but the Niners aint winning a SB anytime soon with Alex Smith. I would Rather have Mebow then Smith at QB.
Indians were running it.
No taxes,
no debt,
women did all the work.

uldust Game profile

Aug 10th 2012, 4:40:09

Chiefs have what it takes to go deep into the playoffs this year for sure. Maybe I will see you at a game this year.lol

Riddler Game profile

Aug 15th 2012, 13:14:17

Originally posted by Bigwiggle:

I knew I liked you for a reason BW

Bigwiggle Game profile

Aug 15th 2012, 14:18:04

I don't know if I'm more surprised that there are any Bills fans left in the world or that they are not ashamed to talk about other teams being bad. Whether Tebow is with the Jets or with any other team does not help the fact that the Bill will always be a crappy team, both to their division and the entire league.

4 superbowls in a row, friend. Let me know when that happens again. And the bills are gonna have a great shot at a wildcard this year. Yeah I spent 95% of my life in buffalo Vamps, born and raised.
Wiggity

msn -

Boltar Game profile

Aug 15th 2012, 15:12:20

4 in a row don't mount for anything when they were all loses.

Bigwiggle Game profile

Aug 15th 2012, 16:39:51

It amounts to something .. certainly doesn't mean the bills "will always be a crappy team, both to their division and the entire league". And they ran into a once in a lifetime powerhouse Dallas squad the last two.

Back to the point, I was happy when Tebow went to the Jets. This WILL make them even worse, and we play them week 1 and week 17, both important games I bet
Wiggity

msn -

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 15th 2012, 22:48:09

Originally posted by Boltar:
4 in a row don't mount for anything when they were all loses.

I don't necessarily agree with that. Just making it to the superbowl is something big. Now showing up for the big dance 4 times and losing all 4 does suck and kind of puts a black eye on an otherwise great thing but it still means something to make it there. If my team just went to the superbowl I'd be one happy camper!

ZIP Game profile

Aug 16th 2012, 11:31:24

Originally posted by Bigwiggle:

+1
fluff your 300 Spartans fool - i have 32 of the biggest fluffed mother fluffers made of titanium !!
A brigade from Blackstreetboyz (#91) has invaded your lands! Your defenses held against the invaders and forced them away! Your military lost:1 Troops

trumper Game profile

Aug 16th 2012, 13:51:51

I'm happy with RGIII. You can have Tebow and Sanchez.

archaic Game profile

Aug 16th 2012, 14:39:28

Tebow did not make the playoffs last year, the defense and kicker made the playoffs in spite of him. I LIKE Tebow, but he just does not have the stuff to be a QB in the NFL. He could be a great TE or h-back, but the league is riddled with great college guys that COULD throw that did not make it - not much hope for a guy that can't throw to stick on anything but hype.

Ever since Hard Knocks, the once promising Jets have become the Kardasians of the NFL, kinda cute, no talant, have to keep topping the last story with something more outrageous.
Cheating Mod Hall of Shame: Dark Morbid, Turtle Crawler, Sov

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 16th 2012, 15:48:12

We'll just have to wait and see. If he can develop his throwing a bit he could be a dangerous tool. He is a work in progress and only time will tell!

Vamps Game profile

Aug 17th 2012, 1:58:59

There are many teams that have not won a Superbowl. Also, for years the Bills have struggled to find a decent GM and a good head coach. All I know is this - I have never seen the Jets and Miami look so bad, while the Bills have looked this good.

I don't know if it will be good enough to squeeze out a wild card, but it's certainly a possibility. It's going to be an interesting year.

Vamps Game profile

Aug 17th 2012, 1:59:50

"Ever since Hard Knocks, the once promising Jets have become the Kardasians of the NFL, kinda cute, no talant, have to keep topping the last story with something more outrageous."

That was a very good analogy too. Well played.

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 17th 2012, 2:21:46

The Bills looked good the first part of last year and then they just washed out.

archaic Game profile

Aug 17th 2012, 14:13:07

The thing is, if his mechanics are not solid now, they are not going to magically appear. Most modern NFL quarterbacks have have professional throwing coaches since they were in high school. At this point Tebow has had top notch coaching for 10 years, if he does not have it by now, he's probably not going to get it. Other than Vick, I've never heard of a guy learning to throw while in the NFL - and Vick had to go to prison to get his mechanics sorted out.
Cheating Mod Hall of Shame: Dark Morbid, Turtle Crawler, Sov

Unsympathetic Game profile

Aug 21st 2012, 2:45:03

The Jets have a top3 defense this year. They have 2 starting QB's.. which means they have none.

alexbajd Game profile

Aug 21st 2012, 3:33:16

Diplomacy is the art of saying "Nice doggie" until you can find a rock.