TAN Game profile

Aug 15th 2012, 17:26:16

Congrats Sov. :)
FREEEEEDOM!!!

Marshal Game profile

Aug 15th 2012, 19:25:49

Originally posted by qzjul:
holy crap 16 countries takes too long.

you are playing wrong then, most of days it takes 15 mins to play 17 countries (that includes alliance), even less if its batchexplore day.
Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Gallery: K at least I am to my expectations now.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....

Sov Game profile

Aug 16th 2012, 7:02:41

You chose the worst time to give me responsibility! :p

I am pretty busy right now, but over the next couple of days I will populate the forum with as much content as I can. I encourage other leaders to follow suit and contribute.

I ask that we all set aside grudges and politics for this project which can benefit the entire game. Anything that does not belong on the forum will be deleted.

locket Game profile

Aug 16th 2012, 8:57:26

Marshal, it takes too long to play them WELL :P

trumper Game profile

Aug 16th 2012, 13:59:52

- Tips on how to get a new Alliance started
*Have a core group to start. If you haven't played in an establish alliance then you should. You need to learn the ins and outs somewhere. Recogize that like many things in life, change does not happen overnight.
- Tips and discussion on how to recruit members
*See point one. Ultimately people want to play somewhere fun and where they feel there are part of a community. Sometimes the village idiots like Dagga help define the place and make everyone else feel better about his or herself.
- Tips and discussion on how to improve skills within your Alliance
*Have strats to begin with. (You could just steal them from somewhere else, not that I'm endorsing stealing, but everyone used to do that before). You need someone who is a solid commie-indy player that way you can make big retals and get necessary ops.
- Foreign Affairs tips
*Rule one, trust no one. Today's FDP randomly becomes tomorrow's enemy. If you have solid friends, stick up for them. In the end of the day, operate under the assumption that you're proud to defend any action taken by your action. If you're not, then you probably need to assess the situation and be fair as an FA. Also, FA means you will likely have to give reps or land from your country when dealing with some of your less than stellar alliance members.
- Leadership idea sharing
*For every Zen, you need a Trife. For every Assassin, well, you need everyone else. In seriousness, leading is a responsibility and it can be a lot of fun as well as a lot of work. I don't envy those of you aspiring leaders. It's much more fun to serve as an armchair qb/backseat driver and start problems rather than solve problems.

Sov Game profile

Aug 17th 2012, 7:02:25

Xelah Game profile

Aug 17th 2012, 8:28:21

Just posted the only thing I feel qualified to tell any other new tags looking to make a name for themselves on Alliance. Everything else I've done has been trial and error... mostly error. :p
--Xelah
Death Knights
-*-*- First to get banned from the new forums 04-05-2010 -*-*-

Sov Game profile

Aug 17th 2012, 10:33:50

Thanks for the input bud, thats exactly the type of input I would like everyone else to put in :)