Verified:

highrock Game profile

Oct 4th 2012, 16:59:17

If you were given 60k acres at the beginning of the reset fully built, what strat would you play to get the best finish?

1. Techer - pound for pound clearly the best netting government, but I'd be concerned how a 60k techer at the beginning of the set would affect tech and bushel prices all set. Probably the most market dependent of the strats.

2. Casher - Less market dependent, second best pound for pound. Only dependent really on bushel prices.

3. Farmer - Easy to play, not really dependent on market, but not as good as casher or techer.

4. CI - Strong off the bat. You could easily get to 100k land by just feeding everybody in the beginning. I don't know how a huge commie would work.

5. Reseller?
formerly Viola MD

NukEvil Game profile

Oct 4th 2012, 17:03:29

Originally posted by highrock:
If you were given 60k acres at the beginning of the reset fully built, what strat would you play to get the best finish?

If ONLY you got 60k fully-built acres in the beginning of a reset, I'd make it my personal mission to either take as many of those acres as I could or destroy you. However, if EVERYONE got 60k fully-built acres in the beginning, we'd all be a bunch of Donald Trumps, sitting at the same table, telling each other how fired we are. Sort of like what we're doing now...but with more acreage.
I am a troll. Everything I say must be assumed to be said solely to provoke an exaggerated reaction to the current topic. I fully intend to bring absolutely no substance to any discussion, ongoing or otherwise. Conversing with me is pointless.

archaic Game profile

Oct 4th 2012, 18:00:50

Well, if you alone had the 60 acres, then it really would not matter what you did. I think the low cost and lack of market dependency would make a casher the most viable option. As a techer, you'd be at the mercy of all of the guppies buying your tech to set the price.

If EVERYBODY had the built 60k . . . well, that would make for an interesting beta set now wouldn't it?
Cheating Mod Hall of Shame: Dark Morbid, Turtle Crawler, Sov

qzjul Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Oct 4th 2012, 18:04:35

i think if you were the *ONLY* one to get that fully built country, if you were a techer you'd single-handedly wipe out the market for tech; same with food; so i'd have to go with casher tbh....
Finally did the signature thing.

H4xOr WaNgEr Game profile

Forum Moderator

Oct 4th 2012, 19:35:10

yeah but the casher would have problems too. there wouldn't be enough goods on the market for him, for example. How is the casher going to max out his tech on that many acres and so little tech available? he would off to a bit of a rough start in that sense. The farmer would be as well for the same reason.

I would go with the techer, you can always limit your sales and even if you do crash the market you are still making more $ than anyone. Chances are your impact on the market would divert other players from playing techer in the midgame as well.

Marshal1

Oct 4th 2012, 19:36:02

techer, farmer (farmer oiler) and indy could get undercutted while casher just buys stuffs it needs so i would go as casher.
galleri: fluff off marshal

archaic: FFS when Marshal has stood out as maybe the brightest person on the whole thread . . . fluff me, I'm going to go smoke a joint and reevaluate some fluff

sinistril: Oh snap, Marshal destroyed galleri. Thought I'd

Fuji Game profile

Oct 4th 2012, 20:57:47

Rainbow

ingle Game profile

Oct 4th 2012, 21:04:26

If you are a full casher, you'd require a huge amount of food per turn (even if all the small countries went farmer, they probably won't be producing enough food to run all your turns per day).

Realistically, I think you'd have to play a casher with some farms.
This way you can actually play all your turns without any problems. You would probably be able to control the markets completely simply by buying everything out or with orders.

qzjul Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Oct 4th 2012, 21:05:09

Sadly a rainbow might be best in that situation =/ that's what alpha servers have taught me anyway... try doing *anything* without a market and it's difficult...
Finally did the signature thing.

Xinhuan Game profile

Oct 5th 2012, 1:28:29

Realistically, you will get NMs thrown at you the moment any countries get into range with NMs.

Therefore, you need to
A) Have at least some labs to tech SDI so you reach a decent amount before anyone gets in range

B) You need at least a portion of land in Farms because there is insufficient food produced by the rest of the server in the first week.

C) You need minimal Indies (maybe 1k will do) to produce units to defend yourself from the biggest indy topfeeders.

D) Even as a casher, you would hit the 2b cash limit in a day or two, and you would not be able to stockpile anything because there is pretty much next to no supply of anything in the first week of the reset.

You would then need to stockpile your own produce, hopefully in military units that you produce, or tech that you tech.

Under all these circumstances, you would be best off by starting as a rainbow that is completely self sufficient (produces enough food, positive income, can tech some SDI).

Vic Game profile

Oct 5th 2012, 1:39:26

xinny, if you were given 60k acres fully built, at the beginning of the set,
do you think anyone would be getting in range of you? at any point?

i think not

Xinhuan Game profile

Oct 5th 2012, 1:55:37

You're probably right there, but you'll still have to be self-stocking.

Vic Game profile

Oct 5th 2012, 2:02:06

perhaps qz and pang could come up with a new server for us to try this out on?

iSigma Game profile

Oct 5th 2012, 2:40:02

Originally posted by highrock:

1. Techer - pound for pound clearly the best netting government, but I'd be concerned how a 60k techer at the beginning of the set would affect tech and bushel prices all set. Probably the most market dependent of the strats.

2. Casher - Less market dependent, second best pound for pound. Only dependent really on bushel prices.

3. Farmer - Easy to play, not really dependent on market, but not as good as casher or techer.

4. CI - Strong off the bat. You could easily get to 100k land by just feeding everybody in the beginning. I don't know how a huge commie would work.

5. Reseller?

NO NO NO...
"What counts is not necessarily the size of the dog in the fight – it’s the size of the fight in the dog"

"iSigma"
<>
Netters Anonymous(NA) ===> Alliance Server
Legends At Earth (LaE) ==> Free For All